Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#1761 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

I wonder what Federation ships we have left then (up to 90 I mean)?

Confirmed so far:
54: Steamrunner class
56: Sabre class
59: Relativity

61: Norway class

63: Antares

66: Raven

68: Peregrine class

70's: Enterprise-A

I saw Ben respond to a question about the Enterprise-J last week, saying he's waiting for Doug Drexler to get a break inbetween doing the visuals for Defiance:
https://twitter.com/...729697387773952

Also adding in 2-3 Enterprise ships (which could be considered 'Federation' I suppose), I imagine we'll either see a couple of Wolf 359 ships before 90, or perhaps more likely (as it'd be easier), we'll get the Soyuz class and Nebula class Phoenix.

#1762 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

He did mention possibly doing the DS9 kit bashes:

USS Curry

USS Elkins

USS Yeager

In case anyone isn't familiar with those:

http://www.ex-astris...icles/ds9tm.htm

#1763 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

Oh gawd, please not those. The Centaur is the only one I can digest, and it's already on eBay along with Steamrunner, Saber, and Norway. There are a bunch more interesting screen-seen models they could do:

- Soyuz
- Sydney
- Daedalus
- Sisko's Nebula variant (this would be pretty sweet)
- New Orleans
- Niagara
- USS Saratoga
- Excelsior study-models that were seen on screen in BoBW and Unification

#1764 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

I'm with Morgan.... The Curry, Yeager, and Elkins are pretty bad kit bashes.... I hope Ben sees the light and chooses better bashes.

#1765 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

I love DS9, and for that reason (and that reason only!), I'd take a Curry class. There's nothing on Earth that would get me to buy the Voyager kitbash ones, especially the Yeager (Maquis raider mash-up).

Wolf 359 ships are what I'm hoping for, followed by the Nebula and Miranda Variants. I'm someone who actually likes the look of the CG Nebula class (deflector is lifted from the Galaxy class, and isn't correct), but I'd love them to fix that for the Phoenix.

#1766 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Yikes I wasn't aware of the those kit bashes, they really are awful! I have been surprised at how good some of the models have turned out but I can't see how those can possibly turn out well.

#1767 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

I didn't say I liked 'em! 😃

As I have wondered before, why go to the trouble of making those strange Frankenships when a few feet away in another crate at Paramount are perfectly decent models of Nebula, Constellation, Ambassador, and Oberth class ships. Depending on restrictions, they could have even thrown in an Intrepid class.

Since they were going for a defeated fleet look it would have really delivered the message if say the tug ship was tractoring the saucer of a Galaxy class, implying the stardrive was destroyed.

#1768 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

^ Completely agree, especially the tug bit! That's all stuff I'd be happy to see fixed in a Blu-ray version (not that they would - expensive), even though I know some die-hard purists would be upset.

Ben just posted these:

CMojgtAXAAAyxZm.jpg  

Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AAyxZm.jpg:orig

CMojgtCWoAAIX1U.jpg

Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AAIX1U.jpg:orig

Gorgeous. :D

#1769 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

New image of the Steamrunner (Appalachia):
CMtjDjQWsAA7GGu.jpg

Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AA7GGu.jpg:orig

#1770 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

I am annoyed right now. I ordered an Armored Voyager off of eBay for a really good price and the next day the seller let me know that the ships were sent out with the wrong magazine so they could either ship it with the wrong magazine, refund the money or order a new one with the correct magazine from the distributor and ship it out in a week or two. Well I of course opted for the new one with the correct magazine. Well the next day they let me know it would be 2 to 6 months for corrections and we're just refunding my money so I could buy another one. Problem is that there aren't any around for that price.

#1771 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Since there is a bit of the USS Zandura floating by in the FC battle scene, I wonder if this retroactively makes the entire Alex Jeager design canon : ) I think this is the best of the FC sketches that didn't make the film, too bad it wasn't rendered further.

jeager-concept-1.jpg?w=998&h=596

#1772 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

Good to see EM are gonna be at NYCC,look forward to going by their booth with my list of questions,lol.

J-R!

#1773 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Couple of new promotional images have come out for the Kelvin (special issue - and what may be the first and only JJ ship I ever buy lol), and the Botany Bay. As always, the colour was screwed up on them, so Darth Duranium has corrected them to display properly. If you see this man, post them here in the future as well! For now, I'll do the honour (thank you for correcting the colour by the way):

kelvin.jpg

http://forum.rebelsc.../500/kelvin.jpg

Botany_Bay.jpg

http://forum.rebelsc.../Botany_Bay.jpg

Both lovely. :)

#1774 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

The Kelvin looks amazing, I cant wait to get her. 

#1775 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

One thing I never understood about the Kelvin was why it was a seemingly pure-TOS design while the Abrams Enterprise was like something out of the "Lost in Space" remake with William Hurt.

#1776 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

The Kelvin was around prior to Nero's timeline incursion so it makes sense that it's more TOS-inspired.  Technically the Kelvin is a prime universe ship (like Spock's Jellyfish). 

#1777 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

The Kelvin looks insane! When is it out in the UK??

Whilst I love the look of the new Enterprise, I can't help but feel it should have remained identical to the TOS ship. That is the Enterprise. The ship that all future iterations were based. Just like the Millennium Falcon is for Star Wars, the Original Enterprise is for Star Trek. I'm hoping that the images we've seen on set of Star Trek Beyond of a downed ship is that of the Enterprise so that by the end of that movie the crew are on a ship that IS the TOS Enterprise rather than the current Enterprise which looks a little too flashy. 

#1778 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

One thing I never understood about the Kelvin was why it was a seemingly pure-TOS design while the Abrams Enterprise was like something out of the "Lost in Space" remake with William Hurt.

Completely agree.

In regards to the Kelvin as well, I saw someone make a true prime-universe (non-reboot) version of her configuration (just had a search for the pictures, can't find them now...) - obviously using Constitution refit parts, and it's instantly much better in my opinion. I could be being unfair in this, but if you don't like something, it does taint your view of the things associated with it. 

The Kelvin looks insane! When is it out in the UK??

Not announced yet, but judging by Ben's comments about the NX-01R (the special after the Kelvin) being available before the end of the year, I'd say quite soon - September would be my guess.

#1779 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

Organizing my Eaglemoss ships today and came across a few duplicates.  If anyone is interested let me know.  Would prefer to sell here vs eBay.

Enterprise-D 

USS Stargazer

Ferengi Marauder

USS Honshu (Nebula class)

Bajoran solar sailor

2009 movie Enterprise special edition

#1780 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:39 PM