Photo

Got a couple of the 3 & 3/4" figures a little early!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

Went to my TRU, and they had all the figures ... except for the 3 & 2/4 scale! GAH.
So I picked myself up a phaser and called it a day. PSHEW PSHEW! This thing is fun.

#62 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (skeletor @ Apr 11 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nobody got the transporter yet? Id like to hear some of the opinions on it before I buy one.
It would look good having it just to display some figures on it, but if only one figure at a time and be "transported" then I think I'll probably pass on it.
especially with the small figures being in the $6.47 range...sorry, but I just think that's too much for a 3.75 figure lol

Oh man, don't look at Star Wars figures then. Those go for $7.99, it's the times man. sad.gif

#63 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (skeletor @ Apr 11 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nobody got the transporter yet? Id like to hear some of the opinions on it before I buy one.
It would look good having it just to display some figures on it, but if only one figure at a time and be "transported" then I think I'll probably pass on it.
especially with the small figures being in the $6.47 range...sorry, but I just think that's too much for a 3.75 figure lol

I haven't seen the Transporter or Bridge yet. Only one figure at a time can be transported though. We know that much from the commercial.
I'm definitely going to snap them up as soon as I can though... but about the price for the smaller figures.... its a DEAL.

With a typical Star Wars figure you pay $7.99 and you get the figure, an accessory and maybe a build-a-figure piece.
With a Marvel Universe figure you pay $7.99 (or $8.44 at Wal-Mart) and you get one tiny accessory.
With a GI Joe you pay $6.99 or so and get a couple accessories

But with the Star Trek figure you get a figure, 1-2 accessories, a stand, a utility belt and a piece of the bridge (which in the first wave is a control console and a chair.) All that for $6.50. It's actually a pretty amazing price for what you get.

#64 redrazor3722

redrazor3722

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

I've seen both the bridge and transporter room. But having problems finding some of the figs.

#65 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

So now it's a definite that someone in the UK who picked up the 3.75'' figures from Argos didn't get bridge pieces with them... so maybe they aren't coming with them in the UK? If that's so then you'd think the UK is getting a version of the bridge with all the pieces... huh.

#66 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 13 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now it's a definite that someone in the UK who picked up the 3.75'' figures from Argos didn't get bridge pieces with them... so maybe they aren't coming with them in the UK? If that's so then you'd think the UK is getting a version of the bridge with all the pieces... huh.

I've asked Dave at Who Blackpool to confirm what he can on this as it's goiung to be a major headache otherwise! I don't fancy importing the lot!!!

#67 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

can you confirm the location of that Argos store lol I went to one locally as well as 2 of the TRU's we have and neither had them - Argos you have to order them from a catalog in the store and they had no pages for Trek in it so i assumed it wasn't out yet.

I'll ring them 2morrow.

#68 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (New Frontier @ Apr 14 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you confirm the location of that Argos store lol I went to one locally as well as 2 of the TRU's we have and neither had them - Argos you have to order them from a catalog in the store and they had no pages for Trek in it so i assumed it wasn't out yet.

I'll ring them 2morrow.

Ech Argos seemed to get, like, two or three figures. Not in catalogue, not online, and doesn't work on the phone. I'll try and get the cat number over to you later.

#69 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Local Wal Mart had a bunch of 3 inchers in a cardboard case on a shelf but I won't buy them until Monday.
I have a feeling if I tried to today I'll get them to the checkout counter and the scanner won't read them!

I speak as a Star Wars figure collector I kinda know the drill.

-cs

#70 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ Apr 15 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Local Wal Mart had a bunch of 3 inchers in a cardboard case on a shelf but I won't buy them until Monday.
I have a feeling if I tried to today I'll get them to the checkout counter and the scanner won't read them!

I speak as a Star Wars figure collector I kinda know the drill.

-cs

#71 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

I've gotten all my stuff at Wal-Mart and had no problems. There are far too many stores releasing these for the release date to still hold. It's possible Playmates lifted it (assuming it was ever official and not just a "launch date") and some stores didn't get the message.

#72 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

I think that may be the case.
My TRU put the toys out, but nada everywhere else. Nothing at 2 Walmarts, 3 targets, and 1 Kmart.
I'm figuring they'll be waiting for sunday, so my wife and I decided to make a day of it. Get up early, go out for breakfast, then hit up Walmart and wipe 'em clean!

