Photo

What's your favorite 4.5" Playmates figure?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Thanks. Always glad to hear that people like what I do. I have to finish a couple of customs (mostly TNG-stuff for now) over the next days and will then post a few pics.

#42 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

My Favorites have to be locutus, admiral mccoy, and redemption data or so playmates calls him lol, first contact picard, and transporter series nurse chapel....ok i guess that quite a few favorites lol

#43 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

My favorite Playmates figure...I really like the Generations Kirk, Scott, and Chekov. They are stiff, fat, and grim. McCoy in his Motion Picture blues is pretty neat. One of my favorites has always been Mordock the Benzite. He was always a lot of fun to play with, because he was so easily defeated. Just pull off the breathing device, and he has to be helped to sickbay...

#44 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Fat Valentino @ Sep 6 2011, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my favorites has always been Mordock the Benzite. He was always a lot of fun to play with, because he was so easily defeated. Just pull off the breathing device, and he has to be helped to sickbay...

blink.gif

Who was he fighting? Wesley??

Clearly not Worf, as Worf would have done much more than pull off his breathing device! laugh.gif

#45 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Sep 6 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

Who was he fighting? Wesley??

Clearly not Worf, as Worf would have done much more than pull off his breathing device! laugh.gif

It's off topic...but this conjured an image of Worf holding Mordock by the throat all "Mortal Kombat" style, Majel Barrett's computer voice saying "Finish Him!" and then having Worf...well let's just say Mordock looks more like the Borg Queen when all is said and done in this image of mine.

#46 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Id say mine is the generations picard and riker. I really loved the color on those unifroms and I think they were some of the first Trek figures I bought.

#47 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Next generation crew in there first contact uniforms.

#48 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (dukeman3ca @ Nov 19 2011, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Next generation crew in there first contact uniforms.

Im NOT a fan of the cadet series. They should have released other 4.5" characters than creating that idea.

#49 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Hey all,

Is it wrong to say my customized Martok figure???

Anywho, from 1 released, I would say Ensign Ro Laren not only for the fact we got a figure of her but also because her character was so good.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#50 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Really? Ensign Ro? I find the figure not good at all. Her head and face are far too thin. I love the character and was happy to get a figure of her, but I was rather disappointed when I got it, because there was so little resemblance.

Can you post a pic of that Martok-figure? I would love to see it. smile.gif Did you customize it yourself?

#51 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Daysleeper @ Dec 6 2011, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? Ensign Ro? I find the figure not good at all. Her head and face are far too thin. I love the character and was happy to get a figure of her, but I was rather disappointed when I got it, because there was so little resemblance.

Can you post a pic of that Martok-figure? I would love to see it. smile.gif Did you customize it yourself?

Hey Daysleeper,

Not a problem, I'll post it later when I get home from work. Customized it myself. Took a lot of time but I personally like it. It's actually my favourite custom I've done.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#52 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm still collecting, so some of my favourites will probably change but in the mean time my favourites are:
Relics Scotty (stunning head sculpt), S4 Sisko, all of the O'Brien's, Tuvok, Green wraparound Kirk, Quark, Geordi, McCoy, the Doctor, Locutus, 8472, Chang, Saavik, KHANN!!, Tosk, Commander "Chuckles" Chakotay (once I herd it in "The Q and the Grey" it stuck, especially trying to spell Chakotay from memory), Seven of Nine, Q, Leeta, DS9 Worf, Data, and plain, simple, Garak.
Damn, every time I try to shorten the list it gets longer!! Not to mention the bill for all these on eBay.... blink.gif

#53 razorbeast

razorbeast

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I have alot of favorites but the vorgon stands out for me. They are my favorite one off alien and I'm glad Playmates made one.

vorgon_zps2f9328cb.jpg

#54 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Fantastic alien! He unfortunately is not on my favourites list yet as I have as yet not got one, although he is at the top of my buying list.

Its a shame they never made, knowing how many variants they made of him, silver speedo's Captain Picard from the same episode. 

In addition to my previous post, here are a few of my recent buys that have been upgraded to my favourites list: Generations Kirk, the TNG crew in the grey uniforms, Klingon Dax, Dress uniform Kirk, Amok Time Kirk and Spock, Esoqq, Cobalt Blue Seven, and the TNG crew in the never seen uniforms from Generations.

#55 razorbeast

razorbeast

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

Fantastic alien! He unfortunately is not on my favourites list yet as I have as yet not got one, although he is at the top of my buying list.

Its a shame they never made, knowing how many variants they made of him, silver speedo's Captain Picard from the same episode. 

In addition to my previous post, here are a few of my recent buys that have been upgraded to my favourites list: Generations Kirk, the TNG crew in the grey uniforms, Klingon Dax, Dress uniform Kirk, Amok Time Kirk and Spock, Esoqq, Cobalt Blue Seven, and the TNG crew in the never seen uniforms from Generations.

LOL speedos Picard would have been awesome. Some great choices in your list. Esoqq was really cool. I still need blue Seven myself.

#56 OneLittleSpaceman

OneLittleSpaceman

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

The first lavender edition of Troi was one of the first figures I ever got as a kid (along with Season 2 Data), so that Troi was the start of it all for me really and will always be special for me.

But other favourites or ones I feel are highlights / essentials otherwise...

- Borg Queen (had a total geekgasm when I realised her head and shoulders came out. A nice touch to not advertise that and let people discover for themselves).

- Ilea (probe) is rather gorgeous.

- Beverly Crusher (Season 3 with lab coat - which was close to the actual blue of the original science officer's uniform's, rather than that irritating green they insisted on using for ALL SCIENCE OFFICERS EVER).

- Morn (the figure just makes me smile. No DS9 scenario would be complete without him loitering around.) 

- The Doctor / EMH (A great likeness)

- Worf (Late DS9 / Movie uniforms - brilliant mould and detail, and i think the only figure with accessories / weapons in actual original colours, rather than just naff generic coloured plastic. Infact... all the movie TNG editions with the grey shoulders. Troi & crusher's mould's could have been better, and it is still irritating they never did a Geordi - while I'll be attempting to custom make soon... but, I just love that range of the crew.)

- Species 8472 (looks far more "real" than the actual CGI version in the show. A fantastic unique spin for the whole toy range)

- Locutus (An all-round essential, awesome figure)

- Saavik (the mould is so good I just can't help but look at it and go "That's Kirstie Alley!")

- Janeway (flimsy figure and otherwise a bit unremarkable. But, great face mould... and, it's Janeway! I intend on making my own short, bobbed hair custom on a spare Janeway soon)

- Bashir (same as Janeway in that it's a bit of an unremarkable figure, but a great face mould)

- Sela (Amazing likeness)

- Seven Of Nine (silver catsuit and burgundy/plum exclusive editions - Just because. 

The half-borg Seven annoys me. It's no where near as detailed enough as her transitional phase look was, and it felt like a wasted opportunity in not doing the full drone of Seven instead (especially considering we see the full drone Seven in plenty of future flashback episodes). The full drone version will be another custom I'm going to attempt at some point. 

#57 Shinzon

Shinzon

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

Borg Queen

Borgified 7 of 9

Edith Keeler

Saavik

And honestly... for the amusing oddity of it... the ST Generations figure line.

#58 sharpe

sharpe

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:58 PM

I'd say Generations Kirk for me. 

#59 Nigel

Nigel

• Members
  • 363 posts