New MOTU line

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Im actually really surpirsed that MOTUC is having issues getting a minimum subscription. I never thought that it would be the fans who kill this line. Has Mattel had issues? Sure...but really most of the stuff is so nitpicky its disgusting. This is one of the collest action figure lines available and it doesnt look good for the future at this point.

#262 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Totally agree with you HSBR. People are focusing soo heavily on the negatives of the line it seems they aren't enjoying what we have.

If, at the end of the day, people can't look at their MOTUC collections with awe than something is wrong...& not with Mattel.

A group shot I took a few months ago:

And my latest arrivals:

Plus Vykron

Subscriptions falling off isn't too surprising I guess. More & more items were added to the sub making it harder for people to afford, not to mention the bigger names are now gone & many people may not be interested in all the secondary & obscure chararcters. I myself have subbed since the beginning & will till the end. No name is too obscure for me!

Even if MOTUC as a sub line does die, ToyGuru said they will still be releasing several figures a year on Mattycollector.

A lot of beautiful toys shown at SDCC

Granamyr

Ram Man

Netossa

King He-Man

#263 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Procrustus

Filmation Randor

Strobo

Frosta

Rattlor

#264 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Jitsu

Fang Man - moveable jaw & tongue

Dekker

Castle Grayskullman - Fan design winner

Mosquitor

Cy-Chop - 30th Anniversary design

Fighting Foe Men - Dittstoryer, Shield Maiden Sherrlyn, Dawg-o-Tor

Subternia Map

#265 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

He has since stated that if subs do fall we could be looking at $30 to $35 a figure. Add in the extra 8-10 for shipping and $45 for one figure may be too much for even me to bear. Im really hoping that it doesnt come to that though. I read through the forums at the org at it just disheartens me to see people complain so much. These will also be the same who in 5 years if things fall apart be complaining once again theres no masters.

I also dont like how ToyGuru is essentially calling an audible and saying that he will cram all the top level figures into the 2014 sub to get them out instead of following the "roadmap" set forth thats has that being accomplished by 2016.

#266 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

As a PoP fan I am all up for 2014 being bigger names. We still don't even have Glimmer! Don't like my chances at ever getting Madam Razz.

And while I'm not familiar with New Adventures, the figures made from the line so far are pretty cool.

In terms of MOTU itself, most of the bigger names are gone....so I guess we'll get some of the remaining Snake Men. Clamp Champ is needed, but I'm betting he'll be late 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users