Photo

Wishing Playmates still owned the Trek Line!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 16 2007, 07:19 PM) View Post
I wasn't a big fan of the sqautting all round....Trelane, the Andorian...even Keiko was kinda spreading! just odd.

See that's what I was talking about in my earlier post. I LOVED the VOY line and the like, but it was their last few lines, including the figures mentioned above, that really disappointed me. Intendant Kira and 7of9 taking the cake. sad.gif

#22 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 17 2007, 02:49 PM) View Post
See that's what I was talking about in my earlier post. I LOVED the VOY line and the like, but it was their last few lines, including the figures mentioned above, that really disappointed me. Intendant Kira and 7of9 taking the cake. sad.gif

I didn't think 7 of 9 was that bad...

#23 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

^The sculpt itself was pretty good comparatively. But it was the lack of articulation, the difficulty in standing on own without being attatched to the combadge stand, and the difference in scale compared to the rest of the VOY figures that bothered me.

#24 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 17 2007, 03:20 PM) View Post
^The sculpt itself was pretty good comparatively. But it was the lack of articulation, the difficulty in standing on own without being attatched to the combadge stand, and the difference in scale compared to the rest of the VOY figures that bothered me.

If you want to talk about scale, the Major Kira figure was a munchkin compared to the others and THAT always bothered me to no end!

But you are right... 7 did have limited articulation and couldn't stand on her own. Some StickyTac always solved that though.

#25 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

^OH I know. For my favorite female Trek character, she had one of the lesser successful toys. That's why I can't wait to see DST/AA's take on her....not to mention a variant of "Commander Kira" biggrin.gif

#26 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 17 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post
^OH I know. For my favorite female Trek character, she had one of the lesser successful toys. That's why I can't wait to see DST/AA's take on her....not to mention a variant of "Commander Kira" biggrin.gif

In order for them to do a Commander Kira, they are going to have to make a Colonel Kira (as opposed to Major Kira) because of the hairstyle (which was my favorite of her many). I am hoping that since we have already seen Dax and Sisko in Nemesis uniforms and earlier DS9 uniforms that we may get both Kira from the 7th season AND an earlier one.

I was always baffled why Pm didn't do more variants. They seemed to be more focused on characters. Though some of their choices baffled me. I would think people would want a Vedek/Kai Winn figure more than a Tosk, but...

#27 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

Tosk came from early in season 1, so that was one of the few aliens available to PM at the time they were conceiving the DS9 lines. Usually with a new series, only the first two release lines are already in the making when the series finally premieres. Unfortunately DS9 did not turn out to be as marketable as TNG, so thus why we only had two official DS9 lines. The few DS9 characters we got later on were either molds that had already been sculpted (i.e. Hunter of Tosk), easy retools (i.e. "Trials and Tribbleations") or the rare "fan favorite" character (i.e. Garak, Intendant Kira, Jem Ha'dar, Keiko O'Brien, etc.).

But it was the ultimate sales results why we didn't get more variants of the core DS9 figures. They just never sold as well as the TNG lines. The same went for VOY, though why they made the "Mutant Paris" figure is still a baffle to me. The Harry Kim figure with Species 8472 two pack was an easy repaint, and thus a no-brainer to include in the two pack (especially since he was episode specific), but I still can't explain that one figure of Paris. wacko.gif

#28 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

I never had any troubles standing my 7of9 figures...though her height did annoy me.

I didn't have any troubles standing Leeta either. The 1940's women were a bit harder. Mainly because the ankles would bend & they would topple. Guinan is permanantly leaning up againt Dixon Hill. I don't use stands for the two as they are already much taller than the 1940's men!!

I rememeber I finally found the 1993 Kira in a comic book store...the only DS9 figure there...& the main one I wanted. I was also surprised by how small she looked. Though I don't think she looks out of place in the crew display.

I still do not own a Paris in PJ's... biggrin.gif

#29 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

#30 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

^That's the one. I really don't know why and can't even begin to explain why they made that figure. It's a totally brand new sculpt, was not a fan favorite episode, and wasn't even a great variant for Paris to begin with.

Can someone enlighten me maybe? I'm serious here...I'd really like to know.

#31 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:57 PM

Perhaps they thought Paris would be a good seller. You'd think strange looking figures would sell better than many humans...but I think the PJ Paris came out far too bland in the sickbay gear.

Did he come with the creatures he & the Captain turned into?

#32 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:09 AM

it says on the side of the package three mutant offspring so im assuming that he does come with something. they were probably neon pink or something. Not only does the figure not make sense neither did the episode. what a stupid idea that was because now IMO warp mechanics is severly limited for any further developments.

#33 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

I wouldn't mind getting him...just for the Offspring biggrin.gif

#34 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 17 2007, 09:49 PM) View Post
^That's the one. I really don't know why and can't even begin to explain why they made that figure. It's a totally brand new sculpt, was not a fan favorite episode, and wasn't even a great variant for Paris to begin with.

Can someone enlighten me maybe? I'm serious here...I'd really like to know.

I bought that figure before i even know what it was about. biggrin.gif

#35 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Do you have a pic of the Marquis Chakotay handy FHC? & hows about Carey?

I always really wanted that Chakotay, but never bought him for whatever reason.

#36 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 18 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
Do you have a pic of the Marquis Chakotay handy FHC? & hows about Carey?

I always really wanted that Chakotay, but never bought him for whatever reason.

Right there in the C's

Sorry the photos are a bit grainy they were before I got better with the old camera.

#37 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 18 2007, 12:57 AM) View Post
Did he come with the creatures he & the Captain turned into?

Yeop:

#38 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Ah, cheers peoples.

The PJ Paris Offspring actually look really good...I had imagined they would be the colour of the phaser.

I have a big order from a Playtrekker I am currently paying off, he is selling a lot of his Playmates collection to me...I've asked him to add these two figures....I have to have them now!! biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a loose pic of the exclusive brown/purple 4.5" Seven?
(I'll stop asking for pics now!!)

#39 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

Otherwise known as Toyfare Exclusife 7of9. She's purple by the way. There was a brown 7of9 planned (easy repaint) but nothing ever came of it. So there are only three different versions 1) Silver (regular), 2) Purple (Toyfare exlusive, seen below), and 3) Cobalt Blue that was supposed to be a Target Exclusive in the States along with FC uniform (and blonde haired) Crusher..but apparently Target canceled the orders. I've heard that a few of the stores actually got the cobalt 7o9, but she ultimately became an International exclusive.

#40 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:59 PM

Were they all the same sculpt, just repaints?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users