#73 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

I'm gonna be dropping by there tomorrow.

Actually I did think of doing that but mainly I decided against it. I went there for something else and I swung by the toys and *badow* there they were!

It was either tonight's dinner or Trek figs.

-cs™

#74 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

I went back today and the Trek section in the toys expanded a little bit. 3 inchers, 6 inchers and oh my the Enterprise! I picked up the Big it now stands alongside the old school Playmates Enterprise.

Got one 3.75 figure I picked up Pike. I looked at the selection I heard "I dare you to do better."

-cs

#75 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

It seems Toys R Us n the UK has them all now, at least i have just got 9 of the 3 3/4 scale (they sold out of Nero apparently) and the Enterprise, my god aren't these fantastic. the ship is far superior to the likes of DST's WoK Enterprise' and their TOS offering and this is just a kids toy - superb lighting and sounds and sculpted to perfection, i love the stand too.

the figures are superb too - as with all 3 3/4 scale collecting all of them is going to make them look better than having just one, i can see what people mean about Kirk but i've seen Star Wars figures that are just as bad so i think there's a limit to what you can achieve in 3 3/4 scale.

What's taken hasbro years to perfect, seems to have taken Playmates only a few months, by and large they all look like the characters their meant to be but the best figure has to be the elder spock, he's brilliant. Uhura is as well and so is young spock and scotty, all look superb, i love the acessories but i wish they had not done that pathetic insignia stand for the starfleet figures and used the Elder spock stand instead, it just looks better and less tacky.

these figures didn't come with the bridge piece or transporter piece which might prove to be dissapointing for those who what those playsets unless Vvid imaginations plans a 2nd run once the movie is out with the bridge pieces included.

over all, i am hugely impressed by these figures, if i have time i'll post pics but for the mean time take my word for it and go buy these, fantastic figures smile.gif

Next on my list is the Nero they had sold out of and the Phaser and communicator.

#76 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

Glad you found them NF! smile.gif

I really have to say I do love them to pieces. Now that I have the Transporter I've just fallen in love with the scale. I was never into any other toy property that much that was this scale. I've gotten some of the Marvel Universe figures which are fun but these are great. I love the little accessories and as a collector I'm glad they don't take up much room! The transporter is nice and compact.

After having played with the Transporter, I definitely don't think the UK will miss much if they don't get those other parts. Sure, you can complete the circle of the pad but having the wall just sit in the back is kind of silly looking. Also, I really prefer having the control panel attached to the unit as well. Plus the wall really helps guide the Transporter tube onto the pad. It's kind of hard to see how it fits in without it for one thing. AND, the transporter tube is quite small. The figures have to go at sort of an angle to the tube (and if you use the guide it works out great) but it can be a bit tricky.

#77 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Anyone ever find out if the complete bridge will be out for UK and international customers? Would be of interest for MIB completists if there was going to be such a variant release.

#78 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

Jeff Cope posted a list on TheFwoosh from a Wal-Mart computer of a possible second wave. Seems pretty plausible. There's nothing on this list that you probably don't know about from the trailers (except the last one as Id have no idea who that is) but I'll put it in spoiler quotes just in case.

MCCOY / ENTERPRISE 43377-61756
CHECKOV / ENTERPRISE 43377-61758
SAREK 43377-61762
GENERAL AYEL 43377-61764
KIRK / CADET 43377-61765
SPOCK / CADET LEADER 43377-61766
TBD 43377-61767
UHURA CADET 43377-61768
SPACESUIT KIRK 43377-61770
SPOCK VULCAN 43377-61771
TBD2 43377-61772
KIRK FROZEN PLANET 43377-61774
SULU SPACESUIT 43377-61775
POLOARILLA 43377-61776

Remember this is just rumor right now of course. I do hope they branch out more if we get Wave 3. Slightly annoyed if we get 3 Kirks and 2 Spocks in one wave. Nice to know we'll get the rest of the crew in duty uniform though. There are supposed to be a total of 4 waves planned if the line sells well. There is one released now, on mid-summer/fall, one late fall and one early next year!

#79 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:46 AM

I like getting two more Spocks! And a Sarek? I hope one of the TBD's is a Amanda. Wonder what a Poloarilla is? A frozen planet gorilla? Maybe a cold climate Mugatu?

#80 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

POLOARILLA?

May I say how annoyed I was when Bones and Chekov were not in their uniforms. But I got over it...

-cs™

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users