• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

This is one I started quite some time ago... I had the head sculpt finished, but wanted to swap the legs, and matching paint became a bit of an obsession!

But... in the end, I think I got it!

I swapped a set of Siko Legs on it and repaints the legs and the torso... everything from the waist down is painted.

LMK what everyone thinks!

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

very nice. I think ive done that one too plus I just finished up a Sulu that i have to take pictures of. Pretty cool stuff!

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm thinking of replacing the legs on Kirk and Spock now too...

#4 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jul 25 2012, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one I started quite some time ago... I had the head sculpt finished, but wanted to swap the legs, and matching paint became a bit of an obsession!

But... in the end, I think I got it!

I swapped a set of Siko Legs on it and repaints the legs and the torso... everything from the waist down is painted.

LMK what everyone thinks!

Looks good I would hit it with a dull coat to cut out the shine. you matched the color dead on.. you get 4 out of 5 Targs. lol

#5 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

I made everyone, but I figured I might as well use the same legs, as I felt painting black legs would be a pain. The toughest one was Uhura, due to removing hair. Mind you, I couldn't get a good skin colour for her face either.

#6 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ Jul 25 2012, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I made everyone, but I figured I might as well use the same legs, as I felt painting black legs would be a pain. The toughest one was Uhura, due to removing hair. Mind you, I couldn't get a good skin colour for her face either.

Scotty looks awesome! Pictures of the other crew please Tiberius. I was a dream of mine to make all the TMP crew but I lack the skill to produce the female torso and the spares. I have commissioned heads for Rand, Chapel, Decker, and Ilia plus a few alien heads but I was just going to plop them on TWoK bodies. How feasible is a TMP crew?

Bear in mind my spare time is taken up on a 1:350 TMP Enterprise atm...

#7 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

The easiest way to do the men, is either trim spock's collar or get the exclusive kirks. I painted chekov and sulu a tan colour. I modified uhura's torso from a lavender troi and added a skirt from an original series uhura, that I converted into a future number one. I did use all wok heads, except Scotty, who I had too many red shirts to make. I think my pics are in my TMP thread, or pics should be at photobucket.com/tiberiusguy

#8 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Jul 25 2012, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good I would hit it with a dull coat to cut out the shine. you matched the color dead on.. you get 4 out of 5 Targs. lol

he he! yeah, that has the dull coat! I guess I got it a bit heavy!

I was getting OCD on the paint, but now I have jar of "TMP Grey"!

Feel free to throw a link into your thread Tiberius!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users