Photo

Battlestar Galactica Action Figures!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

Ok , This is the greatest action figure news since Stargate figures. DST is now going to be producing action figures based off of the new BSG. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Here is the article BSG

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

I'm in for these. I hate to see the move to Sunday for the show as I wonder if that is bad news for the future.

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

I hope they make the classic BSG figures as well. I am not to sure that i will get into the new BSG figures, besides the expense, the exclusives thing drives me crazy. If i start collecting a line besides Star Trek, it will probably be SG1. If they make the original BSG, i will definitly buy all of them too.

#4 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Man, what is DST not doing?

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

This is great news!

They state the first wave hits this summer, though. With DST's release patterns, we probably won't see these until the holidays. Or next year. wink.gif

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

I would love for them to do the originals too but I am just as happy with the new ones (maybe we can get some originals as varients of the new ones). I wonder who they got to do the sculpts? It would be great if they had the same people that do the Stargate stuff do BSG as well. Although with them pairing up with AA for alot of the other BSG stuff (minimates and resin ships) it may be them. Any way I am very excited about these.

#7 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

As I said in another forum, awesome news gang and thank you DST. Look's like we might have to change the name of the forum before too long to Sci-Fi Toys FHC, if DST keeps this up. Since I record the show, the Sunday night switch hasn't affected me yet. Like Heroes, I'll record a few and watch them on the weekend with the Mrs. Definately hope that DST will have both classic and modern figures on the shelves before too long. Since they have them with the Minimates, I don't see this being much different. And considering the many ways I can get the exclusives, I'm not going to sweat the small stuff with DST. As long as I continue to have the sources I do with them, DST can go nuts for all I care.

#8 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

djparty.gif
ohmy.gif

happy.gif

WOOHOOOO!!!!
It has finally happened! My gods, what great news! I can't wait to see who is coming first, roll on ToyFair!!!!

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jan 23 2007, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok , This is the greatest action figure news since Stargate figures.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree and say best frakkin' action figure news ever!!! biggrin.gif wink.gif

Thank you DST!!!

P.S.- Is AA making these? The press release on Diamond's site doesn't mention them, but other sites do. Add to that, the fact that they say ships and figures when AA already has done 1 ship. Hmmm....

#9 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:07 AM

They might mean ships like the Trek ones and not statues like the first release was.

I'm hoping it is definitely AA that does the figures and I'm also hoping AA does these in scale and style as the TNG figures.

#10 Bizza

Bizza

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:42 AM

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, apologies if it has.

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles, LLC (DST) is proud to announce a licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group to manufacture action figures and ships based on the SCI FI Channel hit original series, Battlestar Galactica. Reimagined by Ronald D. Moore, Battlestar Galactica tells the story of the last survivors of mankind and their quest to escape the murderous Cylons in their search for the mythical 13th Colony, Earth.

"With Battlestar Galactica, it was an incredibly easy decision to make," said Diamond Select Toys Marketing and Sales Supervisor, Michael Leavey. "We quickly added it to our library of properties and, as with our Star Trek and Stargate lines, we immediately began building a whole universe of Galactica products.”

Battlestar Galactica premiered as a mini-series in 2003 to rave reviews from both critics and fans of the classic property, setting viewership records for the SCI FI Channel. Leaving much of traditional science fiction behind, the new Battlestar Galactica instead focused on character-driven conflicts and the series’ epic storytelling style as viewers followed the triumphs and hardships of the Colonial Fleet. Having received the prestigious American Film Institute’s honorific “TV Program of the Year” for the second consecutive year, the stellar drama returns to the SCI FI Channel on January 21, 2007 in a new timeslot; Sunday evenings at 10:00 pm EST.

In addition to the riveting plots and special effects, Battlestar Galactica features an incredibly diverse cast of characters portrayed by a mix of seasoned veterans and Hollywood newcomers. Accomplished actors Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell provide the necessary leadership as Admiral Adama and President Roslin, with a sizable supporting cast featuring the talents of Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. With guest stars like Lucy Lawless, Dean Stockwell and Battlestar Galactica veteran Richard Hatch, this impressive cast steals the show and delivers rock-solid performances week after week.

This new licensing agreement expands upon Art Asylum’s previous arrangement to produce Minimates, resin statues and busts based on the red hot sci-fi franchise. With sculpts already well underway, DST plans to release the first action figure assortment this summer. The debut series will feature several key characters from the smash-hit series, including the seductive Six. Specific product announcements, as well as timetables for their release dates, will be featured in future Diamond Select Toys communications, and at the upcoming International Toy Fair.

Source Action-Figure.com

biggrin.gif

#11 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

Sent you a pm Bizza explaining that I moved and merged your thread with the one JMW326 created yesterday. Definately some exciting news and can't wait to see some prototypes by summer(crosses fingers on this happening) biggrin.gif

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

I think we will be seeinf prototyps at the Feb toyfare. Any speculation on who will be in the first series (besides Six of course)? If DST does things like they usualy do we will see 2 to 3 core characters along with a couple af variants.

I think it could be:
Six
Commander Adama (possible Admiral variant)
Lee (flight Suit)
Lee Variant (Blue uniform or under shirt).

#13 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

According to the UK toyfare pics over at actionfigure.com the first two are going to be Apollo (flight suit) and Caprica Six (with the red dress). It looks like AA is doing them and and they willl be around 7 1/8" tall. So around the same size as the current TNG stuff. The promo art looks realy good.

#14 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

Glad to hear these are coming out for all of you.

For me, with the SG-1, SGA, AND a few Trek figures here and there I'm broke. smile.gif

#15 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:59 PM

ohmy.gif
I don't believe my eyes! They're gorgeous, even better than I expected! happy.gif
*begins waiting for pics of the protos* ph34r.gif

#16 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

I've wanted figures from this show since it premiered! And to top it all off, my favorite character, Lee Adama is in the first series! Now I just wonder if they're going to follow the same pattern as our beloved Trek; 2 characters per wave, variations on each character? There could be 3 for Apollo: Flight suit, dress blues, undershirts. That could work for several of the crew (Helo, Starbuck, Athena). I guess red and white dress repaints for Six. This line holds a lot of character possibilities if DST uses their "head switch" strategy as with Trek. Felix Gaetta anyone?

Of course, if they do Admiral Adama with his correct heavy build, DST could always do a "Fat Lee" variant. tongue.gif

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

According to DST's latest Radical Confidential we will be getting a look at the first line up of BSG figures at this months upcoming toyfare. I can't wait to see these and find out which variants of the characters they are going to do.

#18 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:59 PM

My prediction for the wave is:

Apollo (standard uniform)
Apollo (flight suit)
Six (red dress)
Six (variant chase figure)

With one of the Apollos being a Previews exclusive. They might do a undershirt Apollo as a con exclusive or promo of some kind like they did for the Stargate line. I think we'll see a lot of specials for the line's launch and this inaugural wave.

I can't wait to see a Cyclon Centurion. I'm going to have to army build like crazy with that bad mother!

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

That is a pretty good prediction. I can see it happening just like that. I am really looking forward to this line of figures.

#20 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 6 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am really looking forward to this line of figures.

You're telling me, brother. With BSG, TWOK, and DS9 figures coming I'm practically chomping at the bit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users