Mattel Hot Wheels Star Trek Revived

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#41 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

I hope there's a little more detail on it when sold in the states. The nacelles had no color or discernible details.

#42 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

They usually don't change any between international and US release. However, with the vehicles from movie/tv franchises they generally release exclusive versions that have better paintjobs. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the SDCC exclusive this year, which are generally put in dioramas. Or, there will be a Red Line version, which you have to be a member of the club to get.

#43 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ok I'll be the first to say it, that looks awful... Hardly any paint details to it, the neck is all wrong and it's not Die-Cast!!!

The day someone somewhere releases a proper JJ Abrams Enterprise made fully Die-Cast is the day I'll put down money for it but these just look well crap.

I remember Corgi having a license? It's a shame they didn't stick at it as those were really beautiful models, especially the Klingon Bird of Prey and the TOS Enterprise.

#44 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yeah, can't say I have much interest in that. Not sure why they couldn't have hit it with some paint at least!

#45 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

It's a .98 cents hot wheel. What did you guys expect? I'm not going out of my way to find one but if I happen to run across it while I'm out then I will pick one up. But since it's a treasure hunt "car" I doubt I will ever see it.

#46 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

That would be cool, JediG/Lt.B! Hope they do a deluxe edition but hope it's not an expensive convention exclusive.
BTW, is it confirmed that it's a "Treasure Hunt" item? I saw dozens of the last HW Imagination Batmobiles everywhere but never found a Curiosity.

QUOTE (Alteran195 @ Feb 28 2013, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone been able to find that little hot wheels enterprise? I spent some time sunday looking at several different stores for it and couldn't find one.

I don't think they've hit N. America yet. All the auctions I've seen were from Malaysia (where they're made). Probably 4-6 weeks until they hit here. The boat is slow.

QUOTE (1701 @ Mar 3 2013, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I'll be the first to say it, that looks awful... Hardly any paint details to it, the neck is all wrong and it's not Die-Cast!!!.

Yeah, the paint is lacklustre but as JMW said, for a buck it's not too bad at all. I'm in for a buck but I wouldn't pay $18+S/H to get it sooner from a Malaysian seller.
I think that the saucer is zamac metal but the rest is plastic. Shame that the white paint is mis-matched between the metal and plastic parts, and that they didn't paint the bussard collectors.
There is a good diecast version: the QMX from the Amazon blu ray. Mind you, no paint on it at all... and costs a lot more than a buck! wink.gif

#47 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Mar 3 2013, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a .98 cents hot wheel. What did you guys expect? I'm not going out of my way to find one but if I happen to run across it while I'm out then I will pick one up. But since it's a treasure hunt "car" I doubt I will ever see it.

Painted nacelles. I don't need every little detail, just paint on the nacelles. It's fine for what it is, but nothing I'd be too interested in. Cool that it's in the assortment though. Not just Star Trek fans will go for it. Hot Wheels fans will too.

#48 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

As far as it being a Treasure Hunt that's pretty much confirmed by the green stripe down the right side of the package. Different collections have different colors down the side. Green = Treasure Hunt.

#49 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

They're actually mixing it up this year, now Treasure Hunts and New Models aren't being put into their own categories. Although just to be certain, the Treasure Hunts are added on here as they become known. It doesn't look like the Abramsprise is a TH, or at least it hasn't been added yet if it is.

#50 Darth Duranium

Darth Duranium

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Good to know, JG. BTW, anybody have any luck finding the mini HW JJ-prise yet? Nuthin' here yet. For a non-TH vehicle, they sure seem to be gettin' scalped pretty hard on eBay!

Someone was asking about the HW prototypes earlier in the thread: here's another pic of them alongside some JL protos for relative scale. This pic was originally posted by my pal NightCastle, who owns all of 'em. Cheers to him. smile.gif
Hope we see them in the 1/64 line... but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

#51 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

I've been checking for them every time I go to a store now. Nothing so far. Though I don't always reach back and check every single one on every single peg.

I do think they will be in the green-striped "Imagination" series, but that series cannot possibly all be TH because I've seen bajillions of some of the green ones hanging around (mostly the generic made-up cars, but also plenty of the Batman Live batmobile).

I have started to see some of the other items that I thought were maybe "announced" around the same general time as this, but I could be mistaken there... Picked up a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, and yesterday I saw the Angry Birds cars. Several of the pig, only one of the red bird...wonder if either of those is a TH? You wouldn't think so for something so popular right now.

#52 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

My brother actually had the good fortune to find one of the hotwheels Enterprises at our local Walmart. It's actually very cool. Saucer, neck, and secondary hull are die cast metal and the engines and struts are plastic. Overall a very cool little toy and it comes with a tiny stand. I'll snap some pics tomorrow

Regards,

OAD

#53 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

A guy on Playtrek found several and bought them all and offered them up for sale. I bought one from him for what he paid plus shipping. I'll snap some pics of it when it arrives.

#54 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have been looking everywhere I go and looking through every display. Nothing yet. But... The Hot Wheels scalpers out here are nuts. They are at the store when it opens and just drive around hitting them all. I guess they don't have jobs.

#55 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Who needs a job, when you can sell readily available items for ten times more. One big toy run can pay your gas and time

#56 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

You do have a point and I see it a lot. I guess I just like a little more stability. LOL.

I will still keep searching though.
Anyone know when the big Hot Wheels ships will be back out? Or if they will be in retail stores at all?

#57 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Apr 5 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do have a point and I see it a lot. I guess I just like a little more stability. LOL.

I will still keep searching though.
Anyone know when the big Hot Wheels ships will be back out? Or if they will be in retail stores at all?

Im also very curious about this, or if anyone has been able to find a preorder place with the individual ships.

Ill be damned if I miss out on the Kelvin.

The Excelsior also tempts me, but not nearly as much since DST is releasing it soon (hopefully).

#58 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Looks like a new wave will contain BSG's Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider, Ghostbusters Ecto-1, KITT and KARR.

http://www.hotwheels...px?news_id=1553

#59 OneAngryDwrf

OneAngryDwrf

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Greetings All,

As promised, I have some pics to share with you of the hot wheels imagination line U.S.S. Enterprise. I was lucky enough to find one at my local Target this morning. The ship is very cool. The saucer is die cast metal as is the neck and secondary hull. The nacelles and struts are a soft plastic so it ought not break too easily.

The Enterprise measures about 2 1/2 inches long and is a real cutie.

Happy hunting!

Hope you all dig the pics!

Regards,

OAD

#60 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the pics. I hope I can find one. Maybe even a couple for others here too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users