Debates on the new ship.

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#21 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 31 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He said he would personally like to see the Defiant done again, same with Digger. But that doesn't mean they'll get done gang ...

He didn't say they weren't being done either. It could be vast ploy to throw us all off! LOL

#22 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

and it doesn't mean they won't, you are correct Slayerone76. I'm kind of hoping they do something a little different myself, as I'm Enterprise'd out after these next few waves laugh.gif Give me a new Federation or Alien ship and I'll start saving my pennies tongue.gif

#23 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

^^ You know you'd buy another Enterprise if they made it. wink.gif

#24 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:35 AM

I'd probable do the D, but nothing else outside of TWOK stuff. Mainly because I want to display my figures with the dedication plaques and figures eventually wink.gif

#25 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

I want the Enterprise-D in the same scale as they did the Enterprise-E in. spock2.gif

#26 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

I kind of agree with Chuck. I am a little Enterprised out. After the TWOK 1701 the only ships I want to see with 1701 on them need to have a B or a C after it. I have never cared for the D and would only buy one if it were done very very very well. I would however buy a Defiant or Voyager without ever thinking twice about it. As for the BOP I would only get one if it looked realy good and had movable wings and was not some God awefull bright green like so many of them before. As for speculation about a ship after the TWOK 1701 I agree with Knightone that the Defiant or Reliant have the best chances of being made. Although it would be kind of cool if they surprised us all and did the DS9 station.

#27 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

Anybody notice how all Chuck has to do is mention something and it sends all of us into a tail spin? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Anyway, I was sitting up last night, staring at the ceiling because I couldn't sleep, and I started thinking about the BOP. This is why I doubt we will get the BOP, at least any time soon: The wings. They could not fit all of those electronics into that miniscule body and be able to give it the kind of articulation that is correct. The ships wings are supposed to pivote at the "shoulder haunches". When you move the wings up, a section of the shoulders are supposed to retract into the body, and there is just no room for both. I'm pretty sure that's why the PM BOP wasn't articulated like that. Since DST knows that we want an articulated ship, they may try and give us something else, i.e. the Defiant or Reliant. (Hopefully the former *crosses fingers*)

#28 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:57 PM

Stormfury, I don't know too much about electronics, but it would seem with as tiny as components are becoming these days it could work, especially with something the size of the PMs version. If you are talking about scale issues, then thats a whole new bag of small and you are right.

#29 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read the new ATD Captain Kidd ... Chuck stated DS9 is next for 2007.

I guess that doesn't necessarily mean 'next,' but I think we can assume Defiant is in the running.

Well I did notice the new ATD thread was posted only after responding to this one. So sorry I was wrong.

#30 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

The PM version didn't have pivoting wings. It was just one solid mold. And it was still enormous! DST/AA don't seem to be in the habit of making super huge models like PM did on occassion. And if they wouldn't even bother with LED's, I doubt very much that they would put smaller, much more expensive hardware in it. I mean, even the battery pack alone would take a considerable amount of space.

#31 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

Well, I think we have a better chance of seeing a BOP than the DS9 station. Considering the price of oil and how it affects the figure market, I don't see that one happening. While I know some would pay a huge amount for a accurate station, I don't see everyone being able to. Sorry, but while I play a millionare on tv, I don't have a disposable income just yet sad.gif

#32 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 31 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I think we have a better chance of seeing a BOP than the DS9 station. Considering the price of oil and how it affects the figure market, I don't see that one happening. While I know some would pay a huge amount for a accurate station, I don't see everyone being able to. Sorry, but while I play a millionare on tv, I don't have a disposable income just yet sad.gif

Well, maybe DST will give us a toy Defiant and do a Resin model of DS9 kind of like what they did for the Galactica. Not to mention that Playmates did a really good DS9 model, I thought. That's with the exception of the extremely off scale Enterprise D that comes with it. Other than that, the DS9 from PM is really superb.

#33 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

I still want the Ent-D!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If DST doesn't make it, at least I know that a large 1/1000 scale model kit is in the works for a summer 2007 release (hint hint cool.gif ) spock2.gif

#34 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

I believe the Enterprise -D has the best chance of getting made next. I wouldnt mind having a defiant, a DS9 or a Voyager, or a Reliant for that matter, but i am willing to bet it will be the "D".

#35 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

Thinking about it again, Chuck used the word "Enterprise'd" out Get it, "Enterprise-D" out.

Take that how you will. Is the Enterprise-D out next or is it out of the running?

wink.gif

#36 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

wow, all I have to say is that if they release the Enterprise D, I will feel like the forums biggest @$$, lol.

#37 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

With the apparent success of the TOS Enterprise, it looks as if chances for another Starship Legends release may just be looking up. So, let's resurrect this discussion.

I know many people would like the Enterprise-D to be released next, but I for one actually am Enterprised out. I would prefer to see the Reliant or the Defiant. I would even take Voyager before another Enteprise, but DST doesn't seem to keen on her since Chuck said she would be at the bottom of any proverbial list.

Chuck did say the Enterprise-D would be the next logical release, but that isn't set in stone AFAIK, so anything is possible at this point.

#38 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

I really dont know what will happen next. The 1701 looks so much better than the PM version that I wouldnt mind an ENT-D (I want a separating saucer!!). I am worried that the BD stuff will oversaturate the market. I know we keep hearing about there being limited quatities of everything but still im worried. My best guess is that the Defiant is going to be made next. I think DS9 is going to need a kick in the butt to get sales jumpstarted. Collectors may be drawn to an extremely well done Defiant and then purchase the figs too. May be a pipe dream but Id say the Defiant is good money at this point.

#39 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

I would take just about any ship except the Enterprise-D. I was never a big fan of the big bulky awkwardness of it's design. If it were made really (reallllllllllly) good then maybe, but I would rather see Defiant (DS9 version) or Voyager, or Excelsior first.

#40 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

Rick at New Force seems rather confident that his BD exclusives will sell well, so I will have confidence that these won't affect the decision to do anymore ships.

I will buy any ship that DST puts out, but my wish is for Voyager (as I have stated time and again). I know its not likely, and I kinda wonder where DST gets there marketing information from. It would be interesting to see where interest lies outside of the forums. All I know is that Voyager has always preformed well in polls and most people speak rather highly of the ship despite not enjoying the show.

I might get excited for an Excelsior, but not a Reliant. The Reliant always seemed awkward to me. I just never liked the design.

If DST wants to take a shot at something exciting, I would REALLY like to see a Prometheus or Equinox. Those were awesome designs and would do well in DST scale and fashion.

I think with DS9 coming out, I am going for the Defiant as the next pick though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users