#1 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

...Long time, no see folks. wink.gif

Looks like Hasbro got the Trek license!

Hasbro launching Star Trek toys in 2013!

Sallah

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

/\/\/\ You just barely beat me to this. LOL

We have all been asking for it and it here. I cant wait to see what they do with the license.

#3 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Feb 10 2012, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/\/\/\ You just barely beat me to this. LOL

We have all been asking for it and it here. I cant wait to see what they do with the license.

I just really hope the action figure range (if any) extends to more than just the new film.

I would LOVE a 3.75" TOS line in the same vein as the current "vintage" Star Wars line. smile.gif

Sallah

#4 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

This is gonna be interesting. I also hope that figure line willl cover the whole franchise, not only the new film. And I hope that the head sculpts will look better than the poorly sculpted Playmates-figures for the 2009-movie.

#5 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Wow, just wow
I totally did not expect this
And I was trying to get people to petition Lego about doing Trek

HOOORAY!

#6 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

I really hope this leads to an action figure line.
This is very exciting!

#7 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

So far, according to StarTrek.com, the only line announced are the "Kreon" figures, which, from a swift google, seem to come in large assembly varieties, and small stylised varieties. Here are some Transformers examples:

...And "kreo" building block vehicles, like this:

Not something that really appeals to me, but I know my nephews will go mad for them.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Feb 10 2012, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just really hope the action figure range (if any) extends to more than just the new film.

I would LOVE a 3.75" TOS line in the same vein as the current "vintage" Star Wars line. smile.gif

Sallah

I would be happy if it were like the Vintage Star Wars line or The 30th anniversary GI Joe line. Both are the best of the lines for their respective franchises and I can see Star Trek being done just as great.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 10 2012, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far, according to StarTrek.com, the only line announced are the "Kreon" figures, which, from a swift google, seem to come in large assembly varieties, and small stylised varieties. Here are some Transformers examples:

...And "kreo" building block vehicles, like this:

Not something that really appeals to me, but I know my nephews will go mad for them.

Thats not all they have said they were doing.

Check out the press release here TNI

This line in particular was interesting "Among its additional new play experiences, Hasbro will also offer robust line of roleplay toys for kids and fans to act out the intergalactic saga as well as select new figures."

#10 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 10 2012, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far, according to StarTrek.com, the only line announced are the "Kreon" figures, which, from a swift google, seem to come in large assembly varieties, and small stylised varieties.

That is probably all they are cleared to announce at the moment. Probably waiting for the actual reveal at Toy Fair... or they have to keep the figure line under wraps until closer to the film's release.

I have no doubt that they will do figures based on the new film. It's the other incarnations of the franchise that will interest me...

Sallah

#11 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

I absolutely think we'll see them touch on more than just the JJ-verse film franchise. If what they did with Star Wars is any indication, they get the marketing of having a toy franchise that lasts well beyond a specific film incarnation. The only thing that disappoints me is that they will likely be 3.75" figures, which I'm not really interested in. But...if the quality and variety is there, I'd consider it.

Besides, in addition to the JJ-verse (which naturally lends itself to concurrent TOS toys if marketed right) there will be the TNG Blu-Ray releases which will help re-awaken the TNG audience and having toys available will help TNG-Trekkies get their kids into it. DS9, VOY, and ENT are harder sells...but if they get folks hooked on the license, then adding these casts are easier to do.

I'm excited to see what comes next...and whether or not they acknowledge the lines that have come before them. Not excited at ALL about the KRE-O stuff...but otherwise...should be fun!

#12 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Pretty surprising. But, it sounds like they're taking a very cautious and selective approach rather than putting out a glut of mediocre product as Playmates did. That's certainly more like them.

#13 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

It is good to see that there is light at the end of the Star Trek toy collector's tunnel after all. Looking forward to what all this will turn out to be.

#14 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Let 'em be in scale with the Star Wars figures line!

It'll take the William Shatner/Carrie Fisher back and forth to a whole new scale/level!

And the fact Playmates dropped right after the first movie toy wave still kinda cheeses me off too!

-cs™

#15 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Wow, didn't see that coming! It's sure to be a 3.75" line. I hope they forget about Barbie dolls and transformers, and focus on one figure scale and maybe a pre-school line. I couldn't care less for the fake Legos, but they'll sell.

If Hasbro's 2008 Indiana Jones toyline is any indication of their marketing strategy, they will prepare three or four waves, and piggyback on the new movie with a new wave of figures every couple months. Probably a few from TOS and a few from TNG or the TNG movies. I just hope the Star Trek line doesn't get cancelled as fast as the Indiana Jones line was! It'll be Hasbro and so the line will probably feature a couple really cool mid-sized "aggressive" vehicles, and one underwhelming, kind of weak playset. Surely they'll make a bridge? I expect that whatever shuttle design is featured in the next movie will be released with firing "photon torpedo" missiles and light up phaser banks. Maybe whoever Benedict Cumberbatch is playing (Khan?) will fly a starfighter or "aggressive" shuttle of some kind...

But another thing Hasbro does really well is pre-school figures. The "Jedi-Force" Millennium Falcon is awesome. I predict the "Imaginext" line will be where we'll find the full USS Enterprise playset...

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

One word ..... YES !!!!!!

#17 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh, exciting!!

#18 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Truly the best news I've heard in a long time. Here's hoping for a BMF Enterprise similar to what Hasbro did with the Millenium Falcon, AT-AT and other Star Wars Vehicles. From the updated reports on trekmovie.com and a few other sites it looks like they opted for the Prime Universe as well as the JJ Abrahams movies too. So it truly will be agreat time to be a Star Trek fan. I'm looking forward to the Captain Kirk / Han Solo show down!

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ooooohhh...Imagine the possibilities ..... Shuttlecraft from the various Treks that can hold the 3 3/4" figures !!! You know we are going to get a TOS Galileo !!! Probably even a JJverse Shuttle.

Okay ...I'm getting ahead of myself ...but a boy can dream cant he? lol

The other good thing about Hasbro ...they have their own factories !!! The turn around time from prototype to produced product is A LOT faster than most companies !!

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

One more thing...I hate to dis on DST....but if Hasbro just has part of the license now ....They may eventually get ALL of it based on success .... So DST will get their butts in gear and get out this remaining stuff fast !!! At least as fast as possible....No more goofing around. Just watch !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users