• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

That is the case with all the ships. I believe Mattel said the package was printed wrong for a while.

#182 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Some pics from SDCC. New Movie Enterprise, In Box shot of the Enterprise and prototype Narada. There are also some pics on the site of a battle damaged Refit and BOP.

#183 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Oddly the battle-damaged Enterprise shown at Comic-Con actually had the -A added, I'm surprised they're not doing a TWOK battle-damaged version first.

So, was the exclusive being-constructed Enterprise actually sold at the con? I didn't see any mention of people picking it up, and I didn't see it in any displays.

#184 ryanlb

ryanlb

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I asked my cousin to grab it for me, but he only called me once during the con, and didn't say he had seen it, so I don't know.

#185 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

The Narada protoype looks impressive , but it looks rather large and akward on stand that size . Notice that they had to add an additional piece to get it to stand up without tipping over . I wonder if they did that just for the display or if they'll include something similar with the final product?

#186 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

I doubt that extra bit will come with the toy. It's glued onto the bottom of the shelf. It's probably just to insure the Narada stayed up. The proto was probably made using a Rapid Prototype Machine and from my experience of the plastic that comes out of that it's quite brittle. They probably just propped it up so it didn't fall over and break. As such, it probably couldn't be inserted into the stand properly either like the final toy.

#187 BlueArrow

BlueArrow

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Did Mattel give a release date for the new Enterprise while at Comic Con? Several vendors still have it listed as a preorder.

#188 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

I guess the construction Enterprise was indeed available at the con, a friend of mine mentioned picking one up for me. Strange that it's not getting more attention.

#189 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

Anyone know how much of the new Enterprise is metal? It looks like the front halves of the nacelles might be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users