• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Feb 10 2007, 06:18 PM)  

Wow, I'm floored! ohmy.gif
Early season TNG and DS9?!
TWOK figs are cool, but I'm with VF because I was really hoping to see Spock. Oh well, still good stuff. smile.gif

I'm sure Spock will be in the next regular wave of TWOK. Remember what the article said, these TWOK figures that are being shown are being done like last year's MM set, as SDCC exclusives. Although I'm sure they will be readily available after the con, like the MM figures, they probably wanted to save Spock for a larger, general release.

#22 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

Ok, Lots of surprises! I love it! If they would round out Dax's head I think she would look tons better, but I am still psyched about her. I can't believe DST is gonna tease us with s1 Picard and Riker and then leave us hanging. The rest MUST be on their way!

#23 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

DSTChuck did say they weren't going to do too much with the early TNG uniforms. So don't get your hopes up. Although that might just mean "we'll see how these do in sales before we decide to make more". They have to at least make Tasha, though. They have to. You can't make S1 Picard and Riker without at least making Tasha even if you don't make anyone else.

Also, anyone notice that is actually the S2-7 chair, and not the S1 chair? Although Picard was pretty much the same in S2 as he was in S1 so it's not like it makes a difference. And, if you want an S2 Riker, you can always do a headswap with S7 or Thomas Riker

I hope the early season figures come with dustbuster phasers.

#24 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

Figures.com has their Trek Gallery up. We get to see the Kirk/Khan two pack, minimates, and the FC/Nemesis uniforms.

#25 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:34 PM

Oh my! I may have to start collecting figures now! spock2.gif

#26 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

IPB Image

Leonard could not be done any better!! No phasers shown though, while DS9 stuff was shown. Heck, even Sisko has a baseball!

#27 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

First Season Riker?! ohmy.gif Now that one came out of left field for me! Another item for the ol' wish list.

#28 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Feb 11 2007, 12:43 PM)  

DSTChuck did say they weren't going to do too much with the early TNG uniforms. So don't get your hopes up. Although that might just mean "we'll see how these do in sales before we decide to make more". They have to at least make Tasha, though. They have to. You can't make S1 Picard and Riker without at least making Tasha even if you don't make anyone else.

It would be nice to see S1 versions of Wesley & Deanna as well.

But I agree Tasha is the most important if they are going to make any more.

#29 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

Yeah. Even if they dont do anyone else in S1 or S2 style, I'd hope they would at least do Tasha. They can do three variants of her as part of a wave: S1, YE, and Sela.

#30 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

New closeups from action-figure
Though 1st season Picard and Riker are mysteriously missing. mellow.gif

#31 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:22 AM

Its to bad that Paul Winfield passed away sad.gif . I think he would have like to see the figure of him, its a near perfect likeness.

spock2.gif

#32 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

Looks like we may be getting three ships (TOS Enterprise, MOV Enterprise and BD Enterprise E) But it does look like the same old stand for the MOV Enterprise however.

http://74.52.193.82/...?g2_itemId=2695

#33 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

This is too much for words to explain. First I get the mirror universe and now all of this?! I just hope this line has some legs on it because I would love this pace of releases to keep up. Pretty much if they dont make the first season a complete set i will be custominzing the hell out of it. Im so glad i decided to get into this whole sar trek line when Toyfare did their whole photo guide. Thank you toyfare!!

#34 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:52 AM

OK. Here are my remarks.

First of all, the black line on McCoy's uniform doesn't stop in the middle of the jacket. It should.
Secondly, Checkov's shoulderstrap with rank is missing.
Thirdly, McCoy's head is too wide at the top. Compare with the right picture, where I have PhotoShopped McCoy's head to the way it should be.

IPB Image

#35 thecapn

thecapn

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:07 AM

Just noticed something I haven't heard anyone mention yet...it looks like we're getting a pilot version TOS Enterprise! There's two different in-packaging shots shown on action-figure, and the second one's got the gray markings on the top of the saucer like in the pilot version...can't see the nacelle tips (the dead giveaway) in the package, but it's something!

Oh, and it says at the bottom, "Where No Man Has Gone Before."

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=2693

While I like what I'm seeing, does anyone find it strange that there's no mention of the Crusher wave? This is now the second Toyfair recently (after the UK Toyfair) where we really haven't seen any pics of them.

#36 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Feb 11 2007, 09:52 AM)  

OK. Here are my remarks.

First of all, the black line on McCoy's uniform doesn't stop in the middle of the jacket. It should.
Secondly, Checkov's shoulderstrap with rank is missing.
Thirdly, McCoy's head is too wide at the top. Compare with the right picture, where I have PhotoShopped McCoy's head to the way it should be.

I noticed Chekov's strap missing, and I assumed it fell off the prototype. These are rough.

Nice catch on the McCoy uniform discrepancy.

#37 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(thecapn @ Feb 11 2007, 09:07 AM)  

Just noticed something I haven't heard anyone mention yet...it looks like we're getting a pilot version TOS Enterprise! There's two different in-packaging shots shown on action-figure, and the second one's got the gray markings on the top of the saucer like in the pilot version...can't see the nacelle tips (the dead giveaway) in the package, but it's something!

Oh, and it says at the bottom, "Where No Man Has Gone Before."

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=2693

While I like what I'm seeing, does anyone find it strange that there's no mention of the Crusher wave? This is now the second Toyfair recently (after the UK Toyfair) where we really haven't seen any pics of them.

Action-figure.com had this to mention in their Trek coverage ...

The Enterprise will be made available in a number of film and episode-specific forms; including the versions featured in

#38 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

first season picard and riker?!

*grabs a tissue and wipes eye* FINALLY! biggrin.gif

can't wait to see first season worf, I hope they do his head like it was in the 1st season. Its funny how his head seemed to change every or every other season lol

#39 Bizza

Bizza

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

Picard & chair! excellent biggrin.gif

Just hope it dosen't suffer for the same production issues and the Kirk chair set did.

TWOK figures are also looking very cool.

#40 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:27 PM

That 1701 Refit looks sooo amazing! Finally, it's been released with the paint apps right!!! We also finally get packaging shots of the TOS Ent!!!! I may look into that BD Refit 1701, but only if they do the Reliant and a BD variant of that one as well. Despite all of you nit pickers complaints, I love the TWOK action figures! I want them all!!! We do need Spock, though. If we get a Pilot TOS Ent, then I'll probably be getting that one as well. The BD Enterprise E is pretty lame, but the only way I'll be impressed by that is if they do a variant of it with the front end smashed in. All I have to say, however, is that I am so happy. 2007 belongs to Trek. There is so much great stuff coming out this year that I am just about to have a heart failure!
Maybe with the 1701 Refit, they will do another run of the Enterprise A. The only problem I see with that is them having to dig up new sound effects yet again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users