• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:46 AM

I'll probably give it a watch to see what its like. 

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

Oooooooo! I love comedies! 

Well... thats perfect! its coming on the last night of trek before its break.... so this will be something fun to watch!

#23 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

I'm actually enjoying quite a few of the regular broadcast shows as well as Discovery. We cut the cable cord about five years ago and went straight to streaming. Since then we really haven't kept up with CBS shows that we used to watch unless they hit Hulu or Netflix and those are few and far between. So this sub is allowing us to catch up and see some new stuff.

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

more update on all access...

Twlight Zone exclusive content is in the works, and CBS had this to say overall about DISCO as well as other exclusive content...

“The good news is, the bet is paying off,” he said. Asked about how the company determines the right content for All Access, Moonves said: “The programming kind of needs to be more premium than it would be on CBS. … It needs to be more specialized, needs to stand out.” All Access has drawn an audience that is 20 years younger than the average viewer of CBS, he added.

For CBS, it’s a long game, Moonves said. “There will continue to be a widening gap between the haves and have-nots, and clearly we are on the right side of that divide,” he said.

they are clearly focused on the end game, and in for the long haul. 

#25 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

Welp, forgot this thread existed. 

#26 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

IAG!  I just found more info and added it here!

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Well... The after trek wasn't streaming correct for episode 108 live... I'll have to watch it later.

I did watch the new comedy "No Activity"... some beautiful cinematography... I;ll have to keep watching to see where it goes  to decide if I like it... 

I guess its based on an Australian show which has run two seasons.

#28 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

CBS All Access' version of Once Upon a Time and Grimm? Can a zombie series be far behind?

http://www.comingsoo...tell-me-a-story

#29 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Not really feeling "No Activity" Its not bad.. .its not good... its kinda there.

#30 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

CBS All Access' version of Once Upon a Time and Grimm? Can a zombie series be far behind?

http://www.comingsoo...tell-me-a-story

Why not? Incidentally, you can count me among the apparent minority that doesn't hate what Walking Dead has been up to lately.

#31 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hey, whatever works. I'm eager to find out what they've got in store for the comic book crowd.

#32 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:09 AM

Well the service works nicely out of country. I've tried it in Europe and now in Asia. This time I got the lightning to HMDI converter and was able to stream direct to the hotel TV. Some of the apps are now checking to see if your using a VPN but AA isn't

#33 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:27 AM

I actually think CBS AA's "The Good Fight" is their best original content... far better than Discovery...  Ironically I think the last lawyer themed show I got into was Aly McBeal... and this show has a bit of serious and crazy like that show.

Still CBS AA needs more exclusive content.  

#34 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

All Access has a new Sci-Fi Original Show Airing June 14th.

Well... maybe its best billed as a drama  as they saying its sci-fi meets the occult.. 

anyhow, the production level looks good, they have Ridley Scott as the exec Producer, and I think it starts shortly after The Good Fight ends, which means that though a bit limited CBS AA has managed to provide new original content in the form of at least one show continuously for the year sub I paid for.

I didn't care much for the comedy they did... but the Good Fight snared me and Strange Angel looks like it has potential! 

#35 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

I saw the trailer for it and am intrigued.

Ill definitely be checking it out on the 14th, and so far Ive been satisfied with All Access.

#36 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:08 AM

I've enjoyed being able to watch everything commercial free... when I go back to regular TV its pretty much unwatchable as it feels like a constant commercial! 

I'm not sure if I'll re-up right away since S2 of DISCO won't show until 2019... but good original content has given it value. I'll probably switch to another service and wait for more content to pile up on it, but overall the service has been a good experience. 

#37 Damon1984

Damon1984

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

This might be huge: http://trekcore.com/...tv-development/

"Under the new pact, Kurtzman will serve as the show's lone showrunner after taking over Star Trek: Discovery from Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg, who were recently fired from the series. Kurtzman will also expand the Star Trek franchise for the small screen, developing new series, miniseries and other content, including animation."

A Starfleet Academy-Show? A possible TNG Farewell? An animated show?

After Discovery, I was ready to turn my back on Star Trek. Only the MacFarlane-Figures kept my interest. But this? This almost makes me hopeful again.

#38 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

If does look like Kurtzman is now in full control of the trek franchise. I can't say that I've Ben completely impressed with the trek projects he's been involved in thus far... But I'll give latitude that he didn't have full creative control.

Now it.seems it's his to make or break solely so I'll wait to see what he does with it before getting too excited.

#39 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

Is anyone else getting tired of the same, decades-old rumors that keep popping up? Starfleet Academy has been bounced around for 25 years now. A new animated was in the works back in 2006 set 150 years after TNG.

Honestly the only thing I'm reading about that's new is getting Patrick Stewart back in some capacity, which is really just another spin on getting William Shatner back. In another few years they'll be talking about getting Kate Mulgrew or Scott Bakula back.

#40 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

I dont really care about other live action series yet, I really dont want an over saturation of live action shows.

I would however love an animated series in a similar vein as The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Having an animated show that appeals to both adults and kids would be great, and bring in kids as new fans.

Also could lead to some cool new toy lines for us collectors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users