• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

My list is the Enterprise-D battle damaged, Enterprise-D all computer voice sounds; a fitting tribute to Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, long overdue here!

Other ships would be the Voyager and Defiant as they both have a lot of multiple release value for DST.

Sorry to say but a lot of the ships mentioned on the board here are all great but most likely will never happen as they are one offs from various episodes and movies and really have not sounds clips to offer or would even be good for multiple releases of the model. Look at Diamond's business model and you can see they like to get the most profit they can out of there electronic ships.

#22 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

My list is the Enterprise-D battle damaged, Enterprise-D all computer voice sounds; a fitting tribute to Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, long overdue here!

Other ships would be the Voyager and Defiant as they both have a lot of multiple release value for DST.

Sorry to say but a lot of the ships mentioned on the board here are all great but most likely will never happen as they are one offs from various episodes and movies and really have not sounds clips to offer or would even be good for multiple releases of the model. Look at Diamond's business model and you can see they like to get the most profit they can out of there electronic ships.

I am curious

You state that DST would only release ships that they can re-release as multiple variants (I agree)

Then you state that the Defiant would afford them multiples.  All I can think of for variants are a cloaked Defiant and a Valiant. I guess a Battle-Damaged Defiant ?  That's not very multiple IMO

#23 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I am curious

You state that DST would only release ships that they can re-release as multiple variants (I agree)

Then you state that the Defiant would afford them multiples.  All I can think of for variants are a cloaked Defiant and a Valiant. I guess a Battle-Damaged Defiant ?  That's not very multiple IMO

and a battle damaged one...so that is 4 possible versions right there.

#24 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

and a battle damaged one...so that is 4 possible versions right there.

wow  that's 4 already.   I guess Defiant is a variant worthy mold afterall.

Even though it was never shown on screen, I'd buy a Landing Gear Defiant as well.

#25 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

USS Defiant
USS Valiant
Cloaked Defiant
Battle Damaged Defiant
Mirror Defiant
First Contact Battle Damaged Defiant (SDCC Exclusive?)

#26 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

There is also the USS Sao Paulo Defiant variant.... though questionable....

#27 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Them making the Reliant next, throws the variant equation out of the window a bit, though. The Reliant is the most famous Miranda-class ship by far, and even then, it's no Enterprise/hero-ship generally. Would it really sell better than DS9's 'tough little ship', or Voyager? I doubt it, but they're making it, and that makes me happy!

Do I think we'll see an Akira, Prometheus, or even a Nebula class from DST? Sadly, no. But I'm sure we will get the Defiant and Voyager one day. :)

#28 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Romulan warbird or bird of prey is low on varients, but the Klingon d7/ktinga has multiple varients....Original series klingon and romulan versions, cloaked versions, the motion picture version, kronos one version, battle damage versons, did I miss anything? :lol:

#29 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

give me a  klingon negh'var & a vorcha

#30 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Defiant

#31 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

My choices would be Enterprise C & Voyager.

#32 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

I would really love the Enterprise C as well, but again I just have no idea how much use DST would get out of it, they should maybe make that one as some sort of exclusive?

#33 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I want DST to make an Excelsior variant:  a life-size Excelsior.  That wouldn't be too pricey, would it?   :P  

Seriously, I hate to see them leave the TOS era, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Enterprise-C and Defiant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users