• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:00 AM

I really like the 3d Bridge, but what if it doesn't have multiple levels....what if it is flat on screen?? (I doubt it but hey ya never know)

#42 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Apr 22 2009, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the 3d Bridge, but what if it doesn't have multiple levels....what if it is flat on screen?? (I doubt it but hey ya never know)

Yes. But it does have multiple levels. If you go to the Star Trek Movie webiste you can do a 360 turn around of the Bridge durring normal ops and durring Red Alert. It is pretty cool.

#43 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

Wow! Loving the Bridge with levels. I had thought about something similar.... how do you think you'll finish the sides? That was my one hang-up. Or do you plan to?
In any case very nice work.

#44 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:15 AM

Whoah!!! That is awesome!! How hard is it to cut the foam board and keep it looking nice? Where could I buy foam board, is it something WM would have?

#45 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 22 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is amazing work Prometheus! Great Job!!

Thanks guys !!! I think it makes it look more like a playset.

#46 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (anti-hero @ Apr 22 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoah!!! That is awesome!! How hard is it to cut the foam board and keep it looking nice? Where could I buy foam board, is it something WM would have?

I bought the foam board at a Michael's Art Supply Store...and I used very sharp exacto blades to cut the board..... I went through 4 blades cutting...It was kind of diifficult.

#47 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (JonWes @ Apr 22 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! Loving the Bridge with levels. I had thought about something similar.... how do you think you'll finish the sides? That was my one hang-up. Or do you plan to?
In any case very nice work.

I do want to do the walls...I'm hoping when the movie comes out more options will become available.... I'm not quite sure yet.

#48 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Apr 22 2009, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Bad....

You can actually tell on the Vinyl mat that it has levels like the Enterprise E ... They simulated " Lights" coming from under the stairs ( There are actually steps) and the various levels.... I think Playmates designed this so people might customize it !!! It was very easy to see where to make the cuts for the levels and steps.

#49 billytrek

billytrek

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

Wow! Prometheus, my God, that's awesome! How long did it take to do that? Do you think it's something a novice can pull off or is not worth trying? I can just see me destroying everything and ending up with nothing sad.gif

#50 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (billytrek @ Apr 22 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! Prometheus, my God, that's awesome! How long did it take to do that? Do you think it's something a novice can pull off or is not worth trying? I can just see me destroying everything and ending up with nothing sad.gif

LOL, i was thinking the same thing. But that might give me a reason to buy the corrected bridge set with black shirt Kirk.

#51 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (anti-hero @ Apr 22 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, i was thinking the same thing. But that might give me a reason to buy the corrected bridge set with black shirt Kirk.

It took some time and a steady hand :-) ....I'd say I put about 10 hrs into it.

#52 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Does anyone have a list of what bridge pieces come with which figures?

#53 egoing

egoing

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (anti-hero @ Apr 22 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought the community would like to see this response from Playmates.

From StarTrek <StarTrek@playmatestoys.com>
to egoing
date Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM
subject RE: Website Contact

The Kirk in Off Duty outfit will probably come as a stand-a-lone (separate) 3.75 figure package.

egoing
04-11-2009 12:25 PM

Contact Reason: Other

I recently purchased the Star Trek Bridge Playset. Does this mean I'll have to buy the Playset again to obtain the Utility Kirk Shirt action figure?

#54 anti-hero

anti-hero

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (egoing @ Apr 23 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought the community would like to see this response from Playmates.

From StarTrek <StarTrek@playmatestoys.com>
to egoing
date Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM
subject RE: Website Contact

The Kirk in Off Duty outfit will probably come as a stand-a-lone (separate) 3.75 figure package.

egoing
04-11-2009 12:25 PM

Contact Reason: Other

I recently purchased the Star Trek Bridge Playset. Does this mean I'll have to buy the Playset again to obtain the Utility Kirk Shirt action figure?

Hmmm...thanks, good to know.

I'm still trying to decide the best way to do the bridge levels for me. I do NOT have a steady hand for cutting so i'm thinking of just using box cardboard. It won't look as good on the edges but at least it'll be cheaper and it won't be a big deal if my hand slips or i mess up on the outline.

#55 KirkPR1

KirkPR1

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING STAR TREK

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Apr 22 2009, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished a more three dimensional version of the bridge.....

I used 1/4" Foam core and layered the various levels...I still have more work to do.

YEAH HI! I'M NEW HERE BUT I HAVE A QUESTION FOR PROMETHEUS: WHAT TYPE OF GLUE DID YOU USE FOR THE VYNIL MAT ON THE FOAM CORE,IF ANY?
BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME IDEA AND WHEN I SAW YOURS I LOVED IT.

#56 billytrek

billytrek

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:39 AM

And here's another quick question as well, Prometheus: Is foam core just like foam board? I went to Michaels and couldn't find anything called foam core.

Thanks.

#57 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Awesome Bridge Pro. Sadly the UK versions of the figures don't come with the bridge piece and the bridge play-set is just like the US one so I'm not sure if or how PM will ever get these extra pieces out to the UK market - maybe if more waves are released.

Still an awesome set, i wasn't sure about it but excitement got to me and i was pleasantly surprised.

#58 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Vivid said in an e-mail the UK should get the extra pieces starting in wave 2.

#59 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (KirkPR1 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEAH HI! I'M NEW HERE BUT I HAVE A QUESTION FOR PROMETHEUS: WHAT TYPE OF GLUE DID YOU USE FOR THE VYNIL MAT ON THE FOAM CORE,IF ANY?
BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME IDEA AND WHEN I SAW YOURS I LOVED IT.

KirkPR1 I used a craft glue that works on plastics, wood, and paper called "Tacky Glue" ..... I bought it at Michael's Art Supply.... You have to cover all the surface area and apply quickly than let it dry overnight.

#60 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (billytrek @ Apr 27 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And here's another quick question as well, Prometheus: Is foam core just like foam board? I went to Michaels and couldn't find anything called foam core.

Thanks.

Hey BillyTrek .... Yes foamcore and Foam Board are exactly the same thing..... The Foamcore just refers to the core of the two pieces of board being foam.... Be sure you have an exacto and ALOT of blades !!!! The foam board dulls the blades quickly !!!! Hope this helps :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users