• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone think there will be any toys for the next Star Trek movie? Seems a bit odd we've yet to see anything but maybe it's too soon? I'd hope we'll at least get an Enterprise.

#2 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

I hope so!  I'm liking the look of that new tricorder. Plus...ya know...toys! 

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

Does anyone think there will be any toys for the next Star Trek movie? Seems a bit odd we've yet to see anything but maybe it's too soon? I'd hope we'll at least get an Enterprise.

We didn't get a new Enterprise for Into Darkness, I'd love for Beyond, but I don't expect to. Maybe QMx will do something cool again for the Blu-Ray release. 

Who even has the current license for the new Trek stuff? 

#4 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

Who even has the current license for the new Trek stuff? 

Hasbro, according to this: http://www.startrek....ek-toys-in-2013

#5 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:21 PM

That was in 2013 though,I'm REALLY hoping that has changed since then as I'm hoping even MORE that Hascrap has absolutely NOTHING to do with Trek! EVER AGAIN! But I guess I'll just have to keep dreamin' of the day when they are gone. lol! Let someone else do it,ANYONE but Hascrap.

Would love a new Enterprise,and some figs and a playset....COMPLETE this time,lol......and some other stuff. Surely someone must be wanting to cash in on the 50th?!

J-R!

#6 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:31 AM

I dont have a problem with hasbro holding the rights to the line but they didnt do anything with it last time.

#7 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Mattel owns Megabloks and we are getting Trek Sets to coincide with the 50th Anniversary. Funny thing there is they are also doing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Terminator Megabloks sets. All three of these licenses have been with Playmates Toys before. In all honesty, if Playmates would do for Star Trek what they are currently doing with TMNT, I would love to see Star Trek return there. Just stick to the one scale that did so well in the 90's and bump up the articulation and paint applications!

#8 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Currently Megabloks holds the licence for construction toys. We saw a rather large USS Enterprise from TOS at the CBS licensing expo and that's a Mattel brand so if there were to be a toy line it'd probably be a Mattel line in guessing?

#9 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

I would love for playmates to do for Star Trek what they have done for TMNT. Plus it would continue on from what they had done in the 90's

#10 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

If Playmates is considering such a venture it wouldn't hurt to take into consideration Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Nintendo Amibo and Lego Dimensions added play value and incorporate some of this type technology into their toys. Who wouldn't love a bridge set that could be used to get your figures to interact with a multi platform game?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users