• Please log in to reply
1053 replies to this topic

#1021 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:01 AM

The chair arms indeed move, which is cool. I wish that spot for Khan's foot wasn't on the base.

It really was a stupid decision to put it there. Did they really think people needed a guide on how to put Khan on the base? He can only go one way.

#1022 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

just cut it off and repaint

#1023 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

just cut it off and repaint

The outline of his foot molded into the plastic, you can't just cut it off. It's recessed.

#1024 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

So Borg Select is next, I'm quite surprised it isn't someone we know, like the Borg Queen or 7 of 9. Perhaps being a generic Borg drone this will feature more articulation? Is anyone hoping for more articulation in this one? On par with their Marvel Select line maybe? Or is that wishful thinking.

#1025 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Spackel?

#1026 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

Spackel? Not sure what you mean?

There's a video from Shartimus Prime going round the TF booth and it's a blink and you'll miss it shot of both the Borg select and Reliant. The Borg Select figure looks to feature articulation as there's nothing dynamic about its pose. It's also an alcove base with what looks to be a cardboard backing which sucks a little as it would of been nice to see a fully sculpted piece. The Reliant is on a clear plastic base clearly not a final stand.

#1027 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Spackel? Not sure what you mean?

I believe it is a suggestion on how to fill in Khan's foothole on his display base.

#1028 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

So Borg Select is next, I'm quite surprised it isn't someone we know, like the Borg Queen or 7 of 9. Perhaps being a generic Borg drone this will feature more articulation? Is anyone hoping for more articulation in this one? On par with their Marvel Select line maybe? Or is that wishful thinking.

This would essentially be the first new figure they've put out in several years. I'm actually kind of excited about that. Probably a good choice too as it can be an army builder figure. Wasn't there a prototype one shown some time ago, perhaps this is just that one finally getting released?

#1029 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:01 AM

At one point DST tried to do a Borg wave... But they couldn't get enough pre-sales to go past the prototype / conception phase :-(

It was to have an alcove that you could build! 

Ahh.... to what could have been!

DMC10862.jpg

#1030 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

There was also to be, if memory serves, another wave as well, with the Borg queen, Locutus, an alternate Borg drone, and Seven of Nine in silver.

#1031 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

The Borg Select figure looks to feature articulation as there's nothing dynamic about its pose. It's also an alcove base with what looks to be a cardboard backing which sucks a little as it would of been nice to see a fully sculpted piece.

Hahaha...I wouldn't count the lack of dynamic pose as a sign of articulation with this line. They will probably just include and extra arm or different pair of legs that make no sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the cardboard back got scrapped by production.

#1032 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

It'd be cool if it came with an alcove. Khan coming with the whole captains chair makes me hope this select would have something cool.

I really don't care about this figure though, who wants a generic Borg select over another good character?

#1033 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

I really don't care about this figure though, who wants a generic Borg select over another good character?

Me! Me! ME!!!!!!
I actually want a few to round out my AA/DST Collective

#1034 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

It'd be cool if it came with an alcove. Khan coming with the whole captains chair makes me hope this select would have something cool.

From the tiny glimpse I caught, it seems as though it comes with the base of the alcove but the back is cardboard and there is no top to it. It certainly doesn't look as cool as the build an alcove that was going to come with their never released Borg wave.

I'm interested in it only if it's properly articulated to the same extent as their current Marvel Select, Ghostbusters Select, Gotham Select, Pirates of the Caribbean Select and so on...

Ball jointed head
Ab crunch
Ball jointed shoulders
Bicep swivel
Double jointed elbow
Ball and socket wrists
Wasit swivel
Thigh swivel
Double jointed knees
Ankle pivot

#1035 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

The AA Borg figures were pretty darn cool.

#1036 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

I got Khan and I like him. I do think the foot indent was a dumb design decision, to be honest. It kind of takes away from the sitting pose. The sitting pose works better, to me, when you attach his foot to the peg. So he doesn't float as bad. The red around the eyes is a bit over done on my figure. That being said, after the fairly vanilla TNG releases, this felt more like it. I wonder if DST has less faith in TNG as a property or something? I never quite got why the TOS offerings seem more elaborate? 

I'm happy to hear the Select line is ongoing. Even though a Borg will be fun, I was really hoping we'd see more TNG crew, at least. I feel like if they developed more than just one or two a year it'd have more momentum with fans.

32869012.jpg

32869010.jpg

#1037 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

Just picked up Worf for $13 on Amazon and added him to my Picard display.  Kinda pumped that the next figure is Borg. haha

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

#1038 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Great pic, JonWes! And nice setup, Tuvok!

The Borg is much more articulated, as I mentioned in the other thread. There will be bonus parts to customize him, but he will also be fully poseable. I don't know about an ab crunch -- he IS a Borg. I have never seen one crouch.

And the background was just there for the display, we may scrap it and simply include more parts.

#1039 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Zach. I'm really glad to hear that you guys are going with more articulation. When do we get to see a pic of it?

#1040 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

It's not in the July Previews, but hopefully it will be at SDCC. I want a big display there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users