397 replies to this topic

#1 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

Look what is finally up for preorder, with a pic no less! Wonder how many times BBTS will cancel the preorder? wink.gif

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm optimistic.... I think DST is getting their solicitation schedule more refined. I like that new pic !!! It says Search For Spock version.... wonder if they will do a 4 or 6 version???

#3 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

*pre-orders* *drools*

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

$54.99 Really??? Not sure I want it that much.

#5 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Look at the stand, I hate it as they always break! The only stand which was any good was the Enterprise E

#6 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ May 18 2012, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was my first thought too! Wow, these DST ships are getting expensive.

But, I guess it's not all that much of a shock, since the phasers are $35.

#7 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Got this message from Rick and NFC through playtrek...

hello all...
The ship will be officially solicited starting next week and is currently
showing an Oct/Nov ETA...once I get a wholesale cost from DST, we will list
on our site for presale...I can tell everyone that DST has the MSRP at $70
which means $50-55 is likely going to be a reasonably discounted
price...typically if the msrp is 70, I will pay $45 shipped to me, so to mark up even
10%, I would have to be at 49.99...but don't want to speculate, will wait
for DST to get me volume rates...
so, once I have my costs, I will post to Playtrek and our site...naturally
,we will sell as cheap as we can!
rick

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ May 18 2012, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's not forget that we are getting a lot of cool features on this one ... poseable wings, maybe retractable landing gear, surely lights and sounds. Sounds fair to me.

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ May 19 2012, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's not forget that we are getting a lot of cool features on this one ... poseable wings, maybe retractable landing gear, surely lights and sounds. Sounds fair to me.

Agreed.

#10 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

OK, so:

Most Recent:

Last week:

Last month:

July 2010:

February 2010:

Pictorial recap post inspired by eti's post in the Facebook watch thread.

#11 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ May 19 2012, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my general attitude to toward the price point; the lights and sounds are obvious, but the hinged wings and any retractable landing gear are well worth the mark

#12 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

One thing to note, though, Alex, is that I doubt we'll get motorized wings on the bop, or any prospective Voyager from DST.

They tried their damnedest to motorise the medical scanner with the TOS tricorder a couple of years ago, but they couldn't make it cost effective. Perhaps I'm wrong, and the lead-in time will allow them to implement it, but I certainly don't expect it for the BOP.

For the BOP, at least, I'm just fine with poseable wings being manual. We've only seen them reorienting on-screen once, as far as I remember, so it's not like the animation is an iconic feature, like it is with Voyager.

#13 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

I hope that we get a TNG/DS9 version of the Klingon Bird of Prey, this looks like one of their best toys if not the best.

#14 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I had a reply typed up earlier regarding the Maltz/Kruge figures, and how, for a slight price increase, they could do a "special edition" STIII BOP with Kruge and Maltz included. They could continue the trend if and when they did a Ro'Tarran, with Worf in Klingon armour and Martok.

This would, of course, be subject to the legal vagaries of their license agreement with CBS/Paramount. It'd be a way to boost sales of the BOP, and simultaneously give collectors more of the figures they clamour for. If it was successful, they might be convinced to mint new figures of Chang and Gorkon for the ST:VI BOP that I hope they make.

#15 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ May 21 2012, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a reply typed up earlier regarding the Maltz/Kruge figures, and how, for a slight price increase, they could do a "special edition" STIII BOP with Kruge and Maltz included. They could continue the trend if and when they did a Ro'Tarran, with Worf in Klingon armour and Martok.

This would, of course, be subject to the legal vagaries of their license agreement with CBS/Paramount. It'd be a way to boost sales of the BOP, and simultaneously give collectors more of the figures they clamour for. If it was successful, they might be convinced to mint new figures of Chang and Gorkon for the ST:VI BOP that I hope they make.

Well they won

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Unless someone I know sells it back to them.... I dont hink it would be hard to to recreate the prototype and also it may be one of two or whatever made.

Im not a klingon expert...what are the differences between all the BoPs discussed thus far?

#17 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think they would all look pretty much the same aesthetically, the only paint variant I'd know of is the HMS Bounty , but for each mentioned above they could have a different voice/sound chip.

#18 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm gonna wage a guess and say that these will be the versions we'll see because once they have the mould they can run re-releases of this for a while yet

HMS Bounty
Commander Kruge's Bird of Prey
Changs Bird of Prey
Star Trek The Next Generation/Generations/Deep Space Nine version - kind of a generic 24th century version of the Bird of Prey featuring the voices of Worf, Lursor, Be'tor, Martok and Gowron as I don't think having one for each of those characters is iconic enough to sell on it's own but a generic one that can stand against our Enterprise D's/possible Defiant's is probably more logical.

#19 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Actually, I think there's enough dialogue from "Yesterday's Enterprise" alone to do a BOP from that. Lursa and Be'tor also have plenty of dialogue from Generations, and Martok and Worf have loads of battle dialogue from DS9 aboard the Ro'tarran.

That said, there's certain to be a point of diminishing returns with BOPs. Especially since almost all of the variants will look the same. I'd say the most you could get away with is making the Ro'tarran look battle torn, and packaging the Yesterday's Enterprise BOP as the K'vort class, with it's wings raised in package.

Of course, thinking about it, that's probably how they'll all be packed, for shelf space.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

If there are no differences in color, paint apps, or physical design...Ill be only in for one. I dont care much for the voice clips on the ships anyway and prefer only the sound effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users