• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#1 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:40 PM

OK gang, I am thinking that the next ship will be the Defiant. As it was stated earlier, Chuck is very good about dropping hints, so this is my gamble. With the next line of figures being DS9 and every figure line has gotten at least one ship, this hust seems logical to me.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

That is if we get any new ships after the TOS Enterprise and the TWOK Enterprise. DST has said before that the ships are kind of on shaky ground since the E-E didn't do as well as they wanted sales wise. I would love to see the Defiant thougH. It has been one of my favorite ships since the first time I saw it on DS9. He also hinted at a BOP and if it was done well I would get it too.

#3 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:59 PM

I would only get that if it had articulated wings, or with the wings fixed into the mid-raised position.

#4 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

It also seems as though they're trying to breathe some new air into the lungs of the SSLegends line. With the positive response to the announcement of the TWOK Enterprise and the fairly possitive response to the TOS 1701, it's looking like we may get some new ships after all.

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

The only two ships that have a chance of getting made IMO are the Enterprise D and Voyager.

#6 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:06 PM

I don't see why. Voyager, if I'm not mistaken wasn't as popular as DS9.

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

the show maybe but not the ship. The playmates version of that ship will bring $100.00 bucks on Ebay every day and the kit model version will bring $50.00. I would be willing to bet the Ban Dai was a fast seller. That has always been a very popular ship.

Sold out

Sold out

Sold out

If AA / DST were to bomb with this one, they would be the first ones to do so.

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

I am going for Enterprise-D or the Defiant for the next one. Chuck did raise the question about us being sick of Enterprises though. I think they are moving in a new direction this time. Defiant, BoP, or VOYAGER!

Like it or not, the Voyager was always top, or next to top, of forum polls. I think a lot of people liked her.

#9 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

I like Voyager fine, she's a fine, if somewhat impractical, ship. I have just been waiting a long time for someone to do the Defiant justice. So far, no one has impressed me much, except maybe AMT/Ertl.

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

Well to be honest as much as I like voyager it sort of reminds me of a.......

#11 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

While I don't want to any fan to be with out there favorite ship, I personally want a back drop for my Enterprise-D crew - so I am going with the Enterprise-D ship followed by the Defaint.
Perhaps the lack of sales for the E was that it was/is not as popular as the D. My opinion anyways.

#12 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Jan 30 2007, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Voyager fine, she's a fine, if somewhat impractical, ship. I have just been waiting a long time for someone to do the Defiant justice. So far, no one has impressed me much, except maybe AMT/Ertl.

Really I thought that the Playmates version might have been the closest one to the real model Playmates ever made.

#13 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, I thought the PM's Defiant was very well done, but I am not an accuracy freak - there might be things that I wasn't aware of.

#14 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

The problem wasn't with the ship, it was with the advertisement these ships get! They don't get squat because they sell for over $50 on ebay because people just don't realize that there is a company that holds the liscence and that these ships are not coming out of Paramounts magical factory. The general public just doesn't know that they can get the same ship on ebay for $20 less at New Force Comics. Because of this limited "specialty" market, it's just the way things are.

#15 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

I love my PM Defiant, but there was just alot that was left off. Most of these companies prefer to go the route of the inaccurate 6th season CG image of the ship in terms of over all shape rather than the actual studio model. That's always irked me quite a bit. Not to mention that all of the model except AMT/Ertl left off the pulse phaser cannons, the bracket under the warhead module and the details just aren't that sharp in general. I would be extatic if the Defiant was given the AA/DST treatment. But, we can't always have what we want, so may the best ship win. smile.gif

#16 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

I would put my money on the Ent D as the next ship.

We all assume that the next wave of figures will be DS9 just because this was the series that followed TNG. There are no fact to say that DS9 will be next nothing has not been announced that I know of. But I could see the Defient and even Voyager being released down the line if there is good responce to the Ent D.

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Read the new ATD Captain Kidd ... Chuck stated DS9 is next for 2007.

We'll definitely see DS9 in 07, MOST DEFINITELY.
I guess that doesn't necessarily mean 'next,' but I think we can assume Defiant is in the running.

#18 Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

I'm hoping for either an Enterprise-D or Defiant as well. The Enterprise-D is such a well known and iconic model, it really is a must have. On the other hand, I love the design and combat capabiliies of the Defiant.

And actually, to save money on production, and to reduce costs to the customer, they could produce the Defiant in scale to the Enterprise-E, which although size of the Defiant is a bit sketchy. I've seen that most of the accepted lengths for the ships are the Enterprise-E at about 685 meters, and the Defiant at about 122 meters. Even enlarging the size of the Defiant, it would be only about as big as the Enterprise-E's saucer section.

Personally, to have all of the ships, I wouldn't mind if they produced a "Fleet Series" or something of ships at like 8 or 12 inches, large enough to fit in even a blister pack, and release 2 to 3 ships in a wave as they do the figures. We could get all of our favorite Federation ships, alien ships, and large scale ships such as Borg cubes could be done in boxed sets to be somewhat in scale to the smaller ships. I mean, at the scale and price pont we have now, I doubt we will see an Akira Class, Excelsior Class, Borg Sphere, or any other cool ships anytime soon.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.gif

#19 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

I think it's either the Defiant or the Reliant, with the DS9 and TWOK figures coming. I know the figures and ships aren't necessarily supposed to correspond, but Chuck's hint about being "Enterprised out" makes me think the Enterprise-D is not what they have planned next. DST also never sounds enthused about anything having to do with Voyager, whether that be the figures or the ship. So I think Voyager will have to wait for a year or two in any of the lines that DST produces for the Trek license. If it's not the Defiant or Reliant, then it might be an alien ship, although I think that's a long shot as well for some reason. Whatever it is, I think it's going to be a ship without the traditional primary hull and secondary hull configuration since we've gotten the Enterprise-E, the TOS Enterprise, and the TWOK refit all in a row just to break up the tedium.

#20 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

tongue.gif Gotta love it when you're playing catch up, don't you gang? Remember a few things that Chuck said when it came to the Defiant and BOP. He said he would personally like to see the Defiant done again, same with Digger. But that doesn't mean they'll get done gang, hopefully Toy Fair will provide more answers. As I'm wondering if we'll see the prototypes or actual figures of the DS9 line, going off what he said to that question. It would be interesting to see Enterprise D, with a seperating saucer section. I still like my Playmates Defiant, just ran across that last night. Anyway, continue with the speculating, it's a nice read wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users