7 replies to this topic

#1 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hey all,

DS9 was by far my favorite series and I was thinking of creating/dedicating a site. Id have photos, links to interviews or even cut and paste them and keep them on the site if legal (and giving credit), links to vids, etc... It would be more for my own enjoyment and Ill try to have it be detailed as possible. Ill probably even buy a domain for it.

It appears most of the DS9 or deepspacenine combinations are taken in regards to domain names. I might just use quarks in the domain name.

I made the mistale of searching for other Ds9 sites and the trekcore site looks decent. Im a huge fan and may go ahaead with it anyway considering it wont cost much money and would be fun.

Dan

#2 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I purchased:

thereplimat.com
quarksholosuite.com
thehabitatring.com

#3 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Quark @ Jan 3 2013, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchased:

thereplimat.com
quarksholosuite.com
thehabitatring.com

Can I have all of you tell me which I should use? I need to setup my DNS entries but need to decide which domain name is best for a DS9 site.

#4 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

They're all pretty good, but I think most people would get the quark connection over the other two.

#5 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Wildcard @ Jan 5 2013, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're all pretty good, but I think most people would get the quark connection over the other two.

I agree. I like them all, but mentioning Quark could help. smile.gif

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I like Quarks Holo Suites!

I was just re-watching all of DS9 as its my fav of the series as well.

As you have found out, there are other sites out there, like trek core, etc, but you could probably make Quarks Holo Suites and programs a theme of your site to make it stand out more. O'brien and Bashir were always re-enacting famous battles, so you could make a catalog of every Holo suite encounter and create links to the Star Trek as well as historical info.

Anyhow, have fun with it and good luck!

#7 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 5 2013, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Quarks Holo Suites!

I was just re-watching all of DS9 as its my fav of the series as well.

As you have found out, there are other sites out there, like trek core, etc, but you could probably make Quarks Holo Suites and programs a theme of your site to make it stand out more. O'brien and Bashir were always re-enacting famous battles, so you could make a catalog of every Holo suite encounter and create links to the Star Trek as well as historical info.

Anyhow, have fun with it and good luck!

Thanks you very much for the responses. I was leaning towards "thehabitatring" but you guys may have changed my mind. Also, i bought quarksholosuites.com, i had quarksholosuite, so I think youre right about that suggestion as well. I will plan to have everything DS9 on this site. As far as bios go, unsure if it would be worth my time if im leagally able to copy and paste from startrek.com, or another site.

#8 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Quark @ Jan 5 2013, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks you very much for the responses. I was leaning towards "thehabitatring" but you guys may have changed my mind. Also, i bought quarksholosuites.com, i had quarksholosuite, so I think youre right about that suggestion as well. I will plan to have everything DS9 on this site. As far as bios go, unsure if it would be worth my time if im leagally able to copy and paste from startrek.com, or another site.

Im pretty depressed after looking at trekcore's site. Its pretty detailed and has a lot of what would take time to acquire.Im unsure if I want to go forward with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users