• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 padrig

padrig

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

what they should do is release figures of kes and seven of nine in a 2 pack to see how well it sells so if it sells well they could make a wave. and it has popular characters in it

#2 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (padrig @ Nov 11 2010, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what they should do is release figures of kes and seven of nine in a 2 pack to see how well it sells so if it sells well they could make a wave. and it has popular characters in it

i don't know 2 many people that like Kes but the 7 will sell out fast.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Janeway and Sevan two pack would really sell.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

I think if they packaged a different version of Janeway, Seven or the EMH with each crew member they would sell pretty well.

#5 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

While I like Kes, she'd be a lousy test figure for a 2 pack. It would need to be someone they could mod easily from an existing figure mold. That means Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Paris, Torres, Kim or the Doctor. It would probably be Janeway and Seven although they should be smarted and break up the voyager "Big 3"

Janeway and Tuvok

The Doctor and Paris

Seven and B'Elanna.

Alternate Seven and Kim

Janeway with early seasons hair and Chakotay.

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Nov 11 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Janeway and Sevan two pack would really sell.

Quoted for Truth!

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

Lets kick off Voyager with a 2-pack of Neelix & Naomi!! roflmao.gif

The most likely 2-pack would be Janeway/Seven or Janeway/Borg Queen or Seven/Borg Queen.

Aside from that maybe the EMH & Tuvok would be considered.

DST need to go to more lengths to try & get the Seven figure out. You'd think someone would take her on as an exclusive...I know they won't just let Rick himself take her on.

What is wrong with the world??? huh.gif

#8 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

Man I wish they'd put a thick backing onto that and just release it as a bank.

The alcove, that is. Don't need 7 going Kardashian.

#9 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

roflmao.gif
QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Nov 11 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The alcove, that is. Don't need 7 going Kardashian.

roflmao.gif

#10 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Damn Kardashians!

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Nov 12 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm...

That is a good idea.

#11 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

I think Lt. Tuvok would sum up this idea as being "most logical." There are enough variants of Janeway, the EMH, and Seven of Nine that the entire crew should be able to be released, here are a few that I can think of, that would carry the two-pack idea, and give us our variant fix at the same time, DST take notes: smile.gif

Janeway:
- Season 1 "Bun" Janeway
- "Long-haired" Janeway
- Admiral Janeway from "Nemesis"
- Future Janeway from "Endgame"

EMH:
- Standard EMH
- Emergency Command Hologram (ECH)
- Dilithium "Mining Slave" EMH
- EMH from "First Contact"

7 of 9:
- in cobalt uniform
- in silver uniform
- in maroon uniform
- in cobalt uniform w/alcove (package it like a captain's chair)
- as a full-out Borg

I'm sure that I'm missing some, but those alone should get us Chakotay, Tuvok, Kim, Paris, Torres, at the very least. Release a command bench and you can reissue Janeway and Chakotay in there own two-pack. I think the VOY line would sell well if DST would give it a chance.

#12 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

^^ They did give it a chance with the 7 of 9 Borg wave. They didn't get enough presells to break even unfortunately or most likely we'd all have 7 of 9 and several new Borg on our shelves right now.

#13 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I think that figure looks even better than the actress who plays the character. tongue.gif

#14 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Yeah... that 7 of 9 was one good looking figure!

she had like 4 different collored cat suites...

Silver, Blue, Maroon, Brown...

I'd have bught one of every color! Why not!

#15 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

A two pack with a variant of 7of9 in every package may be the only way to move some of the Voyager characters like Tom Paris, Kes and Harry Kim. I would buy every character put out, but many would not.

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

Well thats an Interesting Idea VF!

Lets see... here they all are...

silver w/ piping - Janeway
brown - Paris
brown w/ piping - Tores
maroon - Nelix
plum - Tuvok
blue - Chakotey
2 tone blue - Kim
Black/Grey - The Dr.

That just about gets them all!

#17 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:33 AM

I think that if someone like Rick had offered to make up the difference for the 7 of 9 pre-sells, they'd have sold and we'd have a full Voyager bridge crew by now. DST has produced lines at a loss before, and this is one figure that they could have produced at a loss and more then made up for once it was released.

I'd gladly buy VOY figures by themselves, and I'd much rather have a complete VOY bridge crew then one more TOS figure. To be quite blunt, I don't care about TOS; I bought the bridge crew as a completist, but it's just not the series that I'm most interested in, and I'd much rather have VOY figures then another Kirk or Spock or even TOS aliens. VOY has the potential to sell, but DST won't even give it a chance. Yes, 7 of 9 should be the easiest figure to sell, but I'd even buy a Neelix/Kes two-pack if that was the only way to get those figures out. If Janeway, the EMH, and 7 of 9 would be needed to carry the entire wave, I'd welcome two-packs of reissued variants, where the variants would at least have some level of difference among them other then a barely noticeable new head-sculpt. Every Kirk uniform variant has been done to death, along with every Spock variant, and most of them are in the same package, at least the proposed Voyager concept would put the variant in with a new figure, and neither of the figures would be named Kirk or Spock. If DST goes into Kirk/Spock withdrawl, how about a "Vulcan legends" two-pack of Spock/Tuvok? That would actually get me to pick up another Spock, even if I only cared about Tuvok.

There are plenty of ways for DST to get this line out, I just wish that they'd pick one, and maybe not rely on presells for 7 of 9 to get her to sell. The two canceled figures that I really want that DST hasn't gotten out yet are 7 of 9 and Sisko+Command Chair, if they can find a way to release those, I'll be happy.

#18 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

I think that a Voyager release similar to the TWOK release would have worked fine.

Wave One: Janeway (Bun), Seven of Nine (Maroon), EMH, Seven of Nine (silver) (TWOK: Kirk, Terrell, Khan, Kirk Variant)
Wave Two: Borg Queen, Admiral Janeway, Neelix, Borg Seven of Nine (TWOK: Spock, Saavik, Uhura, Kirk Variant)

SDCC: Paris, Kim, Torres, Tuvok, Chakotay (TWOK: McCoy, Sulu, Chekov, Scott, Mangled Khan)

Two Pack: "Flashback" Janeway/Tuvok (TWOK: Kirk/Dying Spock)

They could have been in and out in a year just like the TWOK line and been done with it. If it was successful, they could have added some head swaps and repaints, like a "Relativity" Seven of Nine, a Security Neelix, an ECH, Janeway with different hair, Troi and Barclay two pack, Nemesis Janeway, and even a Voyager Q. They would really only have needed three core bodies for the crew uniforms...one already tooled for DS9 Worf, much like the Playmates Voyager figures, they have the Borg Queen and multiple Seven's sculpted, and the TWOK bodies for the Janeway/Tuvok two pack tooled. Could they have pulled that off this year for the 15th anniversary? Yeah...probably. Oh well. Maybe in 2015... wink.gif

#19 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

I'd be happy with 2-packs that all feature Seven. Same strategy as many TOS 2-packs - put the most popular person in everything.

I mentioned the exclusive releases like the TWOK sets before, it was explained that companies do exclusives for lines they are promoting, not lines that are on life support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users