BSG "Blood and Chrome"

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Sep 28 2011, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UHG !!!! Web series !!! Horrible news.... I hope this just turns out to be a false report. I was really looking forward to this one.

This.

#22 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Sep 23 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like blood and chrome is getting pushed back to next yr. there are even talks of just making it a web series.....sad sad.gif
I had a bad feeling about BSG: B&C when it dropped off of the radar awhile back, this doesn't look good.

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Sep 24 2011, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a web series would be terrible mainly because im sure they wouldnt put a lot of resources into it.
That's my concern as well. NBC/Universal has hired Bryan Singer to direct a BSG theatrical film trilogy based off of the 1979 BSG, so I have to admit, I've been worried about BSG: B&C for awhile now. The idea of relegating it to the domain of "web series" makes me think that they'd cancel it if they weren't afraid that they'd drive away their audience entirely. There's no reason a BSG TV series and the BSG films can't coexist with one another; someone at NBC/Universal needs to wake up here. A web series is the last thing that I want to see.

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Sep 27 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UHG !!!! Web series !!! Horrible news.... I hope this just turns out to be a false report. I was really looking forward to this one.
I second this. Of course, Mortal Kombat: Rebirth is proof that a web series can be excellent, but it's the exception rather than the rule. The people producing MK:R knew what they were doing, and managed to actually get Universal to start production of a third MK theatrical film. Still, the idea of making B&C a web series seems like an insult to the fans who've been waiting for it for so long now. It felt like NBC/Universal decided to cancel Caprica rather than rework it, because they knew that B&C was right around the corner. Now B&C isn't right around the corner, and to add insult to injury, it might not even make its way to TV.

I generally despise web series' for three reasons, but key among them are the following:

1. Most feel as if little effort was put into them, with some obvious exceptions, (See MK:R above)
2. One word: BUFFERING
3. Streaming video is of lower quality than broadcast/cablecast video, and far lower quality than physical media formats; it needs to be in order to "stream" over the web. Furthermore, instead of being able to watch the video on my 42" TV set, I'm lucky if I'm able to watch it on my 17" computer monitor at my desk

I really hope NBC/Universal sees streaming as a mistake and doesn't take that route for B&C; I probably wouldn't watch the series if they did.

#23 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Bear McCreary announced on facebook a few days ago that he just finished the score the two hour pilot of blood and chrome. So that means it has been green lighted and not in limbo anymore and its looking more and more like its gonna be a series on tv and webisodes.

#24 admiralsands

admiralsands

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Teaser trailer is up

Blood and Chrome Teaser Trailer

#25 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

2 much cgi for me but it look good.

#26 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

looks awesome

#27 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yes, it does look awesome. Ive been following this for a long time so Im pretty excited.

#28 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Syfy executives are now saying that they are planning on just airing the pilot and then seeing what to do with it from there. Every since syfy switched to vampires and wrestling they seem less commited to scifi. I bet if blood and chrome had vampires and wwe wrestlers in it theyd air the hell out of that show.

#29 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Mar 27 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet if blood and chrome had vampires and wwe wrestlers in it theyd air the hell out of that show.

Edward from Twilight & Hulk Hogan flying around in Vipers? Hell no! laugh.gif

If by some miracle the show does well & DST decided to do figures....they had better squeeze in a 2-pack of Laura Roslin & Gaius Baltar.

#30 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

better watch out they may just happen to have hulk hogan do a pop in during the pilot episode as a caprican wrestler lmao

#31 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Maybe Edward was a failed and rejected Cylon model that after the entire line was wiped and destroyed, they never spoke of them again lol XD

#32 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Mar 26 2012, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Syfy executives are now saying that they are planning on just airing the pilot and then seeing what to do with it from there. Every since syfy switched to vampires and wrestling they seem less commited to scifi. I bet if blood and chrome had vampires and wwe wrestlers in it theyd air the hell out of that show.
SyFy's quality took a nosedive after they made that horrendous name change. (I enjoy pronouncing SyFy like "Syphallis," but changing the "allis" to "ee," out of protest and encourage others to do the same.) They need to quit frakin' around with this show and greenlight the whole production already. The entire reason Caprica tanked was that they ran it at a glacial pace and killed it's ability to survive. The whole "show the pilot long before the show" idiocy is part of the reason many fans couldn't find Caprica to begin with; several assumed SyFy dropped the project after the pilot was released on DVD, and never came back to the show afterwards. Then we had the whole "drag out the first season" mess that didn't help things, culminating in the cancellation that really felt like it was done "because BSG: B&C is right around the corner." Now SyFy is making the exact same mistake with B&C that they made with Caprica and protracted development. Pick up the pilot and then make a big push, but don't tease us with a show that might not get picked up. A huge cap between a finale and a premiere is one thing; a huge cap between a pilot and the second episode is quite another.

QUOTE (Artistix @ Mar 27 2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edward from Twilight & Hulk Hogan flying around in Vipers? Hell no! laugh.gif

Aww...why'd ya have to go and give them ideas. tongue.gif If SyFy feels the compulsion to include a wrestler in B&C, they should at least go for Dwane "don't call him 'The Rock'" Johnson; he wasn't half bad on Voyager, and I could see him as someone capable of believably trouncing a few Cylons as part of the colonial forces.

