• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ May 25 2007, 01:38 PM)  
I didn't know anything about there being a Tori figure. LL

She is one of the most awesome Diva figures to come from the TTL era....along with Molly Holly.

I just bought another lot from ROoSTA here in Australia. Cade/Murdoch 2-pack, RA18 Orlando Jordan, CS Godfather, Hooligans 2-pack & maybe one other thing.

That is to add to my previous order with him (though we're waiting for these items to hit Oz) of Candice Michelle, Honky Tonk Man, Gene Okerlund, Sherri Martel & from Rocky - Ivan & Ludmilla Drago.

#22 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:13 AM

What is with these TNA figures with these "variants" Ive found that these are in noway rare because many time the variant is sitting on the shelf more than the reg figure. I can undertsnad the Roode/Canada variant but just putting someone in a different color seems cheap to me. The new wave with senshi,young, and stevens all have a variant. I dont buy them but i also think its getting ridiculous.

#23 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

I decided to do some research and try to find some of the WCW figures I had back in the late 90s and it took me about an hour to find them. They were part of the WCW Vibrating Action Figure series.

Example (I had Sting, Scott Hall, Hollywood Hogan, and Kevin Nash)

#24 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:55 AM

Can someone tell me which assortment will have the BAF, and if you know which one has the head. I have heard series #... and then titles, but I am not reading them as one. Cheers, you can go back to enlightened wrestling talk now.
Oh the Ludmila figure looks nice, except for the buck teeth.

#25 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:01 AM

TNA series 9 will include the BAF Traci Brooks....I don't know which figure will have the head, but I'll be ordering two of that particular figure.

TNA assortments:

TNA Series 8 (June/July 2007):
[ ] Kurt Angle
[ ] Senshi
[ ] Senshi (variant)
[ ] Eric Young
[ ] Eric Young (variant: Team Canada attire)
[ ] Chase Stevens
[ ] Chase Stevens (variant)
[ ] James Mitchell (chase)

TNA Series 9 (November 2007):
[ ] Brother Ray
[ ] Sting
[ ] Kurt Angle
[ ] Abyss
[ ] Hernandez
[ ] Traci Brooks (Build-A-Figure)

#26 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:02 PM

More line-ups:

ECW #3
Snitsky
Nunzio (1)
Layla (1) - Woohoo!! biggrin.gif
Stevie Richards
Marcus Cor Von
Matt Striker
Tazz

Ruthless Aggression #29 - (Gold Belts 1:500 Promotion)
Batista (2)
Vicki Guerrero (1) - Woohoo!! biggrin.gif
Ken Kennedy (2)
Melina (1)
Matt Hardy (2)
Edge (2)
Shawn Michaels (2)

Classic Superstars #20 (TBD)
The Rock Corporate Champ Attire (2)
Ric Flair 1980's Attire (2)
Rey Mysterio Classic Early Career (2)
Ron Simmons WCW Champ (1)
Tony Atlas (1)
Jeff Hardy (1) Debut Attire
Matt Hardy (1) Debut Attire
Classic Sandman (red, white, blue pants) (1)
JOHN CENA - LJN STYLE CHASER (1)

WWE Adrenaline

#27 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

There is a much more extensive list at wrestlingfigs.com.

#28 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Yeah....I just put in the assortments I was enthused about!! laugh.gif

RA28 back of card image..

New scan for Victoria...Hazzah!!! Plus a taller boot mold for the new Diva body.

Vince McMahon & The Miz look very nice. Shame they are using that hideous Torrie Wilson scan again.

#29 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

the new body type doesnt fit victoria well. i think they should reserve that for the what i call model divas as opposed to the old school wrestling divas

#30 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

I agree it looks odd on Victoria. Plus it will make her as short as people like Candice & Ashley.
They did give her the arms of the original body, so they are more defined.

However the old body's molded clothing doesn't fit many of her current attires....the new mold does. I gather thats why they used it.

#31 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

the da exclusive dx set is available at fye now.i just picked mine up...pretty cool stuff

#32 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

That DA set does look nice.

Wrestlefigs has shown proto's of Adrenaline Series 26 including King Booker (BooKAH), Queen Sharmell, Cryme Tyme & The Highlanders:

Sharmell is definately worth the many years I've spent harassing JAKKS Pacific to make her! biggrin.gif

http://www.wrestling...d...0&page_id=1

#33 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

I was surprised when I saw the full cloth dress. Its a good way to avoid during a full body sculpt and also allows for her to get in the ring and wrestle with King Bookaah! Now that I think about it would a method like tyhis possibly work for a DST Guinan figure or would that be too cheesy?

#34 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

I wouldn't mind them crossing into fabric. It looked a bit cheesy at first in the WWE line...but now that soo many figures feature it, it doesn't seem tacky anymore.

I think it would open a lot of doors to more characters. And would allow more movement overall for someone like Guinan, Judge Q or even lab coat Crusher.

But you may have to ask Slayer what he thinks about that one! biggrin.gif

#35 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

I was also able to pick up the Deluxe Aggression with VKM, Jimmy Yang, Dykstra, Thron and Dreamer. I also just got the ECW series two figs. The Ariel is very nice but the kelly kelly looks aweful in the face. Jakks is having a hard time with the women like Kelly that aweful Torrie and Candace wasnt all that great in likeness terms.

#36 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

I was thinking about it today and I look forward to the DA figures a lot more than the RA ones. If I have the choice |I hold out for the DA version. Theres something about that style that i think looks better. The cruiserweights though dont look right because their too big. Just my thoughts...

#37 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

I very much agree.

DA are much nicer looking figures overall. But since I do not want to start a whole new JAKKS collection, I mainly just buy those who look better in the style & still fit in with my RA display (Batista, Lashley, Masters, Randy). As much as I like the DA Punk & Jimmy, I don't think I would buy them...too tall.

It is a shame they don't make proper bodies for the smaller guys. Shannonon Moore, Hooligans, Funaki...all those little guys look really bad on RA & DA bodies.

Only style to ever give us good looking cruisers were the R3 figures.

#38 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

More Divas for Artistix!!

Unfortunately, Vicki Guerrero was cancelled from RA29, as was Kennedy, & they were replaced with Candice Michelle & Melina...both sporting new molded aspects!!

ECW3 Layla is also spectacular...though it seems they cannot get a good scan of Matt Striker for some reason!!

http://wfigs.proboar...a...6784&page=1

biggrin.gif

#39 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

That Tazz fiure looks absolutley histerical! Jeremy is going to take another beating from Tazz just like the one he received after the ECW PPV Tazz came out. The girls look nice. I just bought a Candace on ebay for $15 but Ill definately pick up another one!

#40 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Tazz does look odd...though I am glad they have made some legs like that. They would work well for the likes of Paul Bearer & others of the same build.

Line-up for Ruthless Aggression 31:

Jillian Hall
Maria
Kevin Thorne
John Morrison
John Cena
Batista
Rick Flair

Finally I get my Jillian!! Though more people are excited about Maria on WF.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users