115 replies to this topic

#101 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Feb 17 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prototypes would have been nice. With nothing being shone, it doesn't really seem like they have too much interest in keeping the license for a second film.

Yeah, even if we never got them, I would have loved to have seen some protos from the Playmates/ DST collaboration shown at least.

Sallah

#102 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Its fun to speculate, but the truth is that many companies just aren't interested in the Star Trek license... for example, If Lego wanted to make Star Trek sets... and they thought they could make money on them, like they do for Star Wars, I think they would...

Sure you can get this Mega Blocks set... but its at least 5 years old... if not older!

#103 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, I remember passing on the Mega Blocks Ent. at Meijer when it was clearanced.. now I'm really regretting that!

#104 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this; I saw the 3 3/4 and 6 inch figures at big lots. 3 3/4 were $3.00 and the 6 were $ 5.00. Just FYI...

#105 MonkeyBiz

MonkeyBiz

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

Personally, I'm hoping for Hasbro to pick up the license so I can finally achieve my nerd dream of having Transformers/Star Trek Crossover figures. Young Kirk turns into the Enterprise! Fat Kirk turns into the Enterprise A! Picard turns into the Enterprise D! Random Klingon turns into a Bird of Prey! Random Romulan turns into a Warbird! The possibilities are ENDLESS!

#106 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

I would love to see what Hasbro could do with the line

#107 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hasbro should have got the line for 2009. I like Playmates but so much more should have been done with Star Trek. Looks like Playmates have thier troubles with other lines too. They only showed two lines- Shrek and Lucha Libre Luchador at Toy Fair. Lucha Libre Luchador has joined the ranks of Playmates other lines, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Star Trek by being put on hiatus too! TMNT has always been a money maker for Playmates, so if things are going this badly it probably won't be long before Playmates and DST are absorbed into the Hasbro Collective! But that would be a good thing...Right?
http://toynewsi.com/...88&itemid=15506

#108 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Feb 23 2010, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro should have got the line for 2009. I like Playmates but so much more should have been done with Star Trek. Looks like Playmates have thier troubles with other lines too. They only showed two lines- Shrek and Lucha Libre Luchador at Toy Fair. Lucha Libre Luchador has joined the ranks of Playmates other lines, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Star Trek by being put on hiatus too! TMNT has always been a money maker for Playmates, so if things are going this badly it probably won't be long before Playmates and DST are absorbed into the Hasbro Collective! But that would be a good thing...Right?
http://toynewsi.com/...88&itemid=15506

No Mattel should have gotten the line and hopefully in the future they will. There would be too much brand confusion if Hasbro had Star Trek, casual buyers, parents, grandparents so froth would get the 2 mixed up all the time, not to mention the store employees who would shove the Star Trek figures with Star Wars, I saw that a lot last year when the Playmates toys came out. But whatever happens Playmates should never get it again.

#109 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (wmfike @ Mar 2 2010, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Mattel should have gotten the line and hopefully in the future they will. There would be too much brand confusion if Hasbro had Star Trek, casual buyers, parents, grandparents so froth would get the 2 mixed up all the time, not to mention the store employees who would shove the Star Trek figures with Star Wars, I saw that a lot last year when the Playmates toys came out. But whatever happens Playmates should never get it again.

I don't think Mattel made a bid for the Star Trek Action Figure license in 2009. It came down to Hasbro and Playmates and we all know what happened there! I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Mattel get a shot. If The Four Horsemen had a shot at sculpting the 6" line I'm sure it would be a hit! The 6" line would probably be on mattycollector.com and the 3 3/4" line would probably be the retail line. There again we would come up a winner. I honestly don't know why DST and Playmates can't do like Mattel, with an online line for collectors!

#110 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Mar 2 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Mattel made a bid for the Star Trek Action Figure license in 2009. It came down to Hasbro and Playmates and we all know what happened there! I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Mattel get a shot. If The Four Horsemen had a shot at sculpting the 6" line I'm sure it would be a hit! The 6" line would probably be on mattycollector.com and the 3 3/4" line would probably be the retail line. There again we would come up a winner. I honestly don't know why DST and Playmates can't do like Mattel, with an online line for collectors!

Hasbro had made a bid for it? Did not know that, that would have been better then Playmates. Yes the Four Horsemen doing scuplts would be so awesome!! Mattel could sell in reatil as well as there established Matty Collector site, so many better possibilites with them. I agree why can't Playmates and DST do like Mattel with the Matty Collector site, between the 2 companies they should be able to pull that off

#111 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Have you seen the nightmare that is mattycollector? I think many companies will stay away just because of the disaster that the actual ordering system is with new releases. Hasbrotoyshop and Mattel.com seem to have a good system but far less traffic. On the other hand the success of mattycollector comes from having a product highly in demand which I dont think Trek is right now.

#112 wmfike

wmfike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Mar 4 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen the nightmare that is mattycollector? I think many companies will stay away just because of the disaster that the actual ordering system is with new releases. Hasbrotoyshop and Mattel.com seem to have a good system but far less traffic. On the other hand the success of mattycollector comes from having a product highly in demand which I dont think Trek is right now.

Yeah it's been bad but it's straightened out. Serioulsy, do you really think that would be a good reason not to have Mattel do all things Star Trek action figures? All companies have issues it's just finding the company that can deal best with it and I think Mattel is a proven company.

#113 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

I could definitely go for the Four Horsemen sculpting Trek figures... That'd be fantastic!

But Mattel isn't too reliable. DCUC, after 12 waves, is only now getting into some sort of decent reliability. MOTUC seems handled poorly in that you need to be on par with the best of the best ebay snipers to actually get one, and their Ghostbusters line is a joke.

As for retail, I don't think that's an option, given that no stores seem interested in Star Trek now.

#114 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

Matty Collector and DCUC have been victims of their success.

The truth is the popularity of DCUC and MOTU lines has been growing allot!

Mattel keeps adjusting the number of figures they produce, but they can't seem to keep up!

It's a feast or famine thing... if they overproduce, they get stuck with product they can't sell... so they try and judge demand.

The fact that DCUC has made it 12 waves is phenomenal! Most lines make it 3 or 4 waves...

I'd be all over for a internet exclusive Star Trek line done by Matty Collector.

#115 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Mar 5 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be all over for a internet exclusive Star Trek line done by Matty Collector.

I would die, I would just die! biggrin.gif

DCUC styled Trek figures....& they are all exclusives so we don't have to worry about low pre-orders!

Heaven.

#116 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

And the great thing about Mattel is things are never delayed. In fact, Mattel churns out product in a frenzied manner to the point I feel llike too much is coming out at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users