• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 11:21 AM

Canada got their own version of Trek Micro Machine cards, with French and English text. Somewhat subtle, and rare to find today.

cad-2.jpg

#2 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 August 2023 - 11:25 AM

Another Canadian card, also the three-stripe variant.

At the time, in 1994-1995 when these sets were out, I've never seen one of the tri-color packaging variants in the US at all, though I think they were the early versions from 1993. But still, didn't see them at all, US or Canadianuntil I started actively collecting this stuff a decade ago. And turns out there's a lot of them on the aftermarket. Just not the Canadian ones.

micros-can.jpg

#3 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 04:53 PM

Those look really familiar - are you sure they didn't ship to Europe too? I live in Ireland.

#4 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 10:03 AM

These have the Maple leaf at the top right, so I think these are very specific just to Canada. But I haven't see what was shipped to Ireland, so I can't rule it out. 

#5 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 19 August 2023 - 11:39 AM

Ah, so how different were these from the US editions? Was the background image the same or was it totally different?

#6 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:12 AM

Here's the small collector set, with a few differences from the US version. I haven't seen what the back of this one looks like, however. The maple leaf is perhaps noticeable, but not much bilingual text on the front except for the top left portion and bottom left portion. 

It's too bad these didn't get some kind of large, PM-style, sticker for the front in a bright color to differentiate them. The differences here are subtle, at least from the front. I will try to find what the backs of these look like. 

cadds.jpg

#7 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 08:28 AM

Not a vast difference out back, but the maple leaf is immediately noticeable. 

cadds5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)