• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Me too. In fact I want all kinds of Thor figures!

#82 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

Artistix! I knew I knew you from somewhere else.

I don't mind the passion on the Fwoosh, I just hate that anyone thinks I'm being phony in any way. I understand our reasons, and think we do the best we can with our various limitations. but try to explain the reasons and they say you're "toeing the company line," which I think is a mixed metaphor. 

It's funny how different Marvel Select and Star Trek are. With Star Trek, we have to limit ourselves to the products that will generate the most demand. With Marvel we can't make enough product to meet demand, because we're limited. Just where the respective properties are at this time, I guess.

#83 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Its most definitely a matter of where the two properties are right now. Superhero franchises, especially MARVEL Superheroes are gold dust. Star Trek needs more work. 

#84 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Just where the respective properties are at this time, I guess.

It's not helping that CBS don't want to move on a new TV show for fear of upsetting JJ. That really pizzas me off.

That story from last year about JJ demanding that CBS stop licensing merchandise from the older Star Trek property - the one that was denied - still seems mighty plausible to me. Did any of your contacts hear anything on the inside track there, Zach?

#85 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

I have a feeling that they're going to do what they did back in the 80's with TNG. Films for a while then back to TV for the 50th. I bet we'll hear some huge announcement during 2016 that Star Trek is coming home, back to where it began... on our TV screens. From there who knows... 

#86 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

I wish I shared your faith - but I do hope you're right.

#87 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Have faith Destructor. There's real interest to do a Star Trek TV series so I firmly believe that it will eventually come and for CBS, the perfect time (business wise and publicity wise) to relaunch Star Trek as it was originally intended, as a TV series, is the 50th... We'll be hearing in the run up to the next Star Trek movie that:

"The rumours are true, Star Trek is back, beginning in the fall of 2017 with 23 new episodes featuring an entirely new crew, journeying to new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilisations... Boldly going where no one has gone before..."

A successfully launched TV series shown on a perfect network in the states and TV channels across the world... The most iconic and successful drama series ever will return.

#88 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

I only heard that J.J. story when others did, but he isn't involved in the franchise any more, as far as I know.

#89 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

He's still a producer, but he's handing over the directing reigns to someone else.

The rumour mill has thrown up Joe Cornish, of The Adam And Joe Show, who made Toy Trek: The Next Generation back in the '90s - which gives me some hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users