Photo

MattyCollector

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

Adora, battle armor He Man, and re release Beastman.

#42 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Dec 31 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there anyone here that belongs to the MOTU CC that can pick up Princess Andora for me? I'd love to have that figure to go with my She-Ra from a few years ago.

I'd also love one as well. smile.gif

#43 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

I thought adora was available for everyone? Is that not true?

#44 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

No DCU? That's weird, I wonder if they are re-evaluating some things with those exclusives?

#45 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

Anyone can buy it on the 15th, but CC members get it automatically. The only figure not availbale to the general public is Wun-Dar

#46 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jan 5 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No DCU? That's weird, I wonder if they are re-evaluating some things with those exclusives?

Hopefully they might add some, but at the moment there are no DCU figures in the 2010 schedule:
http://www.itsalltru...t/?page_id=2024

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jan 5 2010, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only figure not availbale to the general public is Wun-Dar

And the map of Eternia is exclusive to those who subscribed. Not that everyone would care about the map though I am looking forward to it.

#47 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

It drives me crazy to wait so long for each Ghostbusters figure! I'm not doing the 12" scale (space and money), so one figure every 2-3 months feels like forever!

#48 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

It gives me time to save some money. I hate that they keep doing bonus figures every month for MOTUC. I had to pass on a few now. Feb 15 is going to kill me with Battlecat. Thank God, there isn't a Ghosbuster release for that month!

#49 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:49 PM

Since I decided to break down and start picking up the MOTUC line I have discovered that I love it. Which really inst good because now I have yet another thing to collect. My only complaint is that they are not just doing one figure a month like they said they would. I read in a Q&A that the bonus figures like Battle Armor He Man and Green Goddess were made to fill holes in the release schedule. If something happened to delay a regular release figure then they would offer the bonus figure. That was great in theory but now instead of holding onto them for future emergencies they are releasing them along side of the others. This makes my wallet very sad.

#50 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

The price tag for MotU kept me at bay in the beginning, and much as I love how they look, I just can't do it. The Adora figure is the first one that's tempted me beyond a longing look at them!

#51 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (reverie @ Jan 6 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It drives me crazy to wait so long for each Ghostbusters figure! I'm not doing the 12" scale (space and money), so one figure every 2-3 months feels like forever!

It's pretty crazy that we now have to wait till May for 6" Venkman (I think it's May).

I am going to buy the 12" line. Though I was too poor to order 12" Egon. Hopefully he lasts a little longer on the site.

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Jan 6 2010, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was great in theory but now instead of holding onto them for future emergencies they are releasing them along side of the others. This makes my wallet very sad.

I am just glad I have been buying these from the beginning. People starting now would be buying the monthly figure, the bonus figure & the re-release!!

#52 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jan 5 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty crazy that we now have to wait till May for 6" Venkman (I think it's May).

I am going to buy the 12" line. Though I was too poor to order 12" Egon. Hopefully he lasts a little longer on the site.

I am just glad I have been buying these from the beginning. People starting now would be buying the monthly figure, the bonus figure & the re-release!!

And that is exactly what I am doing now. It gets expensive. But they are great figures.

#53 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Almost time again!!

Thankfully I have my sub in place so I don't have to worry about Adora.

A group on an Aussie forum do a combined order, so I don't have to get up at 3am to buy anything either which is nice.

For this month I am ordering (besides the subs) Battle Armour He-Man, MM DK Harvey Dent, MM DK Survival suit Bruce Wayne.

QUOTE (Artistix @ Sep 25 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#54 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

I just noticed something.. why do some products have "sold out", some have "no longer available" and others have "gone for good" after them? A little strange. huh.gif

#55 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

They do the sold out tag immediately after the sale. After a few weeks they change it to no longer available because that figure MIGHT be reproduced later on. Gone for good means that they probably have no intention of re-releasing it.

#56 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

Everyone ready for the mad dash tomorrow? I predict that Adora will sell out in 20 minutes.

#57 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Someone here offered to grab one for me (great guy by the way!), but I figured I'd see how well I could do on my own. Then I realized I won't be home or at a computer at noon. unsure.gif So I'll have to see how well I can rely upon my wife to get what I want! (speaking of.. wasn't there a link to a website that had all the upcoming release dates somewhere around here..?)

#58 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I think Mattel should have a better idea of what is going on being that the collectors club takes away a large percentage of the unknown buyers. I do see a lot of one time buyers and speculators jumping on this figure though. Hopefully Mattel has upped its numbers to satisfy the need. Im wondering more about Battle Armor He-Man and how quickly it could take him to sell out. I could definately see some people who missed out on the first two offerings of the original version jumping on this one instead of waiting for a third release.

#59 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

I think the fiasco starts tomorrow and I'm frickin' broke until next week rolleyes.gif

#60 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

So has anyone here signed up at the Matty boards as well? Talk about a downer of a board, I don't know if there's one post there that isn't a complaint or a "we want this/wish list" post. I have foggy memories of AA's board, is that how that place was? unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users