59 replies to this topic

#1 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well alright, looks like somebody has finally took a great idea and ran with it. I wonder if DST or some other company could do the same with Star Trek. I could see that old Galoob line taking off especially if that Enterprise Playset was made! Looks like I finally have a reason to buy DST's Delorean Time Machine too, since Back To The Future is one of the forthcoming line of figures! About time!

http://www.funkofuna...hp?f=72&t=43377

http://www.actionfig...get-a-surprise/

http://www.galactich...-madness-ensues

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Back to the Future! Firefly! Buffy The Vampire Slayer!!

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Here is more. http://toynewsi.com/...74&itemid=21586

I am super excited to see what they do for Firefly.

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I would LOVE figs,and vehicles,from Last Starfighter,V,Automan,Greatest American Hero,Galaxy Quest,Blade Runner,Back to the Future,Lost in Space,Land of the Giants,Forbidden Planet,Rocketeer,Starman,Seaquest.....to name just a couple. lol!

J-R!

#5 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

I seem to remember Rocketeer being mentioned as a license that will see some product over at http://funkofunatic.com/ . I don't know what all product will be made though. Could be Pops, Bobble Heads, Reaction or Legacy. Hopefully all the above!

#6 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm excited about these. I have the Early Bird set coming to me... some day.

As for Star Trek. You never know, someone might be working on it...

#7 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

I got my set in from Entertainment Earth yesterday. I absolutely love these! I can't wait to see more of what Funko has planned. Reaction Figures definitely have me remembering what was so enjoyable about playing with my original Star Wars figure back in the 70s and 80s. Now if only playsets will see some kind of a revival.

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Has anyone else here bought these yet?

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

I saw them while in New York and just HAD to get an Alien! Love it! Regret not buying two,to be honest. Will have to rectify that on my next trip,lol. And get the rest as well. I really do like this throwback to the Kenner years and hope we get more,from different movies and tv shows as well.

J-R!

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

http://www.actionfig...iotti-of-funko/

News of Funko's announcement's keeps getting better and better! I can't wait to see Funko's presentation at Toy Fair 2014 in a few short weeks! Really excited about Classic Star Trek! Can't wait to see Spock stumbling on Alien's Xenomorph!

#11 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

I was just about to post about this,lol! I'm curious about the playset they'll be showing or selling at Comic Con.

Trying to post a comment on that site but when I say that three + five is eight,I only get an error message. Is my math THAT bad?! LOL!

Really looking forward to seeing what they'll be unveiling at TF2014 next month. Still gonna pick up an extra Alien fig,and the rest of them,next time I get to the US. Can't help it,I LOVE the old Kenner style!

J-R!

#12 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Entertainment Earth has a few photos of a few of the new sets. I'm really looking forward to seeing BTTF, Star Trek and Bill & Ted!

http://www.entertain...paign=RA_020714

#13 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

Lots of pics are out of the new figs. Back to the Future,Goonies,Trick'r'Treat,Universal Monsters,Firefly,Buffy,Pulp Fiction,Horror icons,Terminator,and so on and so on.

I DEFO want a little Sam,I like that movie and watch it every Halloween,lol!

J-R!

#14 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

I pre-ordered everything! Some are better than others. The Universal Monsters, the Rocketeer and Goonies are probably my absolute favorites at this point.

#15 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

The only one of these I'm really dissatisfied with is the Predator. My problems are mainly with the paint apps. I think the splotches of brown don't really follow the patterns on the character in the movie. Everything else I think I can live with.there are a few likenesses that seem off in the blurry pictures on Entertainment Earth. I guess we might get a better view of these soon enough.

#16 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

So anyone bought any of the new figs yet? I'm gonna pick up a Rocketeer soon as I get to the US again in exactly two weeks time. And I might try and get the black and white Comic Con exclusive one as well,when I get there. THAT depends on a LOT of factors though. How many is it limited to,how are the lines at their booth.....they're USUALLY pretty good......and how easy will it all be getting this. Price is not one of the factors. When I really want something I tend not to think about price,lol!

JonWes,weren't you gonna post about it here as well?! Don't keep it to just GallifreyBase man! LOL!

I just really wanna know what the playset is gonna be,I hope it's for these figs and not the POP cra....stuff.

J-R!

#17 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

My Rocketeer is on the way! 

The first SDCC exclusive officially announced is black and white Rocketeer...

https://staticapp.ic...76b8/image/jpeg

And, if you like retro figures, you've GOT to check out this Kickstarter. Loving this line. They all come with accessories (not shown here, but they are on the page:

https://www.kickstar...figure-toy-line

3f288ce9e41b61e95900fecd8e58c73b_large.j

8e91682bc63f764a9ed99a4a3bd80057_large.j

#18 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

I got the Rocketeer a couple of weeks ago. The sculpt is soft but I love this figure regardless. I got two so I could keep one on card. It's said that Funko went back and tweaked the sculpts on the other lines so maybe that's the reason some of the other lines have been delayed. I've also bought a few of the 6" Game of Thrones figures by Funko. This company has certainly come from out of nowhere to answer a lot of my collector's prayers for licenses I thought might never see action figures. I hope they might show something of the Star Trek TOS: Reaction Figures at SDCC!

#19 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Oh....That Cthulu line is definitely something I want as well!

#20 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

JonWes,you forgot to say the first SDCC exclusiveS. Yeah,they revelaed 2 of them so far,but I guess you only went with the fig as the other one is the POP! thing,lol. Not a fan of that myself,although I DO find that Sharknado one funny! LOVE Sharknado,BIG fan of really bad movies,lol! Can't wait for the rest of the merch from that,lol! And Sharknado 2 at the end of July,and 3 next summer. NEAT!

Well if they show any ST stuff at Comic Con,I'll get some pics and post,if I remember how to do it,lol!

Hmmmm,maybe I should start a SDCC exclusives thread here,and include booths one should check out. Is anyone here actually going to the con?

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users