I still can't believe that SyFy managed to bungle this franchise as badly as they have; Caprica needed a few tweaks, not a cancellation, and the handling of B&C is disgraceful; first it was a series, than it was websiodes, now it's a pilot that might get picked up if SyFy is happy with the results. Is it just me or does it feel like they're going out of their way to NOT produce this series?

#33 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I cant imagine the constraints SyFy is under if companies like Fox debate picking up shows like Terra Nova and Alcatraz. The fact of the matter is advertising has dried up for networks and there is no money to produce TV shows of any kind let alone high priced sci-fi shows. Reality TV with its low cost and sporting events are the only two types of programming that have proven to still be viable on a live viewing basis that advertising needs. Its a sad state of affairs and i hope the TV execs figure it out because TV is pretty much completely useless if you want to watch anything new.

On a side note, I am a wrestling fan, and the sci-fi people really need to get over having it on "their" station. Its the highest rated program on the station and is bringing much needed $ to the network. If they had a few more hours of it maybe they could finance projects like Blood and Chrome.

#34 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Apr 14 2012, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant imagine the constraints SyFy is under if companies like Fox debate picking up shows like Terra Nova and Alcatraz. The fact of the matter is advertising has dried up for networks and there is no money to produce TV shows of any kind let alone high priced sci-fi shows. Reality TV with its low cost and sporting events are the only two types of programming that have proven to still be viable on a live viewing basis that advertising needs. Its a sad state of affairs and i hope the TV execs figure it out because TV is pretty much completely useless if you want to watch anything new.

On a side note, I am a wrestling fan, and the sci-fi people really need to get over having it on "their" station. Its the highest rated program on the station and is bringing much needed $ to the network. If they had a few more hours of it maybe they could finance projects like Blood and Chrome.

.....seriously dude? We need to "get over it". No Im sorry Im not going to get over the fact that there was once a channel that I actually enjoyed watching in the mist of corny "reality" tv shows and alpha male grunting sports channels. I remember when they would run scifi shows all day. I remember when they would have marathons of a show all throughout the day and then you were geared up for the prime time stuff like stargate sg-1 atlantis and Battlestar Galactic. I mean sorry if this offends you but wwe "wrestling" is the most moronic thing I have seen in my life. when they changed the name to syfy and starting putting the moron fest called "wrestling" on that channel they destroyed any hope for me and many other that there would ever been a decent scifi show on that channel again. The executives alienated there fan base in exchange for money. "wrestling" is there highest rated show because they went out of there way to make sure thats the only show really worth a damn to the mainstream by running ad after ad after ad for it and cutting the budget on anything scifi. Quite frankly I call it the moron channel now. Other channels like HBO, AMC, Showtime, have shown they know what it takes to make a good show.

#35 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

wow...

#36 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I was a wrestler for 3 or 4 years.

My friends find it moronic TV....but they think the same thing of Star Trek. biggrin.gif

#37 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Tomparis @ Apr 15 2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....seriously dude? We need to "get over it". No Im sorry Im not going to get over the fact that there was once a channel that I actually enjoyed watching in the mist of corny "reality" tv shows and alpha male grunting sports channels. I remember when they would run scifi shows all day. I remember when they would have marathons of a show all throughout the day and then you were geared up for the prime time stuff like stargate sg-1 atlantis and Battlestar Galactic. I mean sorry if this offends you but wwe "wrestling" is the most moronic thing I have seen in my life. when they changed the name to syfy and starting putting the moron fest called "wrestling" on that channel they destroyed any hope for me and many other that there would ever been a decent scifi show on that channel again. The executives alienated there fan base in exchange for money. "wrestling" is there highest rated show because they went out of there way to make sure thats the only show really worth a damn to the mainstream by running ad after ad after ad for it and cutting the budget on anything scifi. Quite frankly I call it the moron channel now. Other channels like HBO, AMC, Showtime, have shown they know what it takes to make a good show.

I agree with everything above, except that while I don't find wrestling moronic, I do however find it moronic to have it on a channel that was supposed to be a mainly science fiction channel, back before they apparently forgot how to spell the channel's name.

-Kyp

#38 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Yes, a two hour block of TV ruined a whole network. Thats 1% of the entire networks weekly programming. Were you also upset when they ran infomercials too? The whole argument is absurd. Even if you wanted to argue that it takes up valuable "prime time" slots (7-10) this 2 hour block still only represents 9% of the overall prime time viewing slots. Lets see a a 1% to 9% trade off to get much needed ratings and commercial dollars to a network within a larger family of networks...thats not something we want! We need "24" hours of scifi programming. Maybe the real issue was that people simply werent watching the network and they needed to find a way to justify staying on a cable package. If thats the case maybe someone other than wrestling is to blame...

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

I got to tell you, some of those movies they showed, The Black Hole for example, were really bad.

#40 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Kyp Durron @ Apr 28 2012, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with everything above, except that while I don't find wrestling moronic, I do however find it moronic to have it on a channel that was supposed to be a mainly science fiction channel, back before they apparently forgot how to spell the channel's name.

-Kyp

Yep, my feelings exactly. Which is why I'm glad I got rid of expanded cable and went down to basic cable and Netflix once we made the leap to blurays. I kind of feel that wrestling would be better suited for the Spike channel or maybe its own channel myself. Sci-Fi channel should stick to science fictions and fantasy programming. I'm not sure if they lost the licensing to some of their programming or what, but I miss the days when I could watching Dark Shadows back in the day. Back on topic, I do kind of feel this is a rough cut of the show. It feels like something I'd see with a video game or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users