Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#101 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:53 AM

I received my order of the Dress uniform Kirk and Spock, the new Romulan with a more screen accurate outfit, and regular Uhura. Dress uniform Kirk and Spock have more screen accurate Phaser and communicator color, not just blue like they are traditionally. I like having new Mego stuff coming out like this!

#102 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

So how are these things selling everywhere else?

At my nearest Target, the first assortment sold out entirely and pretty quickly. It seemed Gorn and Spock from the second wave came and went within the same week. The third assortment is lingering a bit longer. 

Are there any plans to offer Trek figures based on the other TV series?

#103 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Yes, there are supposed to be figures made from other Star Trek series as well. Target stores seem to have trouble stocking the different waves of Mego figures. The Target closest to me never got anything past Wave 1 and still have some of those still there. I believe most people had the most success with Target.com, which is where I got nearly all of mine through Wave 3. The wave 4 figures are not exclusive to Target and so many people order from BBTS, Toywiz,Cotswold and any number of other online retailers. I believe the Star Trek and Monsters figures have sold very well, other lines like Brady Bunch and Married with Children not so much. The ones that didn't sell well we're Target exclusive and most likely won't continue. I bought my Wave 4 Star Trek figures from Cotswold collectibles, set of 4 for $54.99. That translates to $13.72 each. Not a bad price In my opinion.

#104 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

I have made my order for wave four from bbts , but it hasnt arrived yet. I put it in the pile o loot invade I didnt have funds, but replaced it when it showed up! It didnt come with tracking, so I hope its on the way. The price was a bit less than regular target prices, right? (Sorry, Canada). I went to a comic expo, and found a Gorn, for the price of the two packs, and didnt have to pay shipping. He has been online for similar, but the shipping was almost the same price! Im caught up now, as soon as my order comes in. Where is the bridge crew??

#105 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:21 AM

There is news of the next wave that will be out sometime later this year, not sure exactly when yet though. There will be a green shirt Kirk with Tribbles, Regular shirt Spock with Tribbles and another Gorn with Glow in the dark features.Glow in the dark features are popular right now with Mego's monster series like Glow in the dark Frankenstein, Invisible Man and such. As far as Trek goes, The Trouble with Tribbles wave of the 3 figures I mentioned is the only other Star Trek news for 8" figures right now after wave 4. There were 14" Star Trek figures shown at Toy Fair but no word yet when they might appear for sale. Marty Abrams did say that mego has licensing rights for Next generation and DS9 so I expect we will see these going forward eventually.

#106 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

I ordered mine from Think Geek and they came in quick and in perfect shape.

I passed on the Romulan because I thought it was the same one.

But Kirk, Spock, and Uhura are outstanding.

I'm really digging this Mego line.

#107 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

The latest wave is up for preorder- Green shirt Kirk and Regular Spock with Tribbles and Gorn with Glow in the dark features.

#108 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

Canadians, I was looking at the Sunday pricing for Megos, nothing... at the bottom was a sponsored link for the new figures. Who would have thought, I could buy them at... the Bay. Well possibly only, theBay.ca as I used the chat feature to ask if Kirk was in stock, and it was hard to access the info. I will get to the main store in town to see if any made it to the shelves.
The website has, Elvis, the new trek figures and new monster figures. Ten figures in all for $22.99 each plus $8 shipping.
I entered four figures, and total shipping was $8

#109 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

I saw the MM Kirk/Spock Two pack in a Target today... so looks like some restocking is happening.

#110 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

I saw the MM Kirk/Spock Two pack in a Target today... so looks like some restocking is happening.

It would be great if all of the Targets would try to get all of the waves stocked, at least the current wave. The Target closest to me has never gotten anything newer than wave 1, and we are about to be in wave 6.

#111 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:11 PM

Looks like August will see, Wrath of Khan; Kirk Spock and Khan!
No word on the rest of the classic crew though

#112 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

So... I actually saw a Gorn on the Target Pegs today... I'm not really collecting them... but I picked it up just in case someone here wants it... offer it for Cost plus shipping... which was 13.90 (12.99 +tax)... if someone wants it give me a PM. 

#113 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:58 PM

I'm surprised you didn't get it for $6.48, many Mego figures are on sale right now at Target. They have been putting out inventory stored in the back for months and putting it on clearance. Target hasn't done a great job stocking their stores with Mego figures, but that may be changing in the coming months.

#114 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Looks like August will see, Wrath of Khan; Kirk Spock and Khan!
No word on the rest of the classic crew though

Scotty and McCoy from TOS will be out in the coming months.There will be a comic Con Mego exclusive Spock figure with multiple outfits and accessory set. The Wrath of Khan 8"figures "Admiral Kirk, Captain Spock and Khan will be released around August 15th.

#115 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:32 AM

I guess I was surprised to see any restock at all... the action Jackson figures were marked down... but the Gorn wasn't. I assumed that they were just clearing out overstock of the certain figures. Of course thats not good for Mego if they are clerancing them as they can get charged back the difference. 

I can always return it if no one wants it... I just thought maybe it was hard to find and someone could use it. 

#116 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:22 AM

I guess I was surprised to see any restock at all... the action Jackson figures were marked down... but the Gorn wasn't. I assumed that they were just clearing out overstock of the certain figures. Of course thats not good for Mego if they are clerancing them as they can get charged back the difference. 

I can always return it if no one wants it... I just thought maybe it was hard to find and someone could use it. 

Some figures we're mistakenly listed as "Star Wars" figures by Target and don't show the discounted price. The clearance prices may not have caught up to all Targets yet.That Gorn is a great figure, even better than the EMCE version a few years ago. If someone else doesn't get it from you, I may pick it up.

#117 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Clearance is different at all Targets. Each store has a budget and decides what they want to clearance. I did see some Mego's clearanced at half off at one of my local stores.

#118 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

I assume the flood of all the Mego Re-runs has deflated the DST/EMC figure values...

I noticed today that the Targets around me look like they have pulled them all... which likely means Mego will get a charge back. I do hope they made some money on them, but as a collectible... The future of them seems to be online only and not in retail stores. 

I would think the DST/EMC are more desirable for the collector due to the collector friendly cardback... but maybe I'm wrong. 

I was thinking that there was a nice value point for a $12.99 toy... when average price is now $20... but Target never got any of the super heroes... and I have to believe those would have sold through better than all the retro TV shows. 

#119 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

Target is going to move the Mego line from the toy section to the collectibles section where the Funko Pop figures and other pop culture stuff is at. They are clearancing out the current figures and will be carrying more Mego figures going forward. Mego will also be in other retail stores as well eventually. They are already in Toys R Us and Thinkgeek,and will be in more stores soon. There will be 8" superheroes in window boxes coming up soon. There will be many more 8" and 14" Star Trek figures , from movies and various Star Trek series. I don't see Mego being clearanced in Target as a bad thing,Target requested the lines that haven't done well and those lines won't be continued, but the lines that sold well will continue.

#120 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

They usually get charged back when they clearance merchandise. I just hope it isn't enough to kill the line... which has happened to others. 

Toys R Us isn't a player yet in the US market... they are only opening what 2 or 3 stores for the holiday? Think geek is online... which is why I said I think the future for them is online... EE and BBTS also... I'd assume amazon will cary them too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users