Crushed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE(reverie @ Apr 27 2007, 10:39 AM) View Post
I'm sorry you had to endure so much! Sadly, every company can't be as helpful as DST or New Force. sad.gif Did you ever get your money back from UPS (I think that's what you were saying you were aiming for)?

No. I have three sheets of paper to fill out and then something I am supposed to send to someone at DST (the mailer) and I figured why bother? She was a replacement for an opener so it is not that much of a loss. AND I have another one so too much hassle... for me anyway. But I am rooting for you because UPS needs to be held accountable sometimes.
Go get 'em, tiger!

#22 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:02 PM

hello all...
UPS is the most cost effective shipper out there....USPS is not even close (typically 30-50% more expensive)...and, I ship about 100,000 parcels a year, so I consider myself a well informed "expert" on costs...we have a shipping cost algorithm that takes a sampling of all zip codes we ship to, and we enter a unit weight, and it gives us "average" cost...that way, someone in WA is not penalized for being so far away...every customer pays the same...
that said, if a customer insists on USPS, that is really not a problem, just costs more...I think VulcanFan on here will attest that we ship him via USPS (except this last time, we shipped him UPS, to try something new)...all you have to do is ask, and be willing to 1)pay the additional cost, 2) be prepared for delays in shipping...it takes a great deal of time for us to goto the PO...UPS comes to us, and when you ship on average 100-200+ parcels a day, that is a HUGE convenience...
what is strange, is that in the last month, we have had 14 damage claims with UPS...last year, we had 7....so, something has dramatically changed of very recent (has nothing to do with Jax, our shipments do not go through Jax)...I have my account rep looking into it...
rick

#23 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

I feel confident this situation is as resolved as it is going to be on the forum. If there is any further business to be conducted here, please take it to PM or email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users