Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#61 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Thanks!

Anybody got a shelf date for Wave 3?

#62 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:09 PM

Anyone know if MEGO is continuing the line? Now I guess the deal with Target is over. Will they be going mainstream? I did notice that some figures did not indicate exclusive to Target.
Nothing appearing on eBay, no announcements from the fan club...

#63 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

I hope they continue the line. I've picked up all of the Star Trek Mego's and we need a Scotty, McCoy and Uhura in regular uniform now.

#64 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

I still haven't seen regular Spock or the Green shirt Kirk. The Romulan is falling off the pegs here. I've seen the gorn a few times too.

#65 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:17 PM

You have to order them from Target.com. I bought some of them on the Buy 2, get 1 free deal, not bad.

#66 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

I read that the Target exclusivity is now over and new Mego figures will appear at more retailers this year, no word yet on any new Star Trek figures but I would imagine they will come.

#67 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Now I wait for the news about which Star Trek figures would be in Wave 4!!

#68 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

Looks like more Mego for 2019! Horror themed figures like Freddy Krueger and more Frankenstein, Wolfman, Bella Lugosi, invisible Man plus a regular TOS Uhura.

#69 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

Where is the news coming from? I signed up to the insider, but dont even get any updates!
I thought Freddy was from Neca though

#70 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

Mego museum had the story and pictures.

#71 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:14 AM

Yes, thanks I found it afterwards. I think the Facebook page has a company soliciting,
Kirk and Spock in dress uniforms with black and gold accessories, Romulan in a better uniform, and duty uniform Uhura. I recall the site was soliciting cases of them for resale...
I also found, Joe Namath, Mohammad Ali, and... Farrah Fawcett in red bathing suit!!

#72 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, I like the Kirk and Spock dress uniforms, and those phasers look great!Spock has a Vulcan greeting hand! I really like the redone Romulan, can't wait to get that one to go with original Mego look Romulan. They really need to put out a McCoy and Scotty now. Maybe they will put out a sick bay outfit McCoy. Uhura looks great too. Looks like March 1 when they will be available. I expect to see Mego's showing up on a variety of websites now that they can buy wholesale from Mego now.

#73 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

My target stores are still full up on the first wave. Not moving at all in these parts. Is the full speed ahead rate of new figure announcements indicative of success, or is it a miscalculation of demand by Mego?

#74 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

A great deal of the most popular figures sold through Target.com and didn't seem to make it into the stores. In my opinion, the Star Trek figures have probably sold better than any of the other lines . I had to buy mine through Target.com because my Target is still full of Wave 1 figures too. I don't think Target did a very good job of getting these figures in the stores and hopefully with these being at other retailers now, it will be easier to get them.

#75 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

I think its too bad that they didnt make the updated phasers in the first place, or at least make them black. The Romulan could have been updated, since the Gorn is not original.
Sulu and Checkov have foil insignias, Spock has a silver printed one, and Kirk has a natural printed insignia and rank braids. Sadly they are all over the board with costuming.
Target still has exclusives, although I think its sports figures that are listed. Perhaps they can finish the Mirror line with McCoy and Scotty, in the sickbay. But what about Checkov and Moreau? The former doesnt need a sash, there are a few times that he forgot to wear his... What else will the future hold for Mego?

#76 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

I didn't realize they are selling a TON more licenses online... lots of DCU characters... and other stuff... which makes me think its odd they didn't get some of these in retailers like Walmart. 

The online prices are crazy IMO... $25 for these retro figures... the Target price I think is better.... half that.. but as others have said... the stores themselves seem to be moving them slowly. 

But hey if these are your bag... go get 'em! 

#77 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

If they made the 8" DC heroes I would get those but I have no interest in 14" versions of these figures. I am only interested in the Star Trek Mego's unless they release the Planet of the Apes Mego's again, probably get those.

#78 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

They are... thats what I was saying... go to entertainment earth... they must have 60 SKUs for the super friends collection in 8".

#79 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Gothneo, I may be wrong, but the entertainment earth figures are from another company. They produce Mego-like figures, which were great, since they were put out when there was no Mego. They have the 8&12 licences, so Mego had to get a new scale, I dont want to get that one either. Also, DST, might own the 8 rights to Spider-Man, et al too.
I think it would have been cool, if the Bif Bam Pow figures style shirts were the way that Mego went, but not the boots!

#80 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

Oh, and if thats not what you meant...
Why is Mego Trek redoing DST/Emce figures? Unless they do the projected future releases from dst. I know Emce is Mr. Abrams work too. I have only opened the new Mego though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users