265 replies to this topic

#41 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Aug 11 2008, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What other characters are you guys looking forward to see?

The all new characters pictured. Captain Adora, Queen Marlena, He-Ro.

We are supposed to be seeing 2 all new characters in 2009, so I'd say they will be 2 of those I listed above.

But aside from them there is no-one I am not interested in seeing! The Horder definalety, we need more POP figures. Would love to see Catra, Shadow Weaver, Bowe, Angella, Madam Razz with Broom....Kowl. Whoever.

QUOTE(skeletor @ Aug 20 2008, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you hear that the Man at arms is coming with two heads? one w/ moustache and one w/o smile.gif
This line is going to be great, I heard something on the he-man chat board that skeletor may also come with two heads as well.

That is very, very cool news! Thanks skeletor.

My King Greyskull is on his way along with the rest of my SDCC stuff. Looking forward to it.

#42 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Aug 19 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you hear that the Man at arms is coming with two heads? one w/ moustache and one w/o smile.gif
This line is going to be great, I heard something on the he-man chat board that skeletor may also come with two heads as well.

Can't wait to see tri klops and trap jaw

Cool to heads is awesome Man at Arms. I am kind of disapointed after seeing the picture of Skeletor in Toyfare. I dont like that they gave him the 3 toed feet. I wold much rather him have the regular boots.

#43 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

Interesting read about the direction for this line:

http://www.he-man.or...d=1#post1975912

#44 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:07 AM

FINALLY, "We can't tell you the exact cost, but I'll put it to you this way. You could buy a new car before you could afford the tooling on one figure." I dont need an exact number but this puts me in the ballpark of what i always wanted to know!

Ive always liked the 200x line, but Im sure its run its course. I would probably buy things from that style but its not high on my priority list.

#45 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Received my SDCC exclusives. Greyskull is really cool. And I LOVE the packaging turning into such an elaborate display piece.

Re-visiting 200x designs isn't high on my list either...but I'd be more than happy if they did so.

#46 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hey gang, I finally got around to opening up the 2 King Greyskulls I picked up at SDCC and you can imagine my surprise. I actually received both the bronze and regular figure biggrin.gif My Mrs. being the optimist she is, felt that I had both and she was right. In the 3 years we've been doing this, this is the first time this happened with a variant figure. Most of the time I would get the most common figure a few times. I don't know if it was buying them on seperate days or what?

I just hope this kind of luck continues in the future. Back on point, does anyone know when Mattel is going to be opening up preorders for their new line? I'm also hoping that Mattel lets the 4H do some of the newer MOTU again. I didn't watch the cartoon, but I did like the figures. Since Mattel owns MOTU like Hasbro owns GI Joe, it will be interesting the decisions they make this go around. Now did I hear right that HeMan.org will be selling an exclusive too? As far as Skeletor, I don't know? I liked the 2002 version myself biggrin.gif

#47 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Don you are a lucky guy! I just dropped $85 for one on ebay! I believe 4H are doing all the new scuplts for this line but are sticking to recreated the 80s line look. I dont think we are going to get many updates or more stylized versions for some time. I pretty much loved all the 200x releases including the awesome staction line (mostly because of the scale of the figures!). I havent heard about the exclusive but Im sure that they would want to do one!

#48 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

Just finished a article in Toyfare and 4H said they'd like to do the 200X line, along with the classics, but it all depends on fans reaction to the line. If they could do both, I'd be very supportive myself biggrin.gif

#49 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

One of the things i liked about the 200x line was how angular many of the body parts were. This new line is going back to the smooth curved lines. Because of part reuse, the 200x style might be able to be done but not done like it was the first time. Id probably still buy them but i would see it as an updated charcater rather than an extension of 200x.

#50 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

I've heard alot of fans say they were dissapointed about skeletors 3 toes instead of regular boots, I've always loved him with 3 toes instead of the regular feet. It made him more cool lol
Anyone else like the 3 toes?

I can't wait to see a good sorceress figure made corectly!

#51 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:56 AM

The more I see this line, the less enthused I become. I just saw the Skeletor pics from Toyfare and Im not all that excited. When the 200x line came out the designs were dynamic and updated for the modern times. These new scuplts are just rehashing what the old 80s line did with very little update at all besides the obvious new trends in articulation and scuplting. The skeletor itself isnt as good as the 200x line IMO. Im indifferent about the feet but what is up with the arm ridges? For as much as I liked the beast man and mer-man figures, I dislike this figure just as much. I like the retro feel to a point, but I feel like its beginning to impede the development of this line. The 25th anniversary GI Joe line started out along the same lines, but has since evolved to include new characters and new designs. I hope the same happens here but a little more quickly because of the online/limited nature of the series.

#52 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Aug 27 2008, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard alot of fans say they were dissapointed about skeletors 3 toes instead of regular boots, I've always loved him with 3 toes instead of the regular feet. It made him more cool lol
Anyone else like the 3 toes?

I can't wait to see a good sorceress figure made corectly!

I am disapointed with the 3 toes very much. I never liked the look when I was a kid and dont care for it now. I realy hope they do a regular foot version in the future. I am with Thehsbr on this one. The more I see the more I think I can pas on most of them. I wish they would have updated the looks a little more. He Man looks good but the rest are kind of like getting re hashes of the old stuff with more articulation. I am hoping that they update them a little more down the road.

#53 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

It's definitely a line that has fans divided from what I can see. I was never a fan growing up with these, but love the 200X lines. I'd love to see more of that being explored or the 4H's version of the MOTU line. Let's face it, this is a collectors line at this point, since you can only buy them online. I just hope that I can get the figures I want without fear of them selling out immediately. When it comes to Skeletor, I like the newer version alot better than the original one and will most likely pass on this one.

#54 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(TheHSBR @ Sep 2 2008, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I see this line, the less enthused I become. I just saw the Skeletor pics from Toyfare and Im not all that excited.

Is this the pic?

I don't think he looks too bad, but I agree updates would have been nice. It seems just from looking at the compariosn pics above that they are altering some things....just not others.

#55 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:05 PM

thats it. i especially dont like those arm ridges and the head.

#56 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

The head I dont mind but the arm ridges and feet have got to go.

#57 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

Finally Skeletor has a wicked looking skull smile.gif
These are finally being made the way they should have been in 2002!

I couldn't ask for a better skeletor!

#58 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'm ok with the fins myself. I mean, they're not stylized THAT great, but they were part of the original figure. That's one good thing that the guys say they're getting back to: the interchangable/reusable molds that made the original MOTU line so economical. There were three basic lines: human, beast, and "alien"...Skeletor was alien and thus he had the ridges.

But I'm with Sammy. I would LOVE to see an accurate Captain Adora and finally a Queen Marlena

#59 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:38 PM

Its nice that Mattel will make money but at $20 a pop it will be the most expensive line of figures I collect. The question I think we all have to ask is does the figure we get justify the $20?

#60 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

From Mattel:

MOTU Collectors,

I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users