Stargate: SG-1 Figures

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#461 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

I would say it is because MOC serpent guards could be bought for under the price of those two figures your asking for. If somebody is willing to pay that I say go for it.

#462 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

I thought the Serpent Guard went for $30-$40 and the Garrison Jack can be bought on ebay for $10 and a loose drone could be about $10 as well. It doesn't really matter anyway.

#463 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Actually Serpent Guards are up to $60-100 now.

#464 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

well there are 2 on ebay right now for under $20...one is only at about $10

#465 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

I suppose prices have lowered a bit, the ended listings are showing $40-60. They were going for $100 easy before TheOuterReaches apparently came across several and have been posting them regularly for the past couple of months, though.

#466 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I was looking at my Stargate figures and thinking that there are still a few characters I would like to get. I wonder if DST will show anything this year. I get the impression that they are done with Stargate for now if not for good. I think they are going to start offering Stargate Universe later.

DST should anchor a stargate wave with heavy hitters. I know wave 1 of Stargate SG-1 are very rare...is that because Jack and Daniel are popular? I say make a wave 6 with these characters

Wave 6
Jack in offworld woodland camo
Sam in offworld woodland camo
Bratac
Apophis in gold armor
Dr. Frasier
Send away Sam in garrison outfit

Wave 7
Daniel in offworld woodland camo
Tealc in offworld woodland camo
Selmac/Jacob
General Landry
Vala in season 10 offworld gear
case topper Tealc in garrison outfit

I would like to see a kull warrior
new jaffa like the horus guard as well.

Anyways, you get SG-1 in woodland camo spread out over two waves and some are mostly repaints and one new sculpt.

#467 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

I think it is because Daniel and Jack are popular. They're probably the characters most recognizable to a casual fan. Between that and the mad scramble for gate pieces, it's no wonder they're hard to find.

#468 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

DST's latest Q&A
http://www.artasylum.../08/ask-dst-49/

- Wave 5 suspended!!

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Mar 4 2009, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DSTChuck: Lets say the Stargate line is suspended for right now, we

#469 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

Well, they didn't say wave 5 was suspended. Granted, they mentioned pre-orders have been low (SHOW THAT HORUS GUARD PLZ) but that was a bit too vague to take as wave 5 being suspended. I'm thinking it's still active - or as active as it can be as they await to reach the pre-order quota.

Anyways, there was another answer in there which mentioned that even if Universe doesn't take off well, they'd still work to get something out in 2010. That leaves me thinking that even if wave 5 doesn't reach pre-order quota, they'll probably push it out as the last wave or something.

#470 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Aug 11 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DST's latest Q&A

- Cancellation of Atlantis:

DSTChuck: I have to be honest with you the cancellation of Atlantis caught us off guard and certainly does not send the message we all want to send to the retail community. We

#471 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Aug 11 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am pretty sure that he was talking about the show itself being canceled that caught them off guard and not the figure line.

Yes, I gathered he meant the show itself.

#472 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

I submitted a question a few days back that I was disappointed not to see answered, it was about Atlantis series 3. I pointed out that it seems to have done pretty well, as it's sold out in some places where series 1 and 2 sets are still available. Granted, series 3 is still plenty available on their own site, but their prices are almost always higher than others' so it takes longer.

Anyways, I was hoping they would note if it had been a successful release for them.

#473 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Shame this wave is in limbo we never even saw a pic of the Horus guard!

#474 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

I firmly believe there never was a real "horus" guard just a huge blunder "anubis" guard! Or thats what is holding up this wave.

#475 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Aug 14 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I firmly believe there never was a real "horus" guard just a huge blunder "anubis" guard! Or thats what is holding up this wave.

That's my gut feeling too. I think DST was pumped at doing another Jaffa and then someone pointed out, "Hey, that's an Anubis Guard not Hourus." DST checked and then said "Crap, they are right! Suspend the wave!"

I think it is strange we never saw a picture.

#476 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

The funny thing is, they should be able to make both fairly easily. In the movie (and assuming they used the movie Horus helmets for the show), both helmets were 90% the same. They had an articulated joint that allowed the themed face to move around, so if DST was clever about it, they simply would have only had to make a single helmet with a modular joint, and then make the Horus and Anubis face pieces to attach to that joint. I doubt they did, though.

http://www.gateworld...ver2007_128.jpg
http://www.yourprops...ate (1994).jpeg

I have to say I'm inclined to believe that they may have indeed been lying about planning both Guards from the get-go, not only because they haven't shown a picture of the proper Horus Guard, but because the Anubis/Jackal guard is just so incredibly random. They said they don't have the movie license, so why make it? I mean, surely they noticed that all reference pictures were related to the movie, especially since they made the helmet incredibly accurate looking. Unless the Anubis Guard is supposed to be a promotion for Stargate Worlds...

You know, I really just want to shrug and say "I'm sure they'll get the stuff out, we just have to be patient." But... I'm just sick and tired of waiting, and not hearing anything, and then bam, it's canceled. Then they put all the blame on OUR end.

#477 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

Looking at pics of the Anubis/Jackal Guard, I'm thinking maybe they did indeed design it so that they could use the same helmet and just change the face portion. In this pic, the Jackal face looks like it's separated enough from the rest of the helmet...

I dunno.

#478 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...68&itemid=15125

No release dates for wave 5.

TBD
Stargate SG1 Series 5 PX Ba

#479 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, it's been like that for awhile. They just need to say the wave is dead. Stargate's always been an afterthought to them anyways, so they may as well put us out of our misery and declare it gone.

#480 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Dec 3 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they may as well put us out of our misery and declare it gone.

As Chuck said above in the Q&A, they don't think they are done making Stargate products.

So there may be hope...but I don't suggest anyone get too excited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users