Thanks Alteran! Much appreciated :)

#22 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

These should be a bit better resolution.....

7bQSEh1.jpg

1CoxUI8.jpg

And all that was pre painted?  That looks great.

#23 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

And all that was pre painted?  That looks great.

No, he painted it. 

#24 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

Alteran is right Qcjoe.... I put about 15 hours into painting and assembly.

#25 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

It really looks amazing. The painting is superb. Now I want to do a new model.

#26 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

JMW.... The Bandai models are great!

#27 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

Alteran is right Qcjoe.... I put about 15 hours into painting and assembly.

Even better.  For something that size what do you charge?

#28 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Qc......

If you want a similar paint job and If you supply the model I would charge around 70.00.....If you want me to buy the model you're looking close to 100.00. That's the best I can do because of supplies and the time it takes to put all the pipe work on the model.  

#29 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

I should also say that one deceiving thing about models is their size..... You guys probably all know this, but just because a model is small doesn't mean its easier.... Often times ( If you want it done properly) the opposite applies because you have to pay attention with such great detail..... The only thing less expensive about smaller kits is usually the actual kit themselves due to less plastic....

#30 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

Qc......

If you want a similar paint job and If you supply the model I would charge around 70.00.....If you want me to buy the model you're looking close to 100.00. That's the best I can do because of supplies and the time it takes to put all the pipe work on the model.  

Are all those pipes separate pieces?

#31 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Oh my........ The humanity..... Unfortunately the answer is yes, Alterean. I mean it makes for an amazing build at almost 150 parts but to put things in perspective, your Enterprise C is only like 30 parts ! I can honestly say that construction wise, even though far smaller than the C, the Y-Wing is FAR, FAR, more complex and tedious.... I literally was sitting with modelling tweezers putting the 40 some odd pipes on just so....... 

#32 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

Oh my........ The humanity..... Unfortunately the answer is yes, Alterean. I mean it makes for an amazing build at almost 150 parts but to put things in perspective, your Enterprise C is only like 30 parts ! I can honestly say that construction wise, even though far smaller than the C, the Y-Wing is FAR, FAR, more complex and tedious.... I literally was sitting with modelling tweezers putting the 40 some odd pipes on just so....... 

Good god. I remember building my prepainted 100th Anniversary Titanic and having to place all the tiny life boats and air...tubes... that was not fun. I can only imagine having to properly position all those pipes. 

#33 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Wow..... You built an HMS Titanic??  I would love to see pictures of that !! I watched your review on your Trek Modeler Enterprise- B.... It's a stunning piece... He does good work !!!  I wish I could do electronic work so I could light these models.... That would be so awesome !!

The roughest part is that while the Y-Wing kit is quite well engineered .... the pipes fit almost down to the micron so if you're off with one pipe it throws everything else off.... Oh, and if you don't glue them they fall off.... Even though the kit is touted as a snap kit it really isn't. I pre-painted the hull so I literally had to scratch away very small portions of the hull where the pipes lay to get cohesion with the liquid cement.... it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to assemble this kit in full than paint all of it and have it look good ..... 

#34 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

Wow..... You built an HMS Titanic??  I would love to see pictures of that !! I watched your review on your Trek Modeler Enterprise- B.... It's a stunning piece... He does good work !!!  I so wish I could do electronic work so I could light these models.... That would be so awesome !!

The roughest part is that while the Y-Wing kit is quite well engineered .... the pipes fit almost down to the micron so if you're off with one pipe it throws everything else off.... Oh, and if you don't glue them they fall off.... Even though the kit is touted as a snap kit it really isn't. I pre-painted the hull so I literally had to scratch away very small portions of the hull where the pipes lay to get cohesion with the liquid cement.... it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to assemble this kit in full than paint all of it and have it look good ..... 

I built this one:

http://imgur.com/gkDZnNc

The plastic was molded in the correct colors so it didn't involve any painting. When I unpack it after I move I'll send you some pictures.

Edit: the brown tree(?) on the right in the picture shows some of the little bits that you had to glue on. 

#35 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

Yeah....... That does not look like fun with all those small parts !! Yeah it is called a sprue tree......  That is a nice kit !!!  Im scared to build non-sci-fi stuff because I already spend way too much on that alone.... If I got into "Real World" ....Man .... I would be building Ferraris, Sailing ships.....Id be in serious trouble !!!  LOL I do do real world stuff for my buddy who is a history buff.... But thats it. I actually just built President Lincoln's ceremonial burial carriage in 1/72 scale for my friend about 6 months ago...... that was so elaborate !... almost as bad as the Y-Wing and the Titanic LOL ;)

#36 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

Yeah....... That does not look like fun with all those small parts !! Yeah it is called a sprue tree......  That is a nice kit !!!  Im scared to build non-sci-fi stuff because I already spend way too much on that alone.... If I got into "Real World" ....Man .... I would be building Ferraris, Sailing ships.....Id be in serious trouble !!!  LOL I do do real world stuff for my buddy who is a history buff.... But thats it. I actually just built President Lincoln's ceremonial burial carriage in 1/72 scale for my friend about 6 months ago...... that was so elaborate !... almost as bad as the Y-Wing and the Titanic LOL ;)

There aren't to many real world things I'm interested in having a model of, the Titanic is the exception since I've always been interested in it. 

I also wouldn't mind finding a model of the Enterprise aircraft carrier, seems fitting. 

#37 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

How much is the Xwing that you ordered from the UK?  Ill will have you do one early next year.  Once we get out of the holiday season.  Id rather give the money to some one I know that the ones I don't.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

That's an amazing build. It looks amazing.

#39 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

The X-Wing runs about 34.00 Qc.... It's about 10.5" long and is GORGEOUS!!! I received the kit yesterday and worked around the clock and am really close to finishing it.... Wait until you guys see the pictures.... It's a great kit and I LOVE the new X-Wing design.

I cheated a bit and took a break from Alterean's C because I'm waiting for some special decals.... I figured I would use the down time to work on the X-Wing!! :)

#40 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

I considered started a new thread for this, but I figured what the hell.

I got this kit from my GF for my bday. It's an incredibly detailed model as you can see from the pics Prometheus posted.

While mine won't turn out nearly as nice as his since I lack an airbrush and his skills, I figured I'd post what the kit looks like unpainted. The only thing I painted was the dome of the droid, orange in honor of Chopper.

z2q3IuD.jpg

I am going to try something with this kit that I've never done before, and put a gray wash on it to make it look dirty and hopefully more realistic.

I'll post a before and after pic of it when it's completed, I'm hoping for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users