188 replies to this topic

#41 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Apr 5 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just noticed some updated pics at Entertainment Earth. The stands are different but the detail doesn't look as good anymore! Come on Mattel don't dissapoint us here!

http://www.entertain...?number=MTP8514

I'm definitely going to take a wait and see tactic with these. With all the stuff coming out its definitely going to be a pick and chose situation for me.

#42 Miles

Miles

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (egoing @ Apr 5 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the stands much better. The ships are not 100% die-cast in case anyone was wondering.

Here are the spec sheets.

http://www.hotwheels...tline/StarTrek/

One seller on eBay lists the 1701-Refit as being 6" in length, and the Reliant as being 5 1/4" in length. It would appear that the two are in scale to each other (unlike the JL versions). Those measurements are slightly larger (but not by much) than the Konami-made ships that came out around a year ago. For comparison, the Konami 1701-Refit was 5 1/2" long. I don't know what the dimensions of the Bird-of-Prey will be, but I'm guessing it will be made to "fit the box" and thus not be in scale to the Refit, at least not if we're talking about the BoP from STIII.

Another seller gives dimensions of 8" by 4.5" by 4.5" for all of his HW Trek listings, regardless of vessel. I'm guessing those are the box dimensions. If that's correct, the box for these would be about the size of a 1:24 scale car.

#43 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

I'll have to see these in person as well before buying.

It would be really nice if they branched into uncharted territory with some uber-cool ships, like the E-C, E-E, Breen Ship, Jem H'adar fighter, Jem Hadar capital ship, Defiant, USS Prometheus and the timeship Relativity! Woohoo!!

djparty.gif

#44 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

I like the sizes of these ships and i may get these. The Johnny Lightning ships were just so small it was hard for me to like them and so after i bought the TOS 1701 and the Galileo Shuttlecraft, i lost interest in the JL line. I am interested in seeing these in person.

#45 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

I find it interesting they have the K-BoP listed in the first wave, but there is also a separate listing in some places for a HMS Bounty. Here's hoping it'll be similar to the Micro-Machines version where the HMS Bounty was different in that it had pivoting wings. That would definitely heighten my interest in the line, for now I'm waiting to see them in person to decide if I want to pick up the line, cause as of right now it's just been more of the same.

#46 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:25 AM

I don't think the Bounty will be different from the regular BoP other than the paint job. It's like the BD versions in the line, just an excuse to reuse the mold. The Saratoga from this line will be the same. It iwill be the Saratoga from ST4, just a repaint of the Reliant, and not the Saratoga from DS9 with a different sculpt.

#47 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

Just found out about these yesterday. The pics on BBTS make them look very nice, but EE's pics make em look crappy!! I really want the Ent from the new movie and i bought the playmates ship, but I'd love to return it and get 2 ships for the same price. Especially if they're die cast (are they die cast?). Hmm...these need to show up in stores...like...now.

#48 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I saw these last night at Wal-Mart mixed with the Playmates Trek stuff. They only had the 1701D, TMP 1701 and the Reliant. No new Movie 1701 or Klingon BOP. They were $11.97 each and pretty cool but I think I might pass on these.

#49 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (trekhunter1701 @ Apr 22 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw these last night at Wal-Mart mixed with the Playmates Trek stuff. They only had the 1701D, TMP 1701 and the Reliant. No new Movie 1701 or Klingon BOP. They were $11.97 each and pretty cool but I think I might pass on these.

Sweet!! Heading out at lunch to try and find them. Gotta find the new movie one tho!!

#50 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

Can you give an idea of how big these are? I'm confused. I'm assuming for the price they'd be larger than a Hot Wheel.

#51 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 22 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you give an idea of how big these are? I'm confused. I'm assuming for the price they'd be larger than a Hot Wheel.

They're about 6"-7" in length and about 3" tall without the stand.

#52 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (trekhunter1701 @ Apr 22 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're about 6"-7" in length and about 3" tall without the stand.

Thanks! That sounds pretty good. I might have to check these out.

#53 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Saw these beside the PM figures, btw still no role play, I picked up the 1701A. Interesting it says NCC-1701-A on the packaging but the ship is just 1701.

-cs™

#54 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

Where did you see these at? Wal mart? Toys r us? I've been trying to find them.

#55 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Wal-Mart

-cs

#56 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ Apr 22 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw these beside the PM figures, btw still no role play, I picked up the 1701A. Interesting it says NCC-1701-A on the packaging but the ship is just 1701.

-cs

#57 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Smitty @ Apr 22 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-cs

#58 Smitty

Smitty

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

@joemolis Haven't open mine yet either.

@anti-hero The movie version ST:TMP through STIII:TSFS

-cs

#59 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (QuePaso? @ Apr 17 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have to see these in person as well before buying.

It would be really nice if they branched into uncharted territory with some uber-cool ships, like the E-C, E-E, Breen Ship, Jem H'adar fighter, Jem Hadar capital ship, Defiant, USS Prometheus and the timeship Relativity! Woohoo!!

djparty.gif

You're crazy, only TOS stuff sells! wink.gif Seriously, I would love the ships you listed. Will these fit in the the Furuta ships from a few years ago? I don't remember how big those where.

#60 Miles

Miles

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Apr 23 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're crazy, only TOS stuff sells! wink.gif Seriously, I would love the ships you listed. Will these fit in the the Furuta ships from a few years ago? I don't remember how big those where.

The HW line is considerably larger than any of the prior "Japanese candy toy" or JL series that came before it.

The Furuta series each measured about 4" in length. The Enterprise [refit] and the Reliant were not in scale to each other.
The Romando series varied greatly in size. They attempted to maintain a consistent internal scale to each other (sometimes coming in both a display scale and a cross-line scale on the same stand). The "cross-line scale" had some ships in the Micromachine size (2") range - the K't'inga comes to mind here.
The Johnny Lightning series also measured about 4" in length. The Enterprise [refit] and the Reliant were not in scale to each other. Both were virtually identical in size to their Furuta counterparts.
The F-Toys series is about the same size as the Furuta/JL lines - in the 4" range. There is no Reliant in this series.
The Konami series is considerably larger, with ships being around 5" in length. The Enterprise [refit] and the Reliant are in scale to each other. The Reliant in this series is approximately the same size as the JL and Furuta versions.

I haven't got my hands on the Hot Wheels ships yet, but from pictures and auction listings they are about 6" in length. From what I can tell, The Enterprise [refit] and the Reliant are in scale to each other, but the 1701-D and the upcoming Bird of Prey will not be in scale with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users