Photo

Stargate Continuum (may have spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

I picked up Continuum this morning and just finished watching it and I loved it. It was very well done. The effects and locations for filming were excelent. The story was very good. It was pretty much your typical alternate timeline have to travel back to fix everything story but those are always fun. It was cool to see Oneil in it and everyone did a great job. If you are a Startgate fan I highly recomend it.

#2 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Since spoilers are in the title I won't repeat it here.

I just finished watching it...I agree jmw, it was great. It was really cool to see old system lords again. So is this it for awhile regarding the SG movies? I hope not!

#3 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yeah I realy enjoyed it. The effects were realy good and the story had enough time to develop. As far as another movie. I have heard that there is a third one in te works but that is all. I dont know any more details or if they are still planning it. I hope they do make another one though.

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

It made me really realize what Id been missing in the last few seasons of SG1....O Neill! He really made the show and broke up the sometimes simplistic stories with his one liners and delivery. This movie was very good. It seemed like everyone who ever worked on stargate was able to get a paycheck here! The one disappointment was the lack of Dr Frasier that would have been sweet. I dont think SG1 should have ever strayed away from the Goa'ould storyline. The Ori were cool but not cool enough for me. I would have much prefered them to be worked into the overall storyline kinda like how the replicators were treated.

As for the filming itself, it much like The Ark of Truth where they like to use wide landscapes. I bought mine on blu-ray so that experienced was a bit enhanced. I thought the most detailed part on blu-ray was in the Artic where you could literally see each strand of fur flying on the hoods of the parkas. It was pretty sweet. The story to me was good but could have been any two-parter that you would have seen on a regular episode of SG1.

This really made me want to see more of this team (with ONeill!) but it looks like it completely ends the Goa'ould storyline which makes me kinds sad. All good things...

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

I liked seeing the Goauld again but am not sad that they are done. I am sure that there are more out there that they dont know about that could be brought up in another movie. The Ori were OK as a new baddy but kind of mimiced the Goauld a little to much. If they would have just left it with the Priors going around converting worlds things might have been better. But they had to bring in the troops (cough...Jaffa ...cough) and it started looking like they were just trying to duplicate the Goauld. I liked the Replicators when they were little bugs running around destroying everything but hated it when they made them into people. Now I have never had a problem with the character of Oneil not being on in the later seasons. I realy like Mitchel and thought that Ben Browder brought a little of his own charm into the show. It is coolt o see Oneil show up every now and then but as RDA gets older I dont realy need to see him in the middle of the action. I am hoping that if they do a third movie that they do something new and different. There are so many possibilties and different worlds just by steppig through the gate that the writters could realy come up with something interesting and different.

I liked AOT but thought Continuum was much better so maybe a third can carry that momentum and be amazing.

#6 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

I guess I'm going to be the only one who liked AOT better than Contium. Contium was ok, but there were a ton of unanswered questions left in my mind that didn't get wrapped up. It was good to see Don S. Davis one last time *sniff*. And I hope RDA can be apart of more future endeavors.

Maybe even Jonas Quin in the next one? biggrin.gif

#7 ncc1701toy

ncc1701toy

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek TOS props and toys 'n gadgets 'n stuff

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks all for this thread - I've been seeing ads for these DVD movies so will really need to get a hold of them to support the "continuation" LOL of SG1 in the DVD movies.

#8 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(ncc1701toy @ Aug 13 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all for this thread - I've been seeing ads for these DVD movies so will really need to get a hold of them to support the "continuation" LOL of SG1 in the DVD movies.

if I am not mistaken I think they were only going to come out with the 2 movies. now with the cancellation of Atlantis the next movies to be made will be with the Atlantis group. as far as TV a new space basest spin off show will be out soon. sucks I love Atlantis

#9 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

^I'm sure we'll see some crossover in some way, shape, or form.

#10 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(WORF22 @ Aug 28 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if I am not mistaken I think they were only going to come out with the 2 movies. now with the cancellation of Atlantis the next movies to be made will be with the Atlantis group. as far as TV a new space basest spin off show will be out soon. sucks I love Atlantis

Sort of, if the first two were successful then more will be made. SG-1 is not over by any means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users