Sloppy Work!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

At the time I got this Barclay, I thought it was going to be the only one I would be getting (due to lack of availability) and I would therefore have to keep him MOC. Good job I have another one now................

...........This is just sloppy!! mad.gif

#2 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

Wave three was littered with this kind of stuff. QA took a sever hit on this line.

#3 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

That particular error is common. When I ordered the latest wave, both the Data and Lore packages looked pretty much just like that.

#4 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Ouch! Hence why I complain about the TNG figures so much. Yuck!

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

That is how my Barclay's package looked too. Luckily I open all of my figures so that didn't bother me. The thing that did bother me was his engineering kit. it was put together with one side upside down. So instead of having one handle that goes all the way through it has half a handle on top and on the other side half a handle on the bottom.

#6 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Mar 26 2007, 01:53 PM) View Post
At the time I got this Barclay, I thought it was going to be the only one I would be getting (due to lack of availability) and I would therefore have to keep him MOC. Good job I have another one now................

...........This is just sloppy!! mad.gif

EXACTLY how mine was... but luckily I had another so that crap one got opened.

#7 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:06 PM

My data had the picture on the top right corner missing. It just wasn't in the package. At first I thought it fell out, but after opening it, found out it just wasn't there.

#8 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

*prays that the TWOK figures aren't as disasterous*

#9 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

I have to wonder if this is why wave 4 might have been delayed gang unsure.gif I think this is what happens when a line is rushed to meet the consumers expectations. Like JMW326, I'm a opener, but I do feel for the moc folks. Of course because of errors like this, FHC's variant/chase figures grow in numbers tongue.gif Hopefully DST was able to get a handle on this and we won't have any problems. For this, I would be ok with a delay in the lines.

#10 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:57 PM

^^^I agree. It seems I'm not the only one who has a packge with this fault. I mean to say, how dificult can it be to get a label the right way up...or a kit case. Streuth! dry.gif

#11 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

I don't know how I could answer that Jules without sounding like a redneck tongue.gif Since the figures are manufactured in China and I'm sure english isn't their first language laugh.gif Was that delicate enough for everyone? Seriously though, I can live with the delays, if it means less Q/C issues pop up. But even when AA had the license, errors like this popped up from time to time. Right now I have a AT Phlox with Captain Archer tagline and a T'Pol deluxe set with a Reed soundchip rolleyes.gif So every toy company has these from time to time wink.gif Although I know some of you don't collect outside of the Star Trek spectrum, so how would you know? Hopefully AA/DST have gotten a handle on the situation, as this would put one more nail in the coffin for collectors. I'm sure that's the reasoning behind the pushback though, not to mention it will hit around con season.

#12 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

Honestly, I don't care about the package. I want the figure to be nice, which is why I picked the one with the picture on the box missing as the other one that had good packaging didn't have the best paint job. Of course, the problem with my Data is the hair piece doesn't fit flush but no way of knowing that. It'll fit flush if I cut the peg off and just glue it though.

#13 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

I had the same problem with my season 7 data. I eventualy cut the peg off and glued it on and it looks fine from the front now. Still sticks out a little in the back. My CoC data fits perfect though.

#14 Bender

Bender

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

I say lets just all open them and then there won't be a problem. biggrin.gif I find it hard to think of anyone as a toy collector that keeps them in the package. A row of figures in the package on a wall looks silly to me. If it was rare then maybe, but otherwise, open them all.

#15 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Bender @ Mar 26 2007, 06:29 PM) View Post
I say lets just all open them and then there won't be a problem. biggrin.gif I find it hard to think of anyone as a toy collector that keeps them in the package. A row of figures in the package on a wall looks silly to me. If it was rare then maybe, but otherwise, open them all.

huh.gif Ouch!
I have a shelf that has all the TNG crew opened and displayed, and directly above them on all are the Nemesis versions of them. Personally, I think it looks nice (having my figures on the wall) and I think of myself as a toy collector.

#16 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 27 2007, 08:47 AM) View Post
huh.gif Ouch!
I have a shelf that has all the TNG crew opened and displayed, and directly above them on all are the Nemesis versions of them. Personally, I think it looks nice (having my figures on the wall) and I think of myself as a toy collector.

Indeed.

I open everything as well...but just from seeing some of the amazing MIB/MOC shelf displays, I would never say it was 'silly' to do so.
Was it FHC or JMW or someone who has the really cool shelf display?

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

I open as well so I don't get the big deal over packaging. I mean, it is the figure you are after right? I guess that MOC collectors see things differently. To me a figure is just a piece of plastic in a container unless it is taken out and played with.

#18 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 26 2007, 06:11 PM) View Post
Indeed.

I open everything as well...but just from seeing some of the amazing MIB/MOC shelf displays, I would never say it was 'silly' to do so.
Was it FHC or JMW or someone who has the really cool shelf display?

Oh I don't know it might have been me. The only problem is that this shelf does not hold them all. There is now a 2nd one not in the photo. I have always been silly. biggrin.gif

#19 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

A lot of people consider the packaging to be a big part of the presentation for the figure. I think that's very true. The company's spend a lot of time and money designing the packaging, so they must consider it a major selling point as well.

The way I solve the question of whether to open or not, is to just buy extras. That way, you can have it both ways. wink.gif

#20 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 27 2007, 11:56 AM) View Post
Oh I don't know it might have been me. The only problem is that this shelf does not hold them all. There is now a 2nd one not in the photo. I have always been silly. biggrin.gif

Yep...it was you biggrin.gif

Very cool FHC.

You don't have a Deluxe T'Pol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users