#1 hemble

hemble

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:military models, Star Trek, custom figures

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hi All

This is an older figure I did about 1 years ago he was going to be for a photo novel that I was going to do but ran out of space in the garage to do it so he went into the ole cupboard for storage so I pulled him out and stripped everything off him and repainted and re-dyed the whole figure. The chair I dusted off and gave it a fresh coat of paint, I used Reaper, Vallejo and GW paints on the figure and chair. The figure was going to be James.T.Kirk originally but I think the resemblance isn't the best so I just made him a generic Starfleet Captain.

RECIPE

Body & Hands - The body and hands are from DML(Dragon Models) 12" range I had lying around in the spare bits box.
Head - The head is from BBI(Blubox Toys) and is Peter Keyes he has had sculpting done to his hair, nose and ears using GW's greenstuff 2 part putty.

Boots - The boots are from the very old AMT Star Trek Scotty hard plastic Kit I had lying around so I cut the boots off and fitted them to the DML legs.
Tunic & Pants - The tunic and pants have been hand sewn using patterns from the net and then dyed the desired colours.
Emblems & Insignia - All emblems and insignia have been made from either cloth or plasti-card and the patterns I got from the net and carved and cut them free hand till I got the look I wanted.
Chair & Base - The chair and base are made from balsa-wood, plasti-card and leather which I had lying the in the garage, The chair is of no particular design I just started putting together and what you see is the end result.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

I have to say that you are certainly a talented individual! I think all of the pics you have posted of your customs are great!

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:48 AM

Nice job, kind of what Patrick Swayze would look like as a Starfleet captain.

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

I was thinking James Bond.

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

Yes, it does resemble a young Sean Connery. Too bad Connery has never appeared in Star Trek, he is a great actor!

#6 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

He was to be in ST V. Remember where they were going??? LOL

Shaka-Ri

That was a take on Sean Connery.

#7 hemble

hemble

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks for the feedback and I was taking a closer look at him and he could pass for an olde Steve Mc Queen.

Ron

#8 hemble

hemble

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:48 AM

HI GUYS
This will be my last post for about 8 weeks I have to go interstate with the Army for more training but the good news is that I'll be making figures while I'm away so I'll have plenty to post when I get back which should be around teh 11/12 december so see you alll then.

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users