#41 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(DM79 @ Nov 3 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
513 & 1377

Btw, I didn't use boil & pop to try and take off Data's regular arm (sounds too scary to attempt for me) and the joint peice broke in half. Any ideas how to get it out now so I can put in the other arm?

Data's arm joint broke?! That stinks, particularly given that he's supposed to come apart.

...It's also ironic that he's so hard to take apart, given the reports we've seen here of regular (not-designed-to-come-apart) figures dropping limbs!

#42 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Nov 3 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did the exact same thing, but mine was due to the fact that I didn't have the plastic hot enough during B&P. To fix it, I boiled the joint again and used a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the peg out. I had to get the plastic pretty pliable though. Once I figured out that the plastic could get pretty soft without damaging the paint, it was simple to swap in the other peg and then swap the arms.

Pliers are a godsend with this type of thing. Slayer is right on!

I'm telling ya... as a guy who is not very "mechnically inclined", who needed his father to assemble his Lego ships... I was able to Boil & Pop effortlessly. So if I can do it, anyone can.

#43 Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

27 & 380

#44 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:44 AM

It would be cool to find and exchange figures, in order to get matched sets. tongue.gif

#45 DM79

DM79

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Nighthawk @ Nov 3 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who are scared to use "boil and pop" method, it's NOT scary. Unfortunately, because you didn't do that method and it broke, you literally just have to go in and dig it out with and exacto knife or something. Good luck with it. One thing you can do is boil that part where the stump is and then use a pin and try to pull it out or if you have tweezers small enough, that might work too. If you soften the plastic, you might have better luck pulling it out.

I did it! I overcame my fear and dumped him in boiling water, and I then proceeded to dig out the broken shoulder joint with an exacto knife. Then I got all boil & pop happy and started swaping FC Data's and Lore's hands for S7 & COC Data's fists. Good times!
Thx for the encouragement! You now have a new B&P convert!

#46 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

hello all...
I think I have 2, 5 and another single digit one....1700 too, I believe...
rick

#47 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:56 AM

I got mine from Rick yesturday. Number 1690.

#48 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Nov 16 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got mine from Rick yesturday. Number 1690.

I've got number 1156 - he'll probably remain imprisoned in his see-through chamber of cardboard and plastic.

#49 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(flw @ Dec 12 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got number 1156 - he'll probably remain imprisoned in his see-through chamber of cardboard and plastic.

So, flw, you are one of them. wink.gif

#50 Kertrats

Kertrats

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

#632.

Edmonton Coin and Stamp in the West Edmonton Mall here in Alberta also had #635, but I only bought the one.

#51 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:30 AM

Welcome Kertrats. It is awesome that you found a Data to share with us. biggrin.gif

#52 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Dec 12 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes indeed - I have a basement chamber full of hostages!! Bwaahahahahahaha!!! roflmao.gif

#53 bryan316

bryan316

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:18 AM

I opened #654 that I grabbed on eBay. I just need to track down a Geordi and the Nem. Beverly.

#54 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Dec 12 2007, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE(flw @ Dec 12 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH one of THEM!! FLW you are not alone!!! Of course this photo was shot in Nov of 2006. I have a second wall now that looks much the same.

#55 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

I ordered an FC Data last night. Should be here in a few days.

The Aussie toy site was having a sale...I also picked up all Worf's (minus S7 which I have), AGT Picard, AGT Riker, Locutus, FC Picard, TWOK wave 1 & Odo. Unfortunately you could only get Ezri in the set....& I don't need another Sisko & Jadzia.

#56 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

Received the order mentioned above.

My Data was number 714 (or 715?)

Against my better judgement, I decided to try the Borg arm...the little ball joint snapped in half. I tried using plyers (sp) but it wasn't coming out. I changed the head...it worked fine.

At the moment Data's arm is held on with blu-tac. I thought I might cut the ball joint off the Borg arm & glue it there also using the Borgified head, then I can buy a new FC Data to use as the normal version...& I won't be touching his damn arm! biggrin.gif

Can International folk send things back to DST?

Anyway overall I am happy with him, along with FC Picard & Nem Worf who I received. Though I still feel Data's head is the weakest of the bunch (possibly more uninspiring than Zombie Bev!).

#57 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Feb 4 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Against my better judgement, I decided to try the Borg arm...the little ball joint snapped in half. I tried using plyers (sp) but it wasn't coming out. I changed the head...it worked fine.

At the moment Data's arm is held on with blu-tac. I thought I might cut the ball joint off the Borg arm & glue it there also using the Borgified head, then I can buy a new FC Data to use as the normal version...& I won't be touching his damn arm!  biggrin.gif

Can International folk send things back to DST?

Anyway overall I am happy with him, along with FC Picard & Nem Worf who I received. Though I still feel Data's head is the weakest of the bunch (possibly more uninspiring than Zombie Bev!).

Just put Data in some near boiling water for about a minute to soften him up, pull out the ball stuck in him and use the one on the other arm while he is still soft to get which ever Data you are looking to display. It's pretty easy and safe.

#58 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:18 AM

Whilst using the plyers the straight connector bit completely snapped off. There is nothing more than the ball itself in the socket, there is nothing to grab onto.

I thought about pulling him apart...but it doesn't look like he'd go back together nicely!

#59 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

I would be wary of returing to DST, i once got charged $50 on the door tax for my 'free' replacement Nemesis Geordi dry.gif

#60 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Feb 4 2008, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whilst using the plyers the straight connector bit completely snapped off. There is nothing more than the ball itself in the socket, there is nothing to grab onto.

I thought about pulling him apart...but it doesn't look like he'd go back together nicely!

While he is still soft from the hot water, get a small flat head screwdriver, slide it along the side af the ball. Once you get to the back of the ball, just pop it out. Don't worry about bending the plastic too much. Plastic has a memory and when it cools it will go back to it's original shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users