Assemble the Judge

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

Quoted from DST's website:

Assemble the Judge!

With the release of Giles and Faith approaching, DST is excited to bring you an update concerning Sunnydale's hairiest musician, England's craziest vampire and Nikki Wood's only son. Scheduled for a Spring 2007 release, the next assortment of Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures will also include a challenge to fans -- Assemble the Judge!

Included with each Oz, Drusilla and Principal Wood action figure, fans will be able to assemble the severed pieces of the demonic villain to create their own Judge action figure! Just like the show, the Judge will be divided into pieces and will only rise to terrorize your collection once all the pieces have been reassembled.

With "Doppelgangland" Oz, "Surprise" Drusilla and the limited "School Hard" Drusilla making up the core assortment along with the Previews Exclusive Principal Wood, the remaining variant figures will be announced once details have been finalized. In scale with past figures, the Judge was sculpted by Rudy Garcia and features full articulation.

Look for more details as the Spring 2007 release date approaches!

Since I know there are some BTVS fans in the forum, I thought I would post this here for those of us that don't check the DST Website everyday biggrin.gif I originally saw this when I was over visiting another site and updating my trade list. I think it's pretty cool to some degree that more and more companies are utilizing the build a figure concept, this especially works nice for this figure, since that's how he was constructed in the show. But I know there's going to be just as many squaking that they don't want someone in the line. Anyway, just thought I would drop some news for everyone interested.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Donster,

I saw this and was going to say something but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I like that more and more people are using the build a figure concept. That gives me an idea... See ya over at the Trek section.

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

This is cool news. I'm not necessarily excited about the Judge, but its cool just the same. I am more excited about Oz and Dru ... they look fantastic! I am totally not excited about Wood (the figure ... don't get confused).

#4 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Nov 14 2006, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is cool news. I'm not necessarily excited about the Judge, but its cool just the same. I am more excited about Oz and Dru ... they look fantastic! I am totally not excited about Wood (the figure ... don't get confused).

You've seen the new Dru figures!!!! ohmy.gif

WHERE....YOU HAVE TO TELL ME!!!

"Spoik!" laugh.gif

Never mind...went over to BTVSfigs...

They do look nice....very nice. Dru is exceptional. It is also nice to have our first African American in the line. Now I just need my Gunn...who I believe is up next in Angel sets.

#5 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

The build-a-something concept seems to be catching on at DST. Hopefully we'll get something to build with future Trek lines. Starting with, let's say, DS9?

#6 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Nov 14 2006, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starting with, let's say, DS9?

biggrin.gif

I would go in for Bridge sets...thats for sure.

Though even thats of a much larger scale than a build-a-figure.

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Nov 14 2006, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif
I would go in for Bridge sets...thats for sure.

Though even thats of a much larger scale than a build-a-figure.

I wouldnt mind a bit having build a bridge sets or other playsets, but i would rather have carded figures than Build a figure.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:54 AM

Well, I am an opener so I love the BAF's.

#9 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

I am an opener who buys atleast one of everything....so it would be fiiiiine with me.

BAF's...Bridge peices...it would all be super sweet I say. smile.gif

I believe even Playmates gave into this temptation once, with the Classic movie series, including the V'Ger probe as the build-an-accessory...that was pretty cool.

I gather it is sorta what they were attempting with those DS9 6" console figures. Though I have no idea if those pieces were ever going to connect to anything. The 6" line never took off, in fact I think some said it was the ultimate undoing for Playmates Trek (right after 1701). Anyway, thats beside the point!
I get sidetracked too easily! biggrin.gif

#10 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

The DSN bridge sets were probably going to connect at some point, and sadly the line died before the prototyped TOS figures were made (or was it after? It is possible that the TOS were going to get made, cancelled and then were replaced with DSN)
At any rate, the TOS figures were not made and can be found on Rick's website.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

Yes, I try not to visit Rick's 'unreleased' section too often! sad.gif laugh.gif

We have started receiving the latest Sideshow Angel piece...that being Cordelia.

