• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Maybe a magnet could hold the door closed at the top, but be weak enough for the motor to open the door.

You know that never crossed my mind. And my local hobby store has them but will my motor be strong enough to open it. I will look in to that thanks for the idea.

#122 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Model making, songwriting, DIY, general tinkering and not ever being able to just leave something the way it is!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Worf, you are obviously a certified, class A, raving lunatic!!! But WHAT a BUILD!!! Amazing skills, and patience, and a joy to behold!

#123 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Worf, you are obviously a certified, class A, raving lunatic!!! But WHAT a BUILD!!! Amazing skills, and patience, and a joy to behold!

thank you I think lol ;) . ya i go big don't know why i do but i do. i made an F-302 as well for my Stargate figs. working on my BSG Raptor and new Viper now. and for my Trek i am doing the ENT helm & a Klingon bridge. i have to make more space in the room, i have 2 big ships and my Defiant bridge taking up lots of space.

#124 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

You are going to have to start renting a storage unit and set it up like a museum. lol.

#125 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holy feldercarb.... I cant believe you motorized the hatch!!! That is so cool!

#126 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

Holy feldercarb.... I cant believe you motorized the hatch!!! That is so cool!

lol you saw the video. ya i did the same thing to the 302 but i had to put in a rail for it.

#127 tipam

tipam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hi - Your model looks great! ... in fact it's inspired me to print a working 3D model of the Puddle Jumper; I've put a mechanism in there to extend the nacelles and hopefully enable LED lighting etc.

Here's a few pics of it so far ... 

Puddle Jumper development - Picture 3
Puddle Jumper development - Picture 2
Puddle Jumper development - Picture 1

#128 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hi - Your model looks great! ... in fact it's inspired me to print a working 3D model of the Puddle Jumper; I've put a mechanism in there to extend the nacelles and hopefully enable LED lighting etc.

do you have a Makerbot or a Solidoodle?  I have a Solidoodle but it sucks. I will never buy from them or recommend there product to any one haa I digress. Your jumper look good keep it up. Will you be making a full interior?

#129 tipam

tipam

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

do you have a Makerbot or a Solidoodle?  I have a Solidoodle but it sucks. I will never buy from them or recommend there product to any one haa I digress. Your jumper look good keep it up. Will you be making a full interior?

I've got a Wanhao Duplicator 4 (half the price of the Makerbot) and use 3DS Max to create the model.  So far it's taken a lot of experimentation to get an accurate working model since you've got be careful of overhangs, warping and such.

I've added a few more parts to the model such as the base cover (covers 2x AA battery holder), rear seats (covers the mechanism to open the panels) and made various strengthening modifications.  I hope to create as much of the interior as possible although detail is difficult as this scale ...

pic6
pic5
pic4

#130 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

wow....I really need a 3D printer!

#131 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

I've got a Wanhao Duplicator 4 (half the price of the Makerbot) and use 3DS Max to create the model.  So far it's taken a lot of experimentation to get an accurate working model since you've got be careful of overhangs, warping and such.

I've added a few more parts to the model such as the base cover (covers 2x AA battery holder), rear seats (covers the mechanism to open the panels) and made various strengthening modifications.  I hope to create as much of the interior as possible although detail is difficult as this scale ...

That is amazing!

#132 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

ooopps

#133 WORF22

WORF22

• Members