Any news on DST Data/Laforge wave?

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#21 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us on this Rick, I know your time is valuable. But we appreciate you stopping in and keeping us up to date smile.gif

#22 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Jan 20 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for taking the time to get back to us on this Rick, I know your time is valuable. But we appreciate you stopping in and keeping us up to date smile.gif

Yeah, no kidding. You just gave a lot of great info there. While it's sad to see another delay for wave 4, it's good to hear that they're still coming. (especially the 1701 smile.gif ) Thanks!

#23 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for all the updates Rick. It is much appreciated!

#24 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

New pics of the figures from UK Toyfair can be seen HERE at Action-figure.com. There are also pictures of the AGT figures, the Kirk/Khan two-pack, and the Mego re-release.

#25 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

I think Geordi looks really nice. He'd have to be my fave of the 3rd wave. Though the AGT version is a bit iffy! biggrin.gif

What do we think is with the cats?? orange, black & white....where did these other kitties come from?

#26 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

awesome Datas coming with Spot and his violin? biggrin.gif
lol hey remember one episode didn't Spot had kittens? ...so the other cats could be the kittens? they're really getting creative now! tongue.gif

I must say...and I'll probably get bashed for this lol But I'm not feeling Datas face..maybe its just a bad picture but it doesnt look as good as the 2002 AA Data that I have. I thought they did an excellent job on the likness of his face .......but what was up with the tan ears? lol

Are there any pictures of the new Geordie with his VISOR off?

#27 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

Skeletor, I think it's the angle of the picture of Data. I saw these last year in San Diego and all of the looked spot on wink.gif Once I get the latest ATD wrapped up, I'll try and post some pics from there up in the Members Only Section smile.gif

#28 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jan 24 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do we think is with the cats?? orange, black & white....where did these other kitties come from?

I think they are from All Good Things. Data has a few cats just lounging around in his mansion.
http://tng.trekcore....s...=176&page=7
(1 on the mantle, a couple in the chair, 1 on the table) smile.gif

QUOTE(skeletor @ Jan 24 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say...and I'll probably get bashed for this lol But I'm not feeling Datas face..maybe its just a bad picture but it doesnt look as good as the 2002 AA Data that I have.

I hear you, I'm not too impressed with Data's likeness either. It's not horrible but it could definitely be better.

Also, AGT Geordi lost the grey in his hair and is now wearing a pink shirt instead of purple. sad.gif What happened?
http://photos.action...p...93&cat=1517 <<<looks good here
http://www.action-fi...g2_itemId=57495 <<< blink.gif

QUOTE(skeletor @ Jan 24 2007, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there any pictures of the new Geordie with his VISOR off?

Yup, here you go:
http://photos.action...p...73&cat=1854

#29 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

OH WOW! biggrin.gif that is GREAT they even made the little things on the side of his head where his VISOR clicks into place, how cool is that!!? lol

Thanks for the link! smile.gif I appreciate it! I always try to google and find good pics of the new figures, but I have little luck.

I sure like the captain kirk in his command chair. That enterprise looks nice too!

I just won captain picard season 7 on ebay last week, i hope it comes soon smile.gif it's my first in the next gen line.
Its been kinda hard getting them, the shipping can be very expensive on ebay for just one figure.

#30 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Jan 25 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they are from All Good Things. Data has a few cats just lounging around in his mansion.

Ah, well there you go. Then the cats are a very cool! I guess you'll just have to see which one you get, but I can see some people buying multiple AGT Data's with each cat, unless they all come with a single Data.

The Data looks ok...though not in comparison to the AA one. I'd really need to see him in person to know for sure....which shouldn't be too far away now.

#31 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

This will probably be similar to the various PADD you could get with the packaging for Right/Worf and Picard/Troi.

#32 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

That Data just doesnt look right. I remember someone saying that he looks like an Ape, and now i believe it.

#33 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

Did we see the news over at AA forums?

The Data/Geordi wave are out in Australia!

Ofcourse, not in my crappy little city. I'll have to go for a 3 hour trip to Sydney to find them....but it will be worth it biggrin.gif

I gather you guys should be receiving them pretty soon.

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Jan 26 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That Data just doesnt look right. I remember someone saying that he looks like an Ape, and now i believe it.

In the pics above, it kinda looks like one side of his head has been smashed in at the back!

#34 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:05 AM

hey man what part of Australia do you live? I had a girlfriend in Victoria about 5 years ago lol she got me hooked on that vegemite lol smile.gif

#35 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

Bathurst, New South Wales....& I love my vegemite laugh.gif

#36 MattP

MattP

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:52 AM

Artistix, there should be a removeable panel on the back of his head so you can plug a lead in it ala "The Best of Both Worlds"
Don't know if you guys have seen this before but this ad was in Forbidden Planet's mail order catalogue in the UK.

#37 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

Aw crap! I got two Lores delivered from Forbidden Planet today..........trouble is, one of them has the wrong flipping head on him....he's not smiling! angry.gif

What is it with me and flippin' heads? That's the second damn time I got a figure with the wrong head on it! angry.gif

So, I now have to send it back and get a darn replacement.

BTW: I have Geordi and he is utterly lovely. I think they toned down the joke lips! wink.gif

#38 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:07 PM

^^^^^^ Nice one Jules! Any pics? Oh and also, where did you get geordi? He's not on the fp site. What accesories did they come with?

#39 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:54 AM

^^^Hopefull I'll post some pics this weekend. I tried to upload to photobucket earlier this week but for some reason it was taking about a week and a half!

Now, this is a very annoying thing to relate but S7 Geordi is not on the FP website, it is only offered via their mail/phone-in catalogue! In other words you need to phone 01621 877222 and order. When I queried this piece of nonsence, I was told that different items are offered on the website to the catalogue because ~ wait for it ~ "Not everyone has access to a computer!". The logic of this defeats me utterly; why not just offer the full range in the catalogue and website at the same time? I sometines think that retailers go out of their way to make life difficult for collectors. mad.gif

Lore comes without any accessories at all, but Geordi comes with a standard tricorder and something we haven't seen before, a silver tool case. As we know, S7 Data has Spot the cat, a standard tricorder, and, coolest of all...........his violin and bow! How cool it that?!! wub.gif

It's very frustrating because I only got one each of Geordi and season 7 Data and I'm waiting on my duplicates before I decide which to open, and I can't open Lore for the same reason. But they do look cool in the package!

#40 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Jan 26 2007, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw crap! I got two Lores delivered from Forbidden Planet today..........trouble is, one of them has the wrong flipping head on him....he's not smiling! angry.gif
What is it with me and flippin' heads? That's the second damn time I got a figure with the wrong head on it! angry.gif

So, I now have to send it back and get a darn replacement.

BTW: I have Geordi and he is utterly lovely. I think they toned down the joke lips! wink.gif

Jules if you still have that wrong head one I will buy it from you and cover shipping here to the US

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users