Here is a pic from Odoat of BTVSfigs:

I have to say she is quite nice looking. If you look back at some of the past atrocities (Willow, Faith) then you can see how much the company seems to be improving.

Now lets just get some Trek in Sideshow! biggrin.gif

#12 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

Some more pictures from the Judge wave:

The Drusilla is awesome....can't wait to receive her...I'll buy each version.

A shirtless Oz....continuing the severly injured shirtless male collection in Buffy/Angel!
Not exactly the shirtless figures most fans were hoping for (as you can imagine!) biggrin.gif

The Judge is spectacular....& great to see in general.

#13 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

Oh dear....Slayer, did you see the shots of Faith?

Is it just me or does that look terrible in comparison to the early prototypes??

#14 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:33 AM

You know, I;m usually a positive joe when it comes to DST's figures. But for some reason with the Buffy line, I always have to pick these up in person to make sure I get the right paint application. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up The Wish Cordy when I had a chance, because that one can be a little tricky. Hopefully Faith will look alot better than that particular prototype Sam, as it's different than the one I saw in San Diego. I know, I know, I keep saying that, lol. But it's true and it's always unfortunate in any line when the prototpes look better than the final figures. But I'll most likely get these strictly because of the Judge, although Dru is tempting.

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 26 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully Faith will look alot better than that particular prototype Sam.

I have my fingers & toe's crossed! biggrin.gif

I may have to stick with the MAC Faith. It is much better than the Deluxe versions, & for now, this new wave.

#16 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

I am really disappointed in these new pics. I am steadily losing interest in this line ... wave by wave. I would love to be a fly on the wall when a prototype like that gets to the approval desk and they say "Well the fans will buy her anyway ... proceed with production" and then fly over and bite the person speaking. If these don't show up at my door looking better, I might convince myself to stop collecting the line. sad.gif I am going to stop paying toy companies money for not putting in the effort it takes to make good products.

#17 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:54 PM

The sculpts on the Buffy line have always been lacking IMHO and I decided to stop buying them unless I find very good deals on them like during a sale or clearance. I didn't even buy the Cordelia figures despite the fact that had been waiting for her character to be made since DST's line began. The same with Faith, I didn't even bother preordering them and probably won't get them when they come out. And, with Trek, Stargate, and now BSG getting the action figure treatment, it leaves very little room for much else in my budget anyway.

The sculpts on the Serenity figures were pretty bad as well. Why is DST treating the Whedonverse so badly? Why?????!!!! wink.gif

I wish they would hire AA to do either Firefly/Serenity or Buffy/Angel or both. That would be ideal. Jean St. Jean Studios, the people who do the SG figures, would be good as well. Certainly anyone can do better than....who does the Buffy figs again?

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Jan 26 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....who does the Buffy figs again?

I think its Gentle Giant. I am not so sure its sculpt as its paints apps. Chosen Faith looked good and now we get this pasty, albino looking piece of junk (no insult to our albino friends out there). I know there are some issues with sculpt, but I liked her at first.

#19 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

That's right. Gentle Giant. I've never been a big fan of Gentle Giant's work in general. So it's no surprise I haven't been pleased with the Buffy figures.

#20 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

Cinequest & Actionfigureexpress have said the Judge wave is cancelled due to low sales.

sad.gif

http://www.cinequest...=...5L401&c=205

I gather, atleast I hope, DST will release them at some later point when they have a better option for getting them out to us.

Wait, wait.....here we go:

Heads up from TST/BCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the e-mail response I recevied from them regarding the Line's cancellation.

"All that has been cancelled is the particular assortment of Dru/Oz figures, not the wave itself. ie., the case that contains 4 Oz, 3 Dru and 1 chase Dru has been cancelled along with the Wood Previews exclusive stand-alone figure case. DST is rethinking the assts to get all of figures out that will allow for all the build-a-judge pieces to be available. So, we are not pulling our presells, as we will still have these figures in some form. We are not selling cases, however, as we do not know what the cases will eventually contain."

so, I think we can all rest assured for certain. I look forward to the news at Toyfair!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users