46 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jun 3 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. They recommend using hair styling gel i think!

Also... never really noticed, or thought about it... but looking at your shot I realized that Hot Toys even painted her breasts ohmy.gif

I didn't notice or think about because I don't make it a practice to strip my female figures down, but not only are they painted but, apparently they are individually articulated blink.gif

Individually articulated? Her breasts? Sounds we need some pics to sort this out ohmy.gif

#22 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

As avid collectors, and this seemingly being a first that I can recall, I must agree with VF.

#23 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Here, here! I feel we must see some pics to get an understanding of this! wink.gif

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Well, the best way I can describe it is that that they appear to be more of a soft latex rubber, with plastic inserts!

This allows them to be positioned individually. I'd take some pictures and post them, but I fear that may be inappropriate for the site!

#25 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

I've seen the basic body before and it's not really sculpted with accuracy so I'd say it's ok, but really it's up to the boss

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

Well, it's not a person, but a toy. Sure post them.

#27 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jun 6 2011, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's not a person, but a toy. Sure post them.

Go here, for pics and details on them

#28 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the link!

Yep, here's a pict of me giving her an ... errr... cancer screening??!! not sure if you can see it, but like I said the torso is rubber and each breast has a plastic insert... so they move!

#29 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

talk about fake boobs! Not only do hollywood actresses get breast implants, now their dolls do too(or should i say figures?). Wonder if Barbie dolls will get these eventually. Thanks for the pic Goth, i know it was rough feeling her up like that for the shot you took. laugh.gif

#30 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I don't know if this tread is getting silly or disturbing. laugh.gif

#31 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

ohmy.gif mellow.gif wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif what can one say after seeing that pic?

#32 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Sorry wink.gif I tried to warn everyone! I don't want anyone to be offended so if it bothers someone, just say so and I'll remove the pict.

#33 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:26 AM

If you like that, your gonna love this ebay auction of a 1/6 female action figure

#34 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jun 8 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry wink.gif I tried to warn everyone! I don't want anyone to be offended so if it bothers someone, just say so and I'll remove the pict.

No offense taken just messing with you. I don't think you have to take it down it an action figure and we are all adults here. and it's FUNNY lol..

#35 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Jun 9 2011, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense taken just messing with you. I don't think you have to take it down it an action figure and we are all adults here. and it's FUNNY lol..

Indeed!

And really, what kid buys toys these days, let alone has heard of Star Trek beyond some movie a couple of years ago? wink.gif

#36 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

I.A.G. folks!

Anyhow, back on topic. I'd love to see a Kirk & Spock from HT... and if they sold alright, and I think they would, I think A Picard would do well also.

After that... I'm not sure, of course I'd love to get more, but I think full crews would be out of the question... basically we'd get a select few that would sell really well.

#37 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Seven of Nine perhaps? ;-)

#38 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (eti @ Jun 9 2011, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you like that, your gonna love this ebay auction of a 1/6 female action figure

Dang, that figure looks a lot better than the Hot Toys Black widow figure, much better detailing.

#39 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Im amazed at the way it produced. A completly hidden form of articulation could really take all toys in a new direction. I wonder how widespread this is going to get.

#40 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Does this feature go for the male figures too?

You know all things being equal, is King Leonidas or Iron Man/Tony Stark packing?

-cs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users