Photo

Got a couple of the 3 & 3/4" figures a little early!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

....Got Nero and Original Spock from an overseas guy for $9 each. Couldn't pass up the chance at snagging them a bit early wink.gif

I'm not sure if these are different because they are overseas or because they are samples or what...but neither figure comes with a bridge part, nor is there any mention anywhere on the package. I opened Nero up since the package was damaged. I'm leaving Spock carded just in case it is a sample (plus I'm going to meet Nimoy in 2 weeks at FX and I may want to get it signed). Here's some pics of Nero in action!-

First impression? I REALLY like these figures! The articulation is well done and not too detrimental to the sculpt. The body proportions are very well handled- We're not looking at unrealistically super buff bodies here....we're looking at normal humans. There's much more detail in the sculpting (take a look at that jacket) than I expected there to be. And I love the little stand! Overall, I am pleasantly surprised and I eagerly await more!

Here's a quick shot of ol' Spock too if you're interested-

Sallah

#2 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

I especially like him next to the Flash - he looks a little like that tattooed biker guy who was the first villain in the 1990-91 TV show!

#3 flw

flw

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:36 PM

One other thing I just noticed - check out the feet ... Are those cloven hoofs? Is Nero supposed to be satanic?!? blink.gif

#4 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (flw @ Apr 1 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One other thing I just noticed - check out the feet ... Are those cloven hoofs? Is Nero supposed to be satanic?!? blink.gif

I think he's supposed to be wearing those ninja-style split toe boots....

Sallah

#5 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (flw @ Apr 1 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I especially like him next to the Flash - he looks a little like that tattooed biker guy who was the first villain in the 1990-91 TV show!

I thought he looked best next to the Flash too... The Infinite Heroes body is somewhat slimmer than the sometimes overly-huge Hasbro stuff....

Sallah

#6 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

That Nero figure sure has me wishing for an army of 3 3/4" Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Hirogen, Cardassians, etc..to battle my ever growing clone and Stormtrooper army!

#7 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (flw @ Apr 1 2009, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pike

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Those look surprisingly good for the small scale! And the split-toed boots Nero is wearing , most of the playmates Klingons rom the 90s had split-toed boots on as well , maybe the klingons and romulans shared boot technolgy as well? o_O

#9 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:34 AM

oh wicked!!! these look awesome!!! biggrin.gif

#10 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

So what's the articulation like? is it similar to Hasbro's Star Wars and Indiana Jones?

#11 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

Here's the breakdown:

Swivel neck
Swivel waist
Swivel hips
Ball joint knees
Ball joint ankles
Ball joint shoulders
Ball joint elbows
Swivel wrists

Very solid articulation!

Sallah

#12 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

nice biggrin.gif, shame the neck isn't on a ball joint similar to the Star Wars figures but still awesome! biggrin.gif thanks! so are these in scale with Star Wars figures, sorry about all the questions biggrin.gif.

#13 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the pics! It's weird that they didn't come with Bridge pieces. Maybe they were either early samples or made for some other market where they might not be including Bridge pieces. Did the packaging have a picture of the Bridge on the back and the diagram?

I have to say these pics really gave me hope these will look cool. More so then the larger official images on the playmates site. I think when you take small figures and take REALLY close-up pictures they can give the wrong impression and make them look less impressive then they'll be in real life. The detail on Nero's jacket is fantastic and really the likeness is pretty strong. I'm glad he comes with a disrupter and staff. I thought he just had the latter.

I went ahead and preordered the set, the Enterprise and phaser. I'll wait for the Bridge, Transporter, communicator and tricorder until I see them in person. I just wonder if some of these characters are going to be harder to find then others. Are they shipping in equal numbers in cases? Or are there more than 10 figures per case?

#14 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

I believe it is just the 10 figure case, 1 of each figure, which I think is awesome.

Sallah

#15 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Apr 6 2009, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe it is just the 10 figure case, 1 of each figure, which I think is awesome.

Sallah

Yes, it is a refreshing change of pace for a figure line.

#16 NickyTea

NickyTea

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for sharing these!
The figure looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on them. (Not too much longer to wait, now!)

#17 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hey guys, reports of multipe sightings of the toys at TRU! So they are out there. One guy on thefwoosh even bought a few.

#18 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 9 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, reports of multipe sightings of the toys at TRU! So they are out there. One guy on thefwoosh even bought a few.

Awesome! I'll hit TRU tonight!

Sallah

#19 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

I won't be able to go hunting today- it'll have to wait until tomorrow. How exciting though! Too bad DST can't muster this much excitement anymore. wink.gif Granted, I ordered a case from Rick, but the thrill of the hunt is half the fun!

#20 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

DST are lame at excitement, woo! i hope these come over to the UK soon biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users