#1 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:09 AM

Got my Nemesis Geordi and to cut things short:
The figure is great! smile.gif

He does not stand out too much from the rest of the Nemesis crew when displayed.
The color of the shoulders is of course off, but not as much as the earlier pictures indicated.
Much had to do with the lightning of the photos... its more bluish than grey, but its ok...

Ok, the zipper is missing, but I can live with it... even that detail doesn't make him stand out too much.

On the other hand:
The combadge is gigantic... dunno why, but maybe small plastic-people need big big badges... wink.gif
...and its not correctly adjusted.

For detailed comparison take a look at following pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

LoT

#2 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

Wow that com badge is huge. From the looks of it, no zipper, huge com badge, short, not to mention the different paint apps, I would have to assume that this figure, and the whole Data/Laforge wave was scupted by another studio. He looks OK but not great. Thanks for then pics LoT.

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:01 AM

Well, I like every shot of him. I am not cheerleading either. I really like him. I think his height is okay from looking at TNG footage (he was tiny) and the bigger combadges (while a bit overdone) are better in my opinion.

I like the way they made his eyes come alive. All together, nice figure.

#4 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 5 2007, 08:01 AM) View Post

and the bigger combadges (while a bit overdone) are better in my opinion.

Maybe he's overcompensating for something. wink.gif

#5 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the pics LoT. Great stuff. I agree he looks like he will be able to hang out with the rest of the Nemesis crew without too many problems.
But I will say this - I hope DST does not drop the ball on Data and Crusher.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:58 AM

He looks better with the rest of the figures than I imagined, which is a relief. The only thing that really sticks out is the combadge.

#7 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

as with the rest of the TNG figures: Not impressed.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

He does look better next to the others than I expected. The comm badge is odd though. Lets hope they fix the zipper thing before DS9 gets here.

#9 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 5 2007, 06:29 PM) View Post

The comm badge is odd though.

Yes, it does look strange, doesn't it?
I rasorbladed it off and superglued it back on, so that its - at least - correctly positioned and not turned sideways by several degrees.

LoT

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:10 AM

I'm setting here looking at mine and I think that it looks much better in person then in photos.

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

I agree FHC! He looks really good. The grey on Geordi is only slightly different than Riker. I don't think his eyes are oversized.

One other thing that hasn't been mentioned, I don't think, is that the comm badge (at least on mine) is an entirely sculpted piece on its own. It looks to be glued onto his chest and pokes out a little. I like the bigger comm badges as it gives more detail, but I just it was cool that it was a separate piece.

#12 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 6 2007, 12:10 PM) View Post

I'm setting here looking at mine and I think that it looks much better in person then in photos.

Yep, exactly my thinking...
There is a big difference between the 1st photos I saw of the actual figure out and in package, and the figure, when you hold it in your hands.
I don't know, how this can be, but it is. Even my own pictures don't do justice to the figure...
Its simply better IRL than on a photo... Strange things happen, do they?!

About the comm badge:
slayerone76, I have the same impression that you have, as if the badge was glued onto the body... but it isn't, because while razorblading it off, I saw, that it clearly was part of the sculpt... but stangely attached to the body... like they added this detail long after the body was done... and I have not seen any figure, that hadn't the comm badge tilted a little bit to the left...

Anyway: I like my Geordi... wink.gif

LoT

#13 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:43 AM

If it is a seperate piece then it can be fixed to look more like the rest of the crew. wink.gif

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

Has anyone heard anything from DST about these shipping yet?

#15 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

#16 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

That would be pretty cool to get 1701. Mine will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait.

#17 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

Are the ones we ordered from DST last week numbered? I thought the numbered ones were only at the NYCC and these are just run-of-the-mill. I don't really care one way or the other, but I guess I won't open one of them if the number's nice. tongue.gif

#18 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

My DST figures are scheduled to arrive Thursday. Wouldn't surprise me if others get them tomorrow. We should be able to find out the numbering scheme then. I'm guessing the DST inventory is from the 1,701.

#19 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

I just got my package from DST tonight (again, like New Force, I'm close enough to the warehouse that I get my shipments within a day from DST). Yes, these are numbered. They are from the same run as the NYCC figures. I think these were just held back from the con to sell on the website or leftovers that didn't sell out at the con. One thing that sets these apart from numbered figures in the past is that the numbering is done on the labeleing on the inside of the package rather than the sticker that was stuck on past exclusives

I received numbers 800 and 886. These look very good in person. Much, much better than the photos suggest. I'm probably going to order a couple more if they are still around in a couple of weeks since he doesn't look out of place with the other figures. Better yet, if New Force ends up getting some, I might order from Rick.

#20 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

With the latest ATD put to bed, I can safely say that everyone will receive a numbered figure from the DST store. For more on this, be on the lookout for Round 4 to be hitting the members only section anytime now wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users