• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

I have never paid much attention to Hot Toys offerings before, maybe because they are fairly expensive or maybe because i have'nt seen much from them that i was all that interested in, but my interest peaked a little when i saw the Christopher Reeve Superman figure thats on preorder now from AFX. That figure is completely amazing looking to me! I really wish we could get some TOS figures from Hot Toys, at least a Spock!

#2 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

I thought the same thing ever since their Heath Ledger Joker came out. I never bought one because I'm not that big a Batman fan, but darn is that an awesome figure. I'm severely tempted to get the Indiana Jones figure that's coming out, but I think my fiancee would kill me with all the other expenses we have coming up.

Anyways, to TPTB @ Paramout & Hot Toys... somebody start the conversation and get this done!!!!! I need some pics to drool over! smile.gif

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'll sign the petition with you guys!

I have several Hot Toys collectibles. All are really amazing, but I limit my purchases because of the cost of them.

Here are a couple I do have!

#4 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ May 27 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought the same thing ever since their Heath Ledger Joker came out. I never bought one because I'm not that big a Batman fan, but darn is that an awesome figure. I'm severely tempted to get the Indiana Jones figure that's coming out, but I think my fiancee would kill me with all the other expenses we have coming up.

Anyways, to TPTB @ Paramout & Hot Toys... somebody start the conversation and get this done!!!!! I need some pics to drool over! smile.gif

Just saw the Indiana Jones Hot Toys figure, wow that figure is awesome, and with all of those accessories too. I may have to have that one to go with a few other large Indy figures i already have.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

I just preordered the Reeve Superman. I can't wait to get it. The pics look amazing.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hot Toys really are quite amazing.

Here's a shot of my Black Widow and Iron Man...

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

The Reeves Superman does look fantastic!

I plan to pick up a Bruce Lee as well. I like the look of this one:

Possibly may get Milla as Alice from Resident Evil

Since these are soo expensive, I don't buy many...but I have a small collection:

They also made some mighty cool stuff from Aliens

#8 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

I wonder if they've ever gone after the license... I wouldn't buy them if they did as they're way out of my price range, but it'd be nice to see Star Trek get some quality 12" out there. Those Dragon figures were pretty awful and I can't imagine they're selling too well.

Considering that there really isn't too much complexity to the Starfleet uniforms, I have to wonder if HT would actually toss in alternate uniforms as an accessory on occasion. That'd be pretty useful in some cases.

And they could release a deluxe Guinan with 2-3 alternate costumes. biggrin.gif

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

the HT terminator line is the best line of terminator figures out there. The T-1000 in Sara Connor disguise is really really cool. I love that figure, but I sat on the fence about the line too long and missed out on it :-(

I had been buying the SSC T2 line, and they are "Ok" especially because back in the day they were around $50 ea or so. So I sat the 1st few out, and then when I saw that T-1000 Art has I thouhgt too long about it!

Conversely, I'm all in for a original Terminator line and the T1 T-800 is really great. I'd love to have a T1 Sara Connor and Kyle Reese to round off the set!

#10 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

You really want to undress Guinan!? *Shudder*

tongue.gif

Joking aside, those are some utterly stunning figures. Some of those women look like the actresses in wigs! If only they didn't have such Barbie-ish hair! They look so ALIVE! HOW!?

#11 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Realistically we'd only get top tear Favorites... Kirk, Spock, maybe a Picard and data. Iif it were popular enough perhaps a seven of nine, but I doubt we'd see much more.

I'd love to have the 5 captians!

Destructor, it's all about the paint applications and process that hot toys uses. That's Mott to say they skimp any where, because they dont but the paint applications are incredible!

I realize many people don't like the flocked hair on their figures because it makes them look more barbie like, but i think it looks great when done right.

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Wow...I cant belive how nice that Black Widow figure looks. Her face is a bit creepy at how real it looks. That Reeve Superman is out of this world too! Im not a big fan of 12" figures (thankfully because Id be broke) but even I might have to drop the cash on a great Kirk (mirror variant please!) or a Seven of Nine!

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Here are some neat vids done w/hot toys!

http://youtu.be/GR3ywoc2Cp4

#14 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jun 1 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are some neat vids done w/hot toys!

http://youtu.be/GR3ywoc2Cp4

The guy that makes those videos must be a professional in that field. Those figures look really great, curious though, just how accurate is that Black widows chest? The T1000 thought it looked pretty good!

#15 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

promo pics make it look about right

Screencaps though are slightly less generous

PS Its difficult to tell which are screencaps and which are pics of the hot toys widow on google images...lol

#16 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

I actually envy those guards. tongue.gif

#17 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:21 AM

Yeah... that was one of my fav scenes in IM2!

#18 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

Sarah Connor's hair was easy. Perfect right out of the box.

The curly hair of Black Widow is more difficult to style. I plan to work on mine to try & make the hair look a bit more wild as it did in the movie.

#19 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

Yeah.. I went against saner financial judgement and preordered Superman. I was on the fence with Matty's offering, so now I'm glad I passed! They almost got me with the bank robber Joker awhile back... and finally snagged me with this! And if there's a Keaton Batman like I've been reading rumors about, they'll get another $200 of mine..!

#20 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 3 2011, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sarah Connor's hair was easy. Perfect right out of the box.

The curly hair of Black Widow is more difficult to style. I plan to work on mine to try & make the hair look a bit more wild as it did in the movie.

Yep. They recommend using hair styling gel i think!

Also... never really noticed, or thought about it... but looking at your shot I realized that Hot Toys even painted her breasts ohmy.gif

I didn't notice or think about because I don't make it a practice to strip my female figures down, but not only are they painted but, apparently they are individually articulated blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users