Voyager Line-up Ideas

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

I would love to see an Equinox SDCC exclusives or something like that. That two part episode is still probably my favorite of all the Trek series.

#22 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Jul 8 2008, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to see an Equinox SDCC exclusives or something like that. That two part episode is still probably my favorite of all the Trek series.

Agreed. That is one of my all time favorite Trek two parters too.

#23 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(reverie @ Jul 8 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a junkie- make them all and I'll buy them all! biggrin.gif

same here,
But looking at odo and worf I really think DST could make a great B'ellanna and Neelix!

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

For as much as I complain about DST, I still have faith that Voyager will get made. They said we wouldnt get MP figs and a month later they are in production. How long did they keep quiet on TWOK figs? On top of all that a while ago people didnt think we'd get DS9 stuff either. I will keep the faith that as long as DST holds the license that we will eventually get the whole bridge crew one way or the other.

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

I agree with you theHsbr.

Thing is no one wants the license right now anyway, so DST is really taking on some risk, and I would love them to be rewarded if the license becomes popular again!

I'm concerned (from one of the last DST Q&A's) that we won't see the rest of the DS9 core cast, that being Jake and Quark... But I'm keeping faith that DST is looking for a way to work them in some how! Just like they will try and figure a way to make a Bajorian Kira.

If they don't, well, I'm not going to get bent out of shape, I'll just try and figure out a way to complete the set on my own! Much the same way I finished the ENT Away Team... and how I'll get my ENT Duty Crew (Phlox and Hoshi) done someday... If I have to I'll make a Chapel... and so on...

I just put the whole TWOK line together, and boy It sure looks great! Would I like a few more (Dr's Marcus!)? You bet, but I'll be content with what DST has done thus far and if they can figure out how to cost out more, I'll be on board!

#26 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

I agree that DST has thrown us off before and may be doing so again. I know at one time they said no to TWOK and TMP but then the next couple of cons there they were. I am hoping it happens with Voyager too. I doubt we will ever see every character that has been on the show but hope to see a good many. I wll jump on the "hope wagon" with you guys and wait it out for now.

#27 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I liked Voyager, and I'm also a completest, so if the whole main crew/cast isn't made, then my collection won't be complete and I'll be very unhappy. spock2.gif

#28 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

Well, I am staying hopeful as well. DST has surprised us before. I am in the "complete crew or I'll be unhappy" category too. AA not completing Enterprise left a sour taste in many mouths. You'd think DST would learn a lesson from them.

#29 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

My considering any line a 'failure' is somewhat like others here.

If they only released Janeway, Seven & the Doctor...I could live. They are the Kirk/Spock/McCoy of the series.

If they released Janeway, Seven, Doctor, Tuvok, Chacotay, B'Elanna & Tom...excluding just one main character with Kim (or whoever), I would consider it a failure. (I'm not including Neelix & Kes as I know it's unlikely DST would look sideways at them).

I didn't consider AA's Enterprise a complete failure as I do have very nice figures of both Hoshi & Phlox standing with the rest off the crew.

I consider it a failure if only 1 or 2 easily created characters are ignored.

Like the 9" Playmates Insurrection line which excluded my beloved Bev. Burn in hell Playmates. biggrin.gif

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:11 AM

I find it interesting how few people care about getting a Neelix! DST likes to do final season Cast sets it seems, so I can reason why we don't get Yar, Pulaski, and Kess...

But Neelix was there al 7 seasons. Sure he wasn't really a member of star fleet or the bridge crew, but do people really dislike the character that much?

I was really quite surprised actually that we even got a Jadzia Dax DS9 figure! I really expected DST to just do the final season Ezri and call it done!

I also see a comparison with DS9 Odo and characters like Neelix. Although Odo is a much more interesting and developed character and DST really shined on that figure!

Still, keeping things back on topic, almost any idea that DST think will help sales (short of having to buy and entire case of each character) would be welcome by me if it helps get Voyager figures!

#31 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

I hear what your saying Goth and tend to agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Neelix, but I'm in the minority, I liked the character. Another thing to keep in mind is, will we see a Quark in the DS9 line? Not to stray to far off topic, but DST does haunt the halls of many forums and does take things serious when trying to get a line on what fans want. Back on topic, I think as long as DST doesn't go nuts, like they've done with the DS9 line, they should be ok with just the main characters of Voyager.

#32 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

Don't ever think I am dissing Neelix! I like him as well. And Kes.

But, we have some simple facst to guide us with the latest DST releases:

*If they need a new mold that cannot be used again, it is unlikley we will see them.
*If they are not TOS, DST doesn't really care anyway...it's not making them any money.

In my eyes that rules out Chapel, Guinan, Neelix, Kes, Jake & maybe (if DST are really evil) Quark as well.

Once again, these are things I try to convince myself of, so I am not too upset if that is the way things turn out.

#33 Xon

Xon

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

I liked Neelix too! I think his character added a great deal of drama to most of the episodes that featured a storyline with him. I think, although he wasn't Starfleet, he was accepted as a member of the crew and given a great deal of responsibility. We should have a Neelix and Kes in our Voyager crew! Just because a character wasn't Starfleet doesn't mean they weren't pivotal to the show. Just because DST can't re-use a body, because they were never shown in a Starfleet uniform, doesn't mean they should never consider making the figure(s). Limited numbers at a higher cost, to complete all of the shows casts is an idea I have no problem with.

#34 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

I want the whole main cast damn it! LoL

#35 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

If absolutely worst came to worst and DST had no intention of making neelix in his standard garb, i would accept a neelix in starflet uniform just to get him even though it is highly absurd. Kes I would like but I could do without. I never liked her character.

#36 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Jul 10 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If absolutely worst came to worst and DST had no intention of making neelix in his standard garb, i would accept a neelix in starflet uniform just to get him even though it is highly absurd. Kes I would like but I could do without. I never liked her character.

I think thats a great idea He was a tactivcal office in year of hell, so if they make the headscuplt we can just buy an extra to make our own neelix uniform!
(planning to do the same with the kira figur)

#37 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

I actually think that's a great idea for defraying costs. Get the head sculpt paid for, then maybe, hopefully pay for the body sculpt later.

I'm hoping they do this with Kira.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

I know I brought it up before in another thread I think. But if they make a Quark for DS9. They can reuse most of the parts for Neelix because they dressed very similar. I know it wouldnt be exact but it would be a way to get him.

#39 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

And that's a great idea... what they can do is figure out which one to do first, then you can always modify the molds by cutting out more, which is cheaper than making new molds... of course that means you can't make any more of the old toy... but it does help to spread out tooling cost, and you still get relatively accurate figures that are different!

#40 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

I'm fine with re-use provided it doesn't look terrible.

I think you could make a good Neelix out of Quark....same goes for Rom & maybe Brunt & Zek....not that I think we would see them, but you know what I'm saying.

Jeri Ryan was not that tall....& Kes did wear some catsuits with heels towards the end, so perhaps we may have a chance at Kes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users