• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

They do actually look pretty decent.... and are they actually going to be available early 2019??!

#42 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

I can't remember the last time I was excited about any DST Trek other than a ship, but I am really looking forward to these.  The price is reasonable, in my opinion, and they look very nice.  I pre-ordered through BBTS.

#43 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

https://twitter.com/...509886428856321

#44 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

Wow. Those turned out pretty nice.

#45 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

I guess we'll see how well they sell. I wouldn't keep those if they gave me a set for free. Nostalgia sells the most with Star Trek but I can't imagine someone having fond memories from their childhood watching the Abrams travesty trilogy.

#46 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

I guess we'll see how well they sell. I wouldn't keep those if they gave me a set for free. Nostalgia sells the most with Star Trek but I can't imagine someone having fond memories from their childhood watching the Abrams travesty trilogy.

If you hate it so much then why in hell would you come into a thread about it? I'll tell you why. You're a nasty little troll. You just want to run your idiot mouth every time someone mentions the Abrams movies. That's pretty much all you do on this forum any more.

#47 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

I hate the Abrams movies because they , and Discovery are not real Star Trek and those of us that feel that way want real Star Trek back instead of the trash they are pedaling as Star Trek today. I've been a Star Trek fan for nearly 50 years and I know what real Star Trek is. I don't see where you need to resort to name calling. My opinion is shared by quite a few people here that haven't spoken out because you might call them names like you called me just now.

#48 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

I hate the Abrams movies because they , and Discovery are not real Star Trek and those of us that feel that way want real Star Trek back instead of the trash they are pedaling as Star Trek today. I've been a Star Trek fan for nearly 50 years and I know what real Star Trek is. I don't see where you need to resort to name calling. My opinion is shared by quite a few people here that haven't spoken out because you might call them names like you called me just now.

You came into the thread to shit on the Kelvin movies. That isn't contributing to any kind of discussion. 

Those movies did bring in new fans, as has Discovery. Like it or not. 

Just because you don't like the movies doesn't mean there aren't people out there that would have fond memories of the 2009 one. Its nearly 10 years old, there very well could be an adult or teenager that saw them when they were younger, became a fan because of them, and have those same fond memories you have of the older series. 

#49 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

I hate the JJverse and love to shit on it.

However, I am buying these figures, because let's face it, I'm a Trek collector and my DST figure line is complete so far...

But why aren't they out yet???

#50 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

If theres one thing we know about DST, its that they take their sweet time releasing stuff.

Especially Star Trek stuff.

#51 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:21 AM

Yeah... can we get back to complaining about DST! :P

Seriously though, I have to agree with Whirlygig... in so much that my love or hate for the movies doesn't affect my critical eye as to the quality of these... they do look great! I can't say if I'll buy them... but I'm prone to picking all kinds of stuff up if its put in front of me. 

#52 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

I wasn't a fan of the Star Wars prequels. The designs made fun toys and I kept collecting but I never insisted they weren't "real" Star Wars just because I thought so highly of my subjective opinion.

Looking forward to seeing these Kelvin figures in person. I'm just happy to see DST doing Star Trek action figures again instead of glorified statues. I only wish there was a proper build-a-bridge to go with them instead of tiny floor mats.

#53 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

They hit stores January 30. In our warehouse now, if you want to order through the DST store. 

shop.diamondselecttoys.com/star-trek

#54 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

Thank Zach... do you know if these will be in Walgreens? or any other big box stores? or will they be more of a CBS or GameStop thing?

#55 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:29 PM

They hit stores January 30. In our warehouse now, if you want to order through the DST store. 

shop.diamondselecttoys.com/star-trek

35bfca5069ae6258385bb08e407ed2ca-e149262

Also better pictures of the borg I see.

#56 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

Thank Zach... do you know if these will be in Walgreens? or any other big box stores? or will they be more of a CBS or GameStop thing?

Comic Book Shops and online retailers. NOT Gamestop or Walgreens. 

#57 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the info!

#58 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Saw the figures in a Canadian comic store. I wasnt expecting to see them. Ill bring more disposible income, on the weekend. They look pretty good!!

#59 Damon1984

Damon1984

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

Trekcore has a Review of the figures up:

http://trekcore.com/...action-figures/

Spock looks really good. Kirk... had too many marshmallows ;)

Both look like fun figures though.

#60 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

Review says Kirk and Spock in a two pack from DST. Am I to assume these are just the individually packed figures into 1 shipping box? Can only see pics of the single cards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kirk, spock, kelvin, figures, dst, sdcc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users