Photo

Bridge changes from one movie to another?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

Has there ever been a reason or story as to why from move to movie bridge colors and or looks change?  In ST3 the Bird of Prey seems to have its command chair raised and the whole bridge seemed smaller.  ST4 the bridge is moved around to almost look like a Federation ship.  The bridge of the Enterprise in ST4 is all white almost.  In ST5 the bridge is mostly tan.  Im a stickler for little things like that.  Ive always wondered this and this is the first time Ive had a place to ask.

#2 Fat Valentino

Fat Valentino

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Custom Ships and Playsets

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Probably the most distracting example was the USS Excelsior, which in Star Trek III seems more advanced than Starfleet Headquarters. I remember some explanation in the old 1980's technical manual "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise" that said the bridge on Federation ships was modular, and that different, mission specific bridge configurations could be plugged into the top of the ship as needed. Seems a little far out to me...

#3 malloc64

malloc64

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

The in-universe answer is what Valentino mentioned: the reason why the bridge is located in such a vulnerable external position is that the entire bridge module is a modular component that can easily be swapped out depending on the needs of the missions and/or preferences of the captain.

The real reason: they took down the bridge sets after each movie.  Different teams built each set each time with different budgets under the direction of different directors with differing aesthetic tastes.

#4 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Thanks to both of you for the reply.  I was looking on Amazon and saw a Bird of Prey manual.  It lets you read a little bit of it.  It does mention something about Kruges bridge being different then the others based off of preference.

#5 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Has there ever been a reason or story as to why from move to movie bridge colors and or looks change?  In ST3 the Bird of Prey seems to have its command chair raised and the whole bridge seemed smaller.  ST4 the bridge is moved around to almost look like a Federation ship.  The bridge of the Enterprise in ST4 is all white almost.  In ST5 the bridge is mostly tan.  Im a stickler for little things like that.  Ive always wondered this and this is the first time Ive had a place to ask.

the bridge of the B.O.P was totally changed for movie 4 I think it was so it could be shot better. With the elevated cap. Chair and size of the bridge it would seem that the new layout  was easier to film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users