USS Enterprise A

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Looks like we'll be getting a USS Enterprise A!!!!

Some requirements for me to buy this are...

NO TRANSLUCENT PLASTICS!!!!!!

Built with the same quality plastic as the Klingon Bird of Prey and Enterprise B

Awesome sound FX (pretty much a given since DST are awesome at sounds)

No/or near to no light bleed :)

USS ENTERPRISE A

#2 JamesCannon1701

JamesCannon1701

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek ....

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hopefully DST wont mess up and use the same SFX as they did with Nemesis & First Contact Enterprises.

If thes 1701-A screams KHAAAAAAAAAAAN it wont be worth the money.

#3 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

I'm hoping they won't either. Never occurred to me that they would since DST Chuck has said this would need to be stripped back and reworked to be in line with the Diamond Select fleet as it is now since the A was done before DST was on the scene. 

I'm really hoping they treat this as a totally new ship and bring it in line with the QUALITY of the Klingon Bird of Prey and the Enterprise B because their Wrath of Khan Enterprise is complete rubbish. 

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Please don't screw this one up DST! I've wanted one for years but I'm not willing to pay the prices that are wanted on the secondary market, Please give us an opaque hull, very light weathering, and sound FX and voice clips from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Please. Please also note I was considering buying the recently re-release of the TWOK Enterprise, even though I already own the original. Then I seen the reviews come on of the terrible light bleed, and paint apps, and I held onto my money and passed in favor of keeping my original refit. I need this Enterprise-A badly! 

PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP!!! I BEG OF YOU!!

#5 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Dont get me wrong I would love to see the A if the paint is fixed from the other one, but we really need to see some brand new ships at this point.  They have to start doing a better job of sticking that carrot in front of the horse.

#6 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Zach has said this before. Without re-releasing old ships, there would be no new ships and lets not forget that DST have the USS Excelsior coming out this fall and will HAVE to take the Enterprise A back to bare bones in order to update it for their own Starship legends line.

My worry is that because they could easily do it using the same mould and plastics from their WoK Enterprise that it'll have the same horrendous problems that ship has - translucent plastic from internal and external light sources.

If DST want my money they'll have to start from scratch with new, better plastics and a new Undiscovered Country sound FX chip. If they did all that then this would be a new ship.

I think we'll see or know of the new ship after the Excelsior in due course and my money is on either the Reliant or the Defiant from DS9

#7 benlurkin

benlurkin

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

I will admit to being a little disappointed when the Ent-A pics from the SDCC floor started to hit.  But then I realized I could finally stop kicking myself for passing on the AA Ent-A all those years ago.

Plus, if they use a fresh A mold to backdoor us a new (perhaps a STIII) refit Enterprise this could be a surprisingly interesting development.  I know we were all hoping for a new ship to be next but a Refit in the quality of the Ent-B or even better the KBoP?  I'd take that.

Now that I'm thinking about it ponder all the variant options... ST:V or VI, a Yorktown (highly unlikely but you never know), a battle damaged STIII (with refit paint job).  Could be a pretty good holdover until the next new ship.  <_<

This is all assuming that as previously stated this would be "an all new Enterprise" of course.

#8 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

DST Chuck said in one of the Ask DST that if they did do a re-release of the A that they would treat it as a new ship just for the fact that it was released prior to DST taking over so they would treat it as a completely new ship

#9 benlurkin

benlurkin

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

It may just have been here on the boards but it feels like DST has said that several times now, Mike. I sure hope that's the case.  I was really disappointed with my 2013 TWOK refit (as an owner of the prior TWOK already).

#10 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

I seriously hope that DST do treat it as a new ship. My feeling is that they will use the mould from the Wrath of Khan Enterprise (which was also the mould for the very first USS Enterprise A from Art Asylum) but hopefully changing the quality of the plastic they pour into that mould?

#11 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm excited about this ship! I hope it comes out great. The A always seems to get put in the back seat compared to other Es. Probably because it didn't see a lot of action on screen compared to the others. Being in only one movie will do that I guess....

Sorry but I kind of act live STV didn't happen. Undiscovered Country is pretty much the coming out party for the A in my book.

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm excited about this ship! I hope it comes out great. The A always seems to get put in the back seat compared to other Es. Probably because it didn't see a lot of action on screen compared to the others. Being in only one movie will do that I guess....
Sorry but I kind of act live STV didn't happen. Undiscovered Country is pretty much the coming out party for the A in my book.

The A has had more love then the C, that's the real ignored Enterprise.

I'm also quite excited for the A, if I remember right I thought the original release had better plastic, it just lacked the detailing of the TWOK Enterprise.

#13 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Slightly larger picture:

1003326_602923056418622_184817006_n.jpg

Lol, coming out party... "You guessed it, guys, I'm A!"

EDIT:

Moar pictures. From CoolToyReview:

SDCC_2013_Diamond_Select_Toys_Friday-019

SDCC_2013_Diamond_Select_Toys_Friday-020

I'm loving the detail on the secondary hull, and that powdery-white finish is just right.

#14 benlurkin

benlurkin

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hmm:

dst_fb_ent_a-80276426.jpg?ts=1374342383

I do want to be positive about the prospects of this ship but... we'll see I guess!

#15 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I want to believe.... LOL   .....  Let's hope they do it right !!!

#16 benlurkin

benlurkin

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

i_want_to_believe_01-47725891.jpg?ts=137

Maybe we should rename this thread:

USS Enterprise A: We want to believe!

:D

#17 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hmm:

dst_fb_ent_a-80276426.jpg?ts=1374342383

I do want to be positive about the prospects of this ship but... we'll see I guess!

Whats funny is that was a  reply to what I posted about wanting new ships.

#18 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

FX should be different because none of the FX from the WoK Enterprise will make sense on the A

#19 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

DST Zack is a good man. He is a fan as well. He knows first hand from talking to us that we have high standards. He's busy with Comic Con right now, but when he gets back he can read all the comments on The Enterprise A. I'm confident he will take these comments to DST Chuck and make sure that the mistakes made with the re-issued refit won't be made with the Enterprise-A. I trust you, buddy. Please give us a starship we will be proud to display with our fleets.

#20 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, I love the A. This one I definitely want